What's Spinning Tonight?

Disco Stu Likes Disco Music
Stu Weinberg (& quite experienced roster)

Who's Calling
Harvey Mandel (& few of roster from album above)

Jay Z & Kanye West – Watch The Throne - if one can get past the egos, a very good album and lovely etched gold multi flip cover . the picture disc, while noisier than normal vinyl sounds pretty good considering - starts at around $500 these days for good copies.

CFChkuM.jpg

IN4jaAx.jpg

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio
So I buy this remastering of a series of Springsteen albums mainly because I liked some of his more popular albums (Born in the USA, Darkness on the Edge of Town)...and I think OK...after going after Japanese remasters, etc because the regular CDs are just plain 'tinny'...I may as well try these with Bob Ludwig taking charge (once again) but also using the same system (Plangent Mastering) the Grateful Dead use (and THOSE albums are almost universally AWESOME sound).

And guess what? The albums I have NEVER heard (Nebraska, Ashbury Park, River) are PHENOMENAL! I actually prefer them (by far?) to the traditional chart-topping big albums. WOW - what a GREAT discovery!

Now I am happy I bought these remasters for the OTHER albums I had little intention of focusing on. I thought it would be only for the chart-toppers, but its now the other way around.

Oh, and btw, the Nebraska sound is EXCELLENT as are a number of tracks on The River...deep bass, fulsome piano and sax. Impressive! Ashbury Park is also quite good. I have not even listened to the traditional Darkness, Born in the USA yet. Highly Recommended.

1671398482897.png of

Last edited:
Reactions: jwhite613 and dan31
Happy to report...Born To Run sounds like a PROPER album! Wow...at last, Springsteen sounding organic, natural, full and powerfully deep and rich.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing