A new star in 2019 : Innuos Statement Server

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi Nonsup,
I’m guessing you’re using the wrong USB connector. There are 3 USB connectors on a Statement; 2 standard USBs mounted on the mother board and the hi-zoot 3ppb clocked and power-supplied USB DAC connector on the opposite side of the player (LHS viewed from the back). There is no problem in mounting whatever cables you want.

This is a note to anyone using a Statement....the standard mother board USBs are for downloading and back-up to USB devices and NOT for connection to your DAC. The DAC connection is ca 15-20cm away from Router RJ45 sockets on the opposite side of the player.

The correct way of connection should be like the followung photo I posted on #1 :

20190107_185443_2 (1).jpg

The tweaked/clocked usb output for connection to usb dac is the one near the DC Input 1 socket, quite far away from the other usb socket and the ethernet socket.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Seems a massive wasted opportunity

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi nonesup.
From which source did you listen Wadax Arcadia DAC?
Regards.
We did it with my Melco, the other two servers had returned to their boxes.
Regards

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Oh my God!. I will send the photo to Pedro, he was the one who made the connections, in the back of my Rack (it is not easy) and he told me that the two Göbel cables (USB and RJ45) did not fit together. It really was a great missed opportunity. Anyway, for those who use the two ethernet ports with Göbel cables, they could have problems.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Oh my God!. I will send the photo to Pedro, he was the one who made the connections, in the back of my Rack (it is not easy) and he told me that the two Göbel cables (USB and RJ45) did not fit together. It really was a great missed opportunity. Anyway, for those who use the two ethernet ports with Göbel cables, they could have problems.
:rolleyes:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hi Nonsup,
I’m guessing you were using the wrong USB connector. There are 3 USB connectors on a Statement; 2 standard USBs mounted on the mother board and the hi-zoot 3ppb clocked and power-supplied USB DAC connector on the opposite side of the player (LHS viewed from the back). There is no problem in mounting whatever cables you want.

This is a note to anyone using a Statement....the standard mother board USBs are for downloading and back-up to USB devices and NOT for connection to your DAC. The DAC connection is ca 15-20cm away from Router RJ45 sockets on the opposite side of the player.
a1.jpg

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I do not see the storage units, do you know where they are?

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
The other thing to bear in mind is that you haven’t yet actually heard what the Statement can do sound-quality-wise, given that the standard USB does not have the 3ppb clocking and dedicated LPS

To your other point, there would be no problem with 2 Göbel ethernet cables, as the RJ45 plugs are standard width whereas Goebel’s USB plugs are ca twice as wide as usual. You would have no problem connecting 2 RJ45 and a USB cable simultaneously, using the appropriate sockets.

Reactions: VPN

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
It is good news. At some other time I will try to hear it. At the moment it can not be because this afternoon has been returned to Ajasom in Lisbon.

MasonStorm

Apr 4, 2017
Greetings all...fellow STATEMENT owner here. I bought the 1TB model, thinking it would be years before I fill it up, and that I could open the case and swap out the SSD myself when that time comes. Having only had it for a little more than a week, I’m not brave enough to open the case yet myself. I share nonesup’s question when looking at that photo: where is the SSD? Is it tucked underneath the CD drive?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Greetings all...fellow STATEMENT owner here. I bought the 1TB model, thinking it would be years before I fill it up, and that I could open the case and swap out the SSD myself when that time comes. Having only had it for a little more than a week, I’m not brave enough to open the case yet myself. I share nonesup’s question when looking at that photo: where is the SSD? Is it tucked underneath the CD drive?
There are only 4 stainless steel screws on the top-plate.
;)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I would check with your dealer, in order not to void the warranty.

asindc

Sep 27, 2012
Oh I have nagged them plenty about a few other (software-related) matters, so this one will only add to the list. My main pet peeve is that they won't support AIFF, only WAV....

When you say Innuos will not support AIFF, is that true even when using an Innuos Zenith as a Roon Core and playing files directly from its SSD?

Popspin

Apr 28, 2015
That’s correct. I had all my files on a NAS in AIFF. The Statement will play those. When I moved my files from the NAS to the Statement they became WAV files.
I wanted to mention that my Statement now has somewhere between 400-500 hours. It must be enough to burn in the Mundorf caps. The sound when turned up loud has become so smooth and lush I can’t get enough. What a pleasure!
I’ve been away on vacation almost 3 weeks. Can’t wait to get back to hear it again
If you demand AIFF look elsewhere. Otherwise let the Statement do it’s thing and enjoy.

asindc

Sep 27, 2012
That’s correct. I had all my files on a NAS in AIFF. The Statement will play those. When I moved my files from the NAS to the Statement they became WAV files.
I wanted to mention that my Statement now has somewhere between 400-500 hours. It must be enough to burn in the Mundorf caps. The sound when turned up loud has become so smooth and lush I can’t get enough. What a pleasure!
I’ve been away on vacation almost 3 weeks. Can’t wait to get back to hear it again
If you demand AIFF look elsewhere. Otherwise let the Statement do it’s thing and enjoy.

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that when you moved your AIFF files from your NAS to the Statement, the Statement automatically converted them to WAV as they were being downloaded? I’m considering the Zenith mk.3 and I assume that AIFF and WAV are handled in the same fashion on the mk.3.

Popspin

Apr 28, 2015
Yes, the conversion happened automatically. While I’m not sure about the Mk3 I would guess it’s the same process.

Reactions: asindc

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
asindc,

If you don't want your files converted to WAV (I wouldn't), you can just copy them over the network. I"ll have to double-check with the Innuos guys, but I don't recall their Import function actually doing any kind of conversion. But since Popspin's files were changed, I guess they do...
Either way, it's trivial to copy these files from NAS to Innuos over the network, and that's what I suggest most people do actually. If Innuos' internal Import function really does convert, then it must be avoided, and a simple network copy function used instead.
So, to recap and make sure the right information is available: All Innuos products, including the Statement, supports the playback of AIFF files, either from NAS or from internal storage.
What they don't do is RIP CDs to AIFF. That was my feature request to them, mentioned above. Seems they're not keen on the idea, which is a shame, but they DO support metadata in the WAV files, which is a plus, and my primary reason for not liking WAVs much.
Hope this helps :)

Reactions: asindc

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
When you say Innuos will not support AIFF, is that true even when using an Innuos Zenith as a Roon Core and playing files directly from its SSD?

Read my post above. They do support AIFF :D

Popspin

Apr 28, 2015
Hi ausify:
Is my understanding incorrect? If the Staltement copies my AIFF in tact that would be better. Please let me (us) know.
I don’t want to provide inaccurate information.
Thanks!
popspin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing