Windows 10 ?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Windows 10 Quality approach for a complex ecosystem

"Today we are re-releasing the October 2018 Update after pausing to investigate a small but serious issue. This is the first time in Windows 10’s “Windows as a Service” history that we have taken such an action, and as such it has naturally led to questions about the work we do to test and validate Windows quality before we begin rolling it out broadly."

Today, November 13, 2018

Microsoft finally released a public statement after weeks of complaints from serious Windows 10 users. As you can see in the graph above the Customer Incident Rate is not a rosy picture. It is on a steady decline for more than three years.

I've read the entire statement from Microsoft. They are doing their best to satisfy their customers worldwide, they are working hard, and they take customers issues seriously.

Me I think they need to regroup, refocus, and put their priorities where it counts the most...customer's satisfaction...first and foremost. The money will follow automatically.
If they try the reverse recipe their focus is not @ the right place; they will fail.

So my advice to Microsoft is this: Fire all your top CEOs who are not doing their jobs and hire new people who will. It cannot be more crystal clear than that.
No hocus pocus magic trick here, simple scientific facts.
Reverse your losing trend, now.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Windows 10, the problems keep piling up in October and November.
Now it's with iCloud

Apple's iCloud for Windows users can't get the latest Windows 10 update because of nasty bug
_____

There is something else that annoys me a little big Microsoft related versus Apple:
Communication between family and friends.

Microsoft doesn't allow their customers (me and other members of my family and our circle of super good friends) to have FaceTime in all our Microsoft devices/products.

But Apple accommodates everyone, with both FaceTime and Skype.
I cannot have contact with by beloved Mom because she doesn't know how to get Skype on her tablet, and her two other sons and daughters cannot help her either.

See, my Mom is super delicate and doesn't like any complications in her life.
She needs someone who knows what he's/she's doing and install Skype for her in her iPad.
Even with her Samsung Android tablet, Skype doesn't work.
She lives 3,000 miles from me, so it won't be before Christmas.

I only mentioned it because for older people Microsoft is limited in the communication department. ...In the overall picture of all things, not to mention applications and the multitude of other issues. It's like they want the monopoly by annoying their customers, which works exactly in the opposite direction of that goal.

Don't get me wrong, they have their attributes and so is Apple.
And both have their issues. I just mentioned one issue of Microsoft that in my sincere opinion is negative to their customers and worldwide family.

Maybe in the future the people working @ Microsoft will see the light.
And test before they release new Windows 10 updates; are they broke and cannot pay their employees? Are their CEOs short of food to feed their families?
Are they working from prisons with small jail cells?
Do they need to borrow some money from the people living on the streets?

Alright, I hope 2019 will be a better one.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
My thoughts? How something considered obvious wasn't detected, that's my thought.
For Windows insiders and Microsoft people to understand the dynamics behind real clients is to eradicate their knowledge and become the clients. Hire normal customers to get real life normal feedbacks.

Good read on the reason why.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
First, I like the nice touch...the Christmas snow flakes on WBF's top pages. :cool:
Kuddos to the person responsible.

Windows 10 Fall Update we all have read the news; it is a daily affair like many other affairs.
Microsoft said that it's the last version, which will be constantly updated...the big ones every six months.

This guy has a concept, Windows 11

Personally I like my privacy first. But when you subscribe to the WWW (World Wide Web), and all the competition out there for your dollars, they sure know what you visit. Because the adds are everywhere we go and they reflect our surfing habits...expensive cars, mansions, yachts, motorcycles, Italian design clothing and shoes, quadruple-action razor blades, latest jazz albums, Disney Marvel films, OLED TVs, Windows 10 latest news, laptops, iPads, Samsung Androids, etc.

One feature I use everywhere whenever it is offered or available is, a Dark Theme.
Why? Because it is so much more pleasant and relaxing for my eyes and overall design.
In that video above you have an example, and I use the Dark Theme with Windows 10...all the menus, features, start, etc.

Some websites and forums of the Internet offer that feature; it is @ the very bottom left of every pages. On WBF it's the little logo [UI.X], you click on it...Style chooser. On Windows 10 it's in the menu settings.

* Just a thought; it would be cool sometimes to have that option here @ WBF. ...Real cool.
...A Dark Style.

As for Windows 11, I just don't know...it is very hard to predict the future in the year 2018-19 with everything changing so fast in the world. ...In the Americas, in Canada, in China, in Japan, in France, in the UK, in Germany, in Argentina, in Africa, in Saudi Arabia, in Russia, in India, in Indonesia, in Australia, etc.
Us the humans inhabitating our globe, with the wildlife, the forests, the jungles, the deserts, the oceans, the mountains, the air/atmosphere, our lakes, rivers, water reservoirs, industries, factories, economies, ...all together we follow the flow of technologies and we adapt to them as they constantly develop on a daily basis. ...Even the news change almost every day like the temperature from various locations...winds, rain, sun, snow, hot, cold, ...

We adapt to our Operating Systems from Microsoft, Apple, Linux, ...as we adapt to climate changes. We are the ones living under the sun, the moon, the stars, the rain, the snowflakes, the winds, the hurricanes, the fires, ...the all elements of nature including human nature.
We are the ones who program and implement our Operating Systems and most advanced technologies to make it easier and faster to communicate, learn, and without lifting a finger, but more and more over voice commands. Next would be thought commands.

Windows 11, I just don't know. But if our volume control from our stereo can go to eleven, everything is possible...the sky has no limits, the space above is wide open, beyond the atmospheric ozone layer and into the infinity of the universe.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Oh, here's something new. ...Not, it was first reported couple days ago, but we don't need to be rocket scientists to understand how Microsoft/Windows10 collect our private data even when we don't want to and select NO in the Privacy Settings.

The game Microsoft is playing: Violation of customer's privacy, pure and simple.
But it's ok because everyone else is doing it too; Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, YouTube, Samsung, Sony, telecommunication networks, China, Russia, Canada, USA, ...the entire World Wide Web (WWW) ... the Internet of shopping, surfing, learning, selling, buying, communicating, messaging, emailing, ...you name it, everything electronic communication from computers and phones.

If we want real privacy we just have to cut the wireless cord, the cable TV, the apps, the cell phones, ... and live in the jungle without electricity and without oil furnaces.
Brief, even the most remote tribes under protection are becoming more vulnerable because some wise people want to convert them like the rest of the world. ...Like that young guy not long ago who was lead by fishermen to a remote island of the Indian Ocean in the goal to convert a tribe to voodoo cult and was greeted with arrows piercing his body and buried under the sand on their beach.

No, Microsoft is no better than the rest. Their Fall Update since October 10 has been a series of complications and annoyances and disturbances for many of its customers, including their insiders. Be careful of what you want to know on the latest updates in your Windows 10 settings, because when you click on it you automatically give more access to Microsoft and your privacy to them without even knowing about it.

I'm in a period of transition; Microsoft is like 3D, dead, and I'm switching to 8K, Apple.
It's a beautiful blue planet we all live in; we don't have time and cannot afford to mess it all up.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I thought I was in the minority; it just happens that it's the exact opposite...I'm in the vast majority...83.6%

? Windows 10 - Where Are You With Updates?

And I have zero clue what's next because I bought an Apple.
So, whatever you do next Microsoft good lock.

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Last night I installed the latest Windows 10 1809 update.
A big one. Took me about 3.5 hours even with an Ethernet connection and 40mbs. After it is all downloaded and installed the restart takes another 30 mins to finalise the installation.
All working fine and seems quicker.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hi Barry,

I did not update Windows 10 since April 2018; their last Fall Update was getting bad raps constantly from many people having many issues, and for a long time...even from not long ago.

For the last week or two every single day they said they are ready for a big one.
They took roughly 15GB of my hard drive to prepare for it.
They insist for me to do the update.

So it is nice to read your post just above. I will let time goes by more as I want to be certain that things are without severe issues. I know it's not easy to assess because we all have different hardware and software and security measures (protection more or less).

Please keep us informed on how smooth things are going since your update last night.
I consider your experience on your updates as a good calibrated gauge.

Cheers and be well in health and in everyday's state of happiness.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thank you Bob.
All going very well so far and quicker than it was prior to the update.
Thank you for your good wishes. Keeping well. A lovely sunny and mild week with temperatures around 13/15 C so have been busy weeding, pruning and mulching the front garden. Some of the daffodils in flower and more in bud. Makes you glad to be alive.
Trust you have said goodbye to the snow and that it is warming up on the island..
ATB
Barry

Reactions: NorthStar

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The snow has pretty much all disapeared, we too have some sun in the last few days, today included. The daffodils and purple flowers are here, they were under the snow.
That snow was quite unusual, but it never last on the Island. It was féerique (enchanting) the scenery for a magic change. If Windows 10 latest update can look similar it's all good.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
A quick update to my recent post on installing the latest Windows 10 update.
It is working perfectly and is definitely faster than the previous version.
They really seem to have ironed out all the previous bugs.

Reactions: NorthStar

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Bob
Yes lovely weather here too and a new February record of 21C at Kew Gardens today.Hotter than in Barcelona.
Another warm day forecast for Wednesday and then starting to cool down towards the end of the week.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
From the 71.6% group I'm joining the slowly but surely advancing 21.2% group...the elite.

? https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/windows-10-1809-finally-hit-20-adoption-rate/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://wccftech.com/windows-10-1809-finally-hit-20-adoption-rate/

* We don't have as much high temperatures as you do Barry. We were surrounded by approximately 6° Celsius. March is upon us and with it comes Spring (21st)...my favorite season of five. You might be wondering what's the fifth one; planet's change...it touches the four seasons. ...Humor.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Latest news:

After I decided to wait a little longer for the Fall Update (1809), last evening the message I got on my screen offered me only two options now instead of the usual three that I did get for the last two-three weeks. I knew what it meant...it was time. The Update is now installed but my camera is gone (I knew this would happen, it happened each time of a major update).

Imaging Devices is also gone of course, so I have no way to check the webcam camera from the Device Manager. I'm working on it but that was one of the reasons I waited that long, among others. Eventually we have to update our system...security and all, it's part of the game...with both Microsoft and Apple. It's just that since that last Windows 10 Fall Update version 1809, Microsoft experienced more issues than usual. The proof? I just got it yesterday...five months later!
And the new one is coming up next month (1904).

I checked few other things and I saw some of the few changes.
It is too early to assess; there are few important things to verify and make them working again...webcam, audio, ...

Edit: I got my webcam back, good. A quick restart was necessary.

We live in a world of beauty and tumults both @ the same time. We just have to bend towards the former and mark an X on the later. Lol, good thing someone invented music ... :)

* It's another gorgeous day here on the island; blue skies, just few white cumulus nimbus clouds to add texture and depth, and a bright golden sun. It's 12° Celsius, agreeable for me to wear very light clothing. I'm the type who prefer cooler temperatures than warmer temperatures; it's normal as I worked most of my life outside.

Windows 10 (1809) ya baby! And it's a beautiful screenshot today on my screen, with mountains, snowpeaks, blue skies, ...a beautiful blue planet we live on, making music listening (classical) a pure delight.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing