World Cup predictions anyone?

Great game last night between Eng and Ita! Brazil and Arg should be worried. False start for Spain and Uruguay unfortunatly.

Agreed! A most entertaining contest. At 35 Pirlo still has the magic. Balotelli? Great goal for the eventual win, but he can't stop here if Italy is to go on.

Despite the loss, I think England possesses a bright future with the youngsters. Sterling, Sturridge, Wilshere and Barkley are the future and it looks good!

Agreed! A most entertaining contest. At 35 Pirlo still has the magic. Balotelli? Great goal for the eventual win, but he can't stop here if Italy is to go on.

Despite the loss, I think England possesses a bright future with the youngsters. Sterling, Sturridge, Wilshere and Barkley are the future and it looks good!

Methinks that Rooney was the cause of England loss.. They need a different kind of attitude , one that defers to the talent of the youngsters: Sterling, Sturridget , et al.. He was waaay of target for the most part.

Methinks that Rooney was the cause of England loss.. They need a different kind of attitude , one that defers to the talent of the youngsters: Sterling, Sturridget , et al.. He was waaay of target for the most part.

One certainly would think that a player of Rooney's caliber should connect, but he showed some class with that feed from Sterling and a perfect cross to Sturridge for the goal.

It'll be interesting to see what Messi does today as his impact on the WC stage has not exactly been stellar either.

Really? I think the young guys were just as responsible for the way off target kicks... And Rooney was responsible for the crossing that ended up in England's only goal.

alexandre

Italy was way better than Conf. Cup, and Spain way worse. Two spanish players (Fabregas and Alonso) are calling for the end of the usual playing style, with lots of passes and possession, and a more aggressive game. Of course, these two are not Barcelona players :)

Uruguay was the biggest letdown, IMO.

alexandre

England:D The good thing about watching U.S. coverage of the England game is that they don't know that England won the competition in '66, which is something the commentators in the U.K. never tire of telling you. Italy look terrible, though.

Argentinian bastards got lucky! Messi saved them, along with Bosnia's #5, who scored an own goal. Bosnia utterly dominated the play, but still they lost 2-1... A shame...

alexandre

Uruguay is a HUGE disappointment for me. NOTHING without Suarez.

England lost the game when they switched Sterling to right wing. They needed to keep him central running straight at the slow Italian Centrebacks. Italian midfield was silky smooth though.

Hop Suisse! LoL

Argentinian bastards got lucky! Messi saved them, along with Bosnia's #5, who scored an own goal. Bosnia utterly dominated the play, but still they lost 2-1... A shame...

alexandre

So far all three South American powerhouses have been huge disappointments. Relying on some individual actions to create something (and they created next to nothing), not team play. England, Italy and holland all looked strong as teams.

Felt sorry for England. Played with lots of passion and deserved a draw.

Great result for the U.S. What a winning goal!

As a dispassionate objective observer I would have little to cheer about as a USA fan. They were outplayed by a mediocre side, were hanging on by a hair, created nothing the entire match, and magically pulled out a win with two nice goals. At the current level of play they should probably start packing for the return flight, although a lot is possible in soccer.

1-0 Algeria at the Half. Fair result as they seem to want it more.

Watching the USA yesterday reminded me why I usually never watch soccer. Soccer is slightly more interesting than watching bowling on TV because at least you have people running around in a frenzy of activity. However, I still find it boring in that amidst all of that running around on the field, there is precious little to show for all of the expended energy in terms of goals scored. I'm glad we won though and I think our coach should keep his mouth shut.

At least there are no breaks every few seconds... :D

And you didn't pick such a bad game to watch. Sure, you could've tried Germany 4 x 0 Portugal, or Holland 5 x 1 Spain ... But the US game wasn't half bad...

Football (the real one) is by far the most engaging game, when played well. A lousy game can be, indeed, boring, like yesterday's Iran 0 x 0 Nigeria.

alexandre

Brazil x Mexico is less than an hour!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing