YG Acoustics

Sharok

Aug 11, 2019
Another YG owner here…my Hailey powered with MSB M 204 and MSB Reference is a combination that leaves me not wanting. Having said that, I am completely blown away by the sound im getting with a full CH Precision chain. These fantastic speakers are a precise laboratory grade instrument that are a conduit for the electronics before them. Amazing engineering and realism in sound
doesnot matter if it’s boulder, dagostino, pass,dartzeel, vitus, spectral, MSB, SOULUTION, CH, etc. your choice and it’s gonna be magical
How do you turn on/off your CH precision amplifiers?
Do they have an auto sense feature (I don't see a trigger input on the back of 1.1)
If you always leave them on, what is the idle power consumption of 1.1?

Thanks

Dasmania

Feb 14, 2021
How do you turn on/off your CH precision amplifiers?
Do they have an auto sense feature (I don't see a trigger input on the back of 1.1)
If you always leave them on, what is the idle power consumption of 1.1?

Thanks
CH gear can be turned on manually via front switch, or more elegantly using the CH App. on your android device. All Ch gear can be hardwired via CAT 5 to a router and allows complete control. For the amp it can alter stereo/mono/bridge, display, temperature, variable globalfeedback.
It's the most technologically advanced solid state amp out there. the optimal operating temp is 50 degrees F. that's when the magic happens. i don't leave my gear on except when I have a few days off and I'm listening in marathon sessions.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
CH gear can be turned on manually via front switch, or more elegantly using the CH App. on your android device. All Ch gear can be hardwired via CAT 5 to a router and allows complete control. For the amp it can alter stereo/mono/bridge, display, temperature, variable globalfeedback.
It's the most technologically advanced solid state amp out there. the optimal operating temp is 50 degrees F. that's when the magic happens. i don't leave my gear on except when I have a few days off and I'm listening in marathon sessions.
Please excuse the heretic question:
Is it sonically detrimental to hook up the gear with Ethernet?
Doesn't that bring in noise?

Dasmania

Feb 14, 2021
I guess in theory...
I can't hear any difference with or without. I think those Swiss engineers are pretty smart and have made sure it doesn't affect performance.

Reactions: christoph

Sharok

Aug 11, 2019
Many thanks for your reply.
My problem is that I have to use my system for music and movies. I need an amp that I can either leave it on all the time or it has an auto sensor to turn it on/off (Amp with 12V trigger is my last option)
I'm thinking of CH Precision or FM acoustics (I think both of them have adjustable gain control which I need). FM Acoustics amp (115) uses about 50W in idle and I don't know about CH M1.1.
Do you know M1.1 power consumption in idle mode?

beach2mountain

Jul 5, 2021
I'm hoping I can pick the brain of this community for help as I'm looking for a streamer/dac combo to complement my system. My system consists of the following...

YG Acoustics Hailey 2s
D'Agostino Momentum HD Pre
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MXV stereo amp
Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables
REL #25 sub
Shunyata Denali 6000 power conditioner
Some nice after market interconnects and power cords

I'm in the middle of a remodel and have added a dedicated power line using Audience Hidden Treasure AC cable and
Furutech GTX-D outlets. Ideally, I'd like to add a very musical and organic sounding digital front end to provide some warmth to the sound and avoid any harshness or overly analytical elements. My top choice at this point is a Brinkmann Nyquist streaming DAC, but am also interested in products from Nagra, MSB, etc.. My budget is roughly $30K all in for streamer and DAC.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great system! I would have thought from your description, on the DAC-side: Lampizator, TotalDAC seem consistently to garner the comments you are looking for. I am a huge fan of Zanden myself after all these years and listening to some pretty serious SOTA...but I would understand if you wanted to go with something that has multiple resolutions available.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I'm hoping I can pick the brain of this community for help as I'm looking for a streamer/dac combo to complement my system. My system consists of the following...

YG Acoustics Hailey 2s
REL #25 sub

I'm in the middle of a remodel and have added a dedicated power line using audiophile AC cable and outlets. Ideally, I'd like to add a very analog sounding digital front end to provide some warmth to the sound and no harshness or overly analytical elements. My top choice at this point is a Brinkmann Nyquist streaming DAC, but am also interested in products from Nagra or MSB. My budget is roughly $30K all in.

For dac : MSB, Lampizator & Totaldac.
Three diff favours but all are very musical in their own ways.

If you don't want their internal streamers, the Innuos Statement Nextgen is a good choice.
I also have high expectation on their yet-to-launch Pulsar top sole streamer.

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
I have the YG Sonja XVi. You could get the Playback Designs MPD-8, ($24K) which is my favorite. I use a Baetis streamer. I also have the optional built in Playback Designs streamer that is very good. I had the Baetis before I got the MPD-8 so continue to use it.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I vote for Lampizator Horizon to bring some warmth, harmonic richness and organic-ness to your system.

And as long as I’m spending your money, I would add a second REL No. 25.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
For subwoofers, 1+1 is > 3?
:cool:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
For subwoofers, 1+1 is > 3?
:cool:
Ughhh...you just had to go and say that! Now what am I going to do? ;) 2 x Funk 18.2s! In all fairness, stereo subs have been such an established part of great system building, I have to acknowledge it...its the space-take I am trying to avoid.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Ughhh...you just had to go and say that! Now what am I going to do? ;) 2 x Funk 18.2s! In all fairness, stereo subs have been such an established part of great system building, I have to acknowledge it...its the space-take I am trying to avoid.
Agree...Stero subs. There is no substitute. 2 lesser subs >> 1 gigantic sub. If you are wanting subs without the space comittment then PureLow is the way to go. Will have to see but I am considering a pair of them in my new system.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I vote for Lampizator Horizon to bring some warmth, harmonic richness and organic-ness to your system.

And as long as I’m spending your money, I would add a second REL No. 25.
Horizon wouldn't be in budget, but the Pacifics we are all p/xing would be, and would be my top choice!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Horizon wouldn't be in budget, but the Pacifics we are all p/xing would be, and would be my top choice!

Any Lampizator will do! They all seem to make digital sound good!

beach2mountain

Jul 5, 2021
Thank you all...I'm doing a deep dive on Lampizator! It appears to be right up my alley from both a SQ and aesthetic perspective.

On the sub front, I don't have enough space or equity with my wife to add another #25, but might be able to go with two #31s. Based on what I'm hearing it sounds like that might be the best route.

Last edited:
Reactions: CKKeung

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: Mark212121

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

YG Acoustics Hailey 2s
REL #25 sub

I'm in the middle of a remodel and have added a dedicated power line using Audience Hidden Treasure AC cable and
Furutech GTX-D outlets. Ideally, I'd like to add a very musical and organic sounding digital front end to provide some warmth to the sound and avoid any harshness or overly analytical elements. My top choice at this point is a Brinkmann Nyquist streaming DAC, but am also interested in products from Nagra, MSB, etc.. My budget is roughly $30K all in for streamer and DAC.

Considering the quality and total price of your system I think that your digital budget is too low for a "serious" source. I appreciate digital, but accept that digital must be properly tuned and matched to a system to sound great. The best sounds I have ever listened in D'Agostino Momemtum systems were using the dCS Vivaldi stack - it sounded musical, detailed, transparent, powerful and coloration free, but not having added warmth or euphonic sound.
And again, in such a system the streamer is of utmost importance - most streamers sound bland and lifeless.

IMO you should ask for the advice of people having real experience with the D'Agostino Momemtum's - they are fabulous sounding, but critical to match, and with your system you should have top sound and enjoyment, not just a pleasing sound.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

YG Acoustics Hailey 2s
REL #25 sub

MSB/Dag/YG is a very common, wonderful sounding combo. They often demo with each other at shows.

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
Do you bi-amp the XVs?
The XVi are now bi-wired with WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 8 cables. The Boulder 3060 is the only amp. I have friends who think I should bi-amp with tubes on the tweeter/mid, and the 3060 on the bass, using an active cross-over. My response: Seriously? No.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing