What's Spinning Tonight?

Occurred to me I've never actually listened to the album songs. The remixes were all so great I never bothered.

Terrible :30 commercial promoting the album release on UK television.

Hot Chip
Made in the Dark

51026eWDqQL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: XV-1
Tones On Tail ?– Pop - 1984 - 2021 remaster: Beggars Banquet have done an amazing job with this remaster, from the original analog tapes. sounds wonderful

EMq4mey.jpg

Gene Ammons My Way sounded amazing

Attachments

• 28FABC24-7262-4EAF-BC83-B0DF5CF89123.jpeg
    28FABC24-7262-4EAF-BC83-B0DF5CF89123.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 0F36750F-B3C2-4853-B114-8ABD8D5A376F.jpeg
    0F36750F-B3C2-4853-B114-8ABD8D5A376F.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 0
Occurred to me I've never actually listened to the album songs. The remixes were all so great I never bothered.

Terrible :30 commercial promoting the album release on UK television.

Hot Chip
Made in the Dark
This ad fits into their style, which is quite abstract when it comes to the music videos.

This ad fits into their style, which is quite abstract when it comes to the music videos.

The fact that anyone makes music videos anymore is quite abstract. Much less pours as much money and effort into them as their label allows. Suffice to say, the seemingly endless remixes were much less a trip than album itself.

I almost forgot how good this album is from Kate schrock. It wouldn’t sound out of place today if it was released and it’s so much better than many new releases. If you like strong female singers, intelligent lyrics and piano playing in a TorI Amos vein then you’ll love it.
CF4540A2-EEC8-4B48-9955-2C37BDD4CF7C.jpeg

The fact that anyone makes music videos anymore is quite abstract. Much less pours as much money and effort into them as their label allows. Suffice to say, the seemingly endless remixes were much less a trip than album itself.
Actually, what is even more abstract is the cost of some of the music videos. We are talking about millions of dollars and sometimes you could not even tell whether it's a $500 home-made video or a professional $10,000,000 music clip.

Reactions: rando
Actually, what is even more abstract is the cost of some of the music videos. We are talking about millions of dollars and sometimes you could not even tell whether it's a $500 home-made video or a professional $10,000,000 music clip.

Celebration of excess. Over the years many of these videos were better than the music they attempted to pass off. Others were worse than you say. At least nowadays they tend to be full fledged artistic statements only undertaken when everyone is serious about being there.

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio
Gorillaz ?– D-Sides - 3LP - after 13 years it finally makes it to vinyl. xcelent sound and nice pressing from Optimal.

nzGaHqq.jpg

@XV-1 thanks so much for your posts in this thread.

I never heard of Anita, despite having an uneasy love of Mr. Cave's work since way back.

Not to mention all the Prince tidbits

And Scattered Purgatory

You have seriously invigorated my music these past months!

Reactions: XV-1
@XV-1 thanks so much for your posts in this thread.

I never heard of Anita, despite having an uneasy love of Mr. Cave's work since way back.

Not to mention all the Prince tidbits

And Scattered Purgatory

You have seriously invigorated my music these past months!

no probs & thanks. nice to see someone appreciating some of my different musical tastes. Prince in my mind is America's greatest ever singer songwriter.

we seem far to focused on the " gear " at WBF, which in the long run is a pity as we should be supporting new music/artists and not just the 20th reissue of XXX done to death by Chad and alike :)

speaking of new - Sturgill Simpson ?– Sound & Fury - nothing like his normal country he has done b4 or since - kinda reminds me of Neil Young - Trans. I luv that and luv this Sturg album from a couple of years ago.

1dk6Ka1.jpg

Last edited:
Mark Lanegan Band ?– Gargoyle -2017 - great record let down by a terrible recording/ transfer to vinyl - add some eq and its a lot more enjoyable

IK5HkQd.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing