Wilson Audio Alexia 2 vs Sonus Faber Lilium

Semaj

Oct 19, 2018
Hello folks,
I'm interested in any experience and thoughts regarding how Wilson Audio Alexia 2 compares to Sonus Faber Lilium. I currently own Sasha series one and it's time for an upgrade. My amplification is a pair of Pass Labs XA 180.8s and I listen mostly to streaming through my digital set up of MSB Premier DAC, Powerbase and Digital Director. Cables are Audioquest all around (with silver conductors). I listen to mostly jazz and rock. Feedback regarding sound stage, tone, and "presence" and musicality would be most helpful. Thx.

I am familiar with both models above, albeit, with totally different systems. However, before I respond with my (subjective) favourite, what is it about the Sasha that no longer satisfies you?

I am familiar with both models above, albeit, with totally different systems. However, before I respond with my (subjective) favourite, what is it about the Sasha that no longer satisfies you?
Well, a) it's time for an upgrade - I've had the Sashas for a long time, b) I've been working towards creating a bigger soundstage and have hit the limit short of obtaining bigger speakers, and 3) if possible I would prefer a speaker that is more "musical" i.e. is more listenable on less than sterling recordings.

b) I've been working towards creating a bigger soundstage and have hit the limit short of obtaining bigger speakers,
The bigger soundstage depends as much on the speakers themselves, as it does on their positoning, the room, and the resolution of the system.
That said, the Wilsons will probably throw the bigger perceived soundstage.

and 3) if possible I would prefer a speaker that is more "musical" i.e. is more listenable on less than sterling recordings.
That would no doubt be the SF.
Keep in mind that this is an excellent speaker -- both are.

Sorry to confuse the issue.
Do you have another medium (CD, files, vinyl...) with which to test your current set-up and perhaps measure the inroom frequency response? It might help identify which points are essential for your choice of next speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu