Windows 10 ?

Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Bob
Glad to hear it went quite well and the webcam glitch was sorted on a restart. I hope it all goes well and will be interested to hear of further progress.
Not sure whether the next update will be rolled out globally at the same time or whether they will start in the US and add other countries later.
Your weather sounds welcome. Similar temperature here but cloudy with sunny intervals. Storm on its way but looks like it will be further North and miss us.

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Barry, it just occurred to me; it seems that we are the only two members @ WBF up-to-date?

* The temperature reached a maximum of 15° Celsius earlier; now it's 11° and without a single cloud on the horizon. I think tomorrow is aligning to be magnificent.

Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
You may be right Bob.
Obviously there will be those using other OSs but WBF Windows 10 users appear to be quiet or deterred from updating as a result of the earlier problems. Installing the latest update is a 3 hour plus job but IME well worth it.
What lovely weather you are having and may it continue. When it is warm and bright it really does cheer you up and encourage you to do things.

Feb 8, 2011
I highly doubt that I'm right; it simply because some members forgot to read this thread. :)

* It has been a very busy and active week, on all fronts...across the entire globe.
Many birthdays right now...yesterday and tomorrow. The world is changing, slowly but surely.
I can feel it. ...Very true; with great weather comes great things.
With great power comes great responsibility.

Feb 8, 2011
Few days now with 1809 and it is a bit quicker overall for most activities.
I like the dark skin.

My email is slower, and yesterday I encountered Disk @ 100% ... I couldn't navigate anymore.
No big deal as I'm used to it and I simply turn the PC off.
I don't let Windows 10 put me down, never anymore...it's just a robot gadget that means nothing in real life.

Life's just too short to let a computer run your life. :)

All is good, the sky is cloudy grey and it's a bit cold today @ just couple degrees Celsius above zero.
So many things to do not enough time ... I just take it as it comes.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing