What's Spinning Tonight?

Santana - Borboletta

Great thread this...

Tonight I'm spinning Grant Green - Carryin' On. This 1969 album was Green's return to Blue Note after a stint with other labels and marks a major change in his style turning to funky-jazzy R&B tunes. Great album!

Check out the solos on "Hurt so bad".

IMG_8787__Grant Green_Carryin On_1000px_web.jpg

Reactions: bazelio
I am going to join the Talk Talk celebration, however the party is well and truly over
a fan from the beginning - used to remember dancing to Talk Talk in the disco's( such a good song). It's My Life album I must have played 100 times when it was released - just brilliant. very sad - RIP Mark Hollis

Tonight it's an overdose of French pop: Christine and the Queens - Charleur Humaine. This is Héloïse Letissier's first album from 2014, allegedly a huge success in France which more or less made her a star overnight.

Intelligent pop music, good sound quality, albeit a tad bass heavy, beautiful melodies. She also published an English version of this album but personally I much prefer the original version with the French lyrics.

Check out "Saint Claude" and "Paradis Perdu".

IMG_8788__Christine-and-the-Queens_800px_web.jpg

I am going to join the Talk Talk celebration, however the party is well and truly over
a fan from the beginning - used to remember dancing to Talk Talk in the disco's( such a good song). It's My Life album I must have played 100 times when it was released - just brilliant. very sad - RIP Mark Hollis

You make "It's my life" keeps ringing in my head this morning Shane.

Tang

Reactions: XV-1
Julia Jacklin ?– Crushing. new album from Sydney girl . what a wonderful album and sound quality thankfully is excellent
do yourself a favor.

You make "It's my life" keeps ringing in my head this morning Shane.

Tang

Hi Tang. good :) that is what music is all about.

Such a Shame and Renee are two of the most depressing and beautiful songs that when track 4 - It's My Life comes on, its like an elixir of life.
Of course Mark is better known for his later albums, but this has a soft spot for me.

Prodigy ?– The Fat Of The Land. what an album!! one of the best modern recordings you will hear.

RIP Keith, you are missed.

Reactions: jackelsson
This album is highly recommended for easy listening jazz. Entertaining music and Excellent recording from Philips label.

05EA2616-32ED-4230-87BC-4B43F4ABE436.jpeg
3CA9B75D-179C-42FB-A56E-0145E6E627DD.jpeg

The LondonJazzCollector made me pull out a record tonight that I haven't been spinning in quite a while: Gil Evans - The Individualism of Gil Evans.
Such a great album. I especially like the exciting track "Las Vegas Tango". Incidentally there is a quite interesting cover version of this song on Gary Burtons 1970's album "Good Vibes".

IMG_8799__Gil-Evans_800px_web.jpg

Reactions: Skylab
Talvin Singh ?– Ha. felt like a bit of Pommy Bollywood drum n bass with a cool drink pinched from my daughter.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing