What's Spinning Tonight?

Videos offer intangible evidence otherwise left out of the experience. For many here I think that is rewarding enough to throw on a set of headphones and enjoy the complete experience. Especially where the world of their youth and today meet. Which happens considerably often, the mining of older music.
That is also another argument why we should not neglect the alternative sources such as YT. It is good to look at it from a different perspective. Not necessarily as a source of the super high-quality audio.

Reactions: rando
Especially the analog only people on WBF are highly tech dependent. Taking videos of their systems, WhatsApp conversations in the middle of the night, spend a lot of time on youtube. The evidence is quite overwhelming. :)

Decent, if not the best, digital mastering of an album I'd never heard a note of before today. Signs of switching over to the pile of Classical awaiting listening don't look great for this evening.

JBMOTB.jpg

Boy & Bear ?– Limit of Love - 2015 clear milky vinyl - picked this up today cheap @ JB and very happy. not a fan of coloured vinyl, however this has a nice hard plastic cover with artwork and lyrics on the back, so quite unique - 500 copies pressed. sounds good as well, have not compared to my black vinyl but better than I was expecting.

5GpDr5e.jpg

cfGm4Ym.jpg

Cabaret Voltaire ?– BN9Drone -2021 - really just another Richard Kirk solo album but regardless, love it. How cool is the cover art. All 4 Cabaret releases in the past 12 months have been awesome.

[IMG]

Especially the analog only people on WBF are highly tech dependent. Taking videos of their systems, WhatsApp conversations in the middle of the night, spend a lot of time on youtube. The evidence is quite overwhelming. :)

Decent, if not the best, digital mastering of an album I'd never heard a note of before today. Signs of switching over to the pile of Classical awaiting listening don't look great for this evening.

JBMOTB.jpg
I agree. In the end it is the second most powerful browser after google.

I agree. In the end it is the second most powerful browser after google.

Google owns YouTube if you were saying it is the second most powerful way of browsing for music?

Charming and flawed in ways attempts to fix it would ruin. As was the case with my previous album. ????? ?????????? is quite skilled in this music.

Folder.jpg

Reactions: ack
Put on the second disc of this album tonight. First disc involved numerous people fantasizing duets after Ray's own voice had been silenced. Which no doubt informed the decision to include tracks with fantastic backing vocalists bordering on duets on the Gold bonus disc of this Sony Taiwan HDCD release plastered with DSD logos. A little research points towards it being a remastered version (all but 5 tracks were completed by, if anything is still believable at this point, Ray in his final years) of disc 1 from "His Greatest Hits - Uh Huh." Quite a bit to unpack in order to make up for the & Friends.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
My all time favorite, even after all this time has gone by is still Jimi Hendrix, with Mitch Mitchell playing strong as one of the top drummers IMO and Billy Cox, an old Army buddy laying down the bass rhythm on this album.

Album 3 of 3 from Live on Maui. Man, to have been there during that time must of been something.

Paia, Maui is still something special, and easy to still feel the vibes of turn on, tune in, drop out.

Be well if your reading this, peace!

Attachments

• DC4E31FC-3BC9-4F71-9B60-65D70D0FEE0B.jpeg
    DC4E31FC-3BC9-4F71-9B60-65D70D0FEE0B.jpeg
    466.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 6DB6B19D-E4B7-4142-BD45-4B72D29CBD78.jpeg
    6DB6B19D-E4B7-4142-BD45-4B72D29CBD78.jpeg
    639.3 KB · Views: 1
  • A9719539-B617-4754-9A22-249078EB522D.jpeg
    A9719539-B617-4754-9A22-249078EB522D.jpeg
    763.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 4DEFA370-6383-49BA-9172-050A0FC009E2.jpeg
    4DEFA370-6383-49BA-9172-050A0FC009E2.jpeg
    693 KB · Views: 1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing