What's Spinning Tonight?

On the SL-1200G this gray rainy sunday afternoon - a real light in the audioroom☝:

Amanda Brown - Eight Guitars, from 2022 on black vinyl at 33rpm. Wonderful performance! Thank you Amanda for this amazing album! And thank you Shane @XV-1 for introducing it to me ;) .

/ Jk

IMG_1681.jpegIMG_1682.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: XV-1
Always these vinyl records that are no longer in stock... and so expensive on the secondary market.
And yes, it should be vinyl records and nothing else ;)

As said, good tip :)
Oh, with modern music I wouldn't worry about it, today usually the same master CD & vinyl. I can live with CDs these days, my digital chain is soo close to analog. But I still prefer vinyl for special recordings.
Limited version

• Love
Reactions: P-pan and Johan K
Muddy Waters
Folk Singer
-Chess- (Anologue Productions, 45rpm)

33990498348_917fb1d658_o.jpg

Haven't spun this one for quite some time.

Stellar sounding record.

Muddy Waters
Folk Singer
-Chess- (Anologue Productions, 45rpm)

33990498348_917fb1d658_o.jpg

Haven't spun this one for quite some time.

Stellar sounding record.
That's a great album to test the dynamics of your system. There are moments when Muddy Waters goes from a quiet pianissimo to a really loud fortissimo. I've heard many cartridges have tracking issues, and loudspeakers running out of steam. A single solitary human voice is capable of absolutely stunning dynamics, one reason so many opera recordings distort when the soprano or tenor reaches for that high note. I think a microphone that can handle the full range of a human voice might not yet have been invented!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu