A new star in 2019 : Innuos Statement Server

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
This can be due to the Pink Faun usb cable doesn't follow the usb cable impedance standard of 90ohm.

I entered similar cases before. Many of the audiophile usb cables have their own tunings and don't follow the standard.
It worked well for 10 days since I installed the Statement, mmm…

And It was working well without issues last 4 months with the previous installed ZENith and PhoenixUSB.

why all at once did it stop working? And why does it still work with the DAC and not with the Matrix?

these are my doubts.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
A new review :

Reactions: luca.pelliccioli

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
A new review :

Thanks! Just read it...good review. I note your earlier comments (thank you for the guidance) about Taiko Extreme remaining your favorite. Nevertheless, this is something to watch given that we know the importer well here, and also that over time, Innuous will continue to improve the Statement.

Reactions: CKKeung

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
I am in the queue for the power upgrade. From what I’ve been told it’s a good move. I should have some feedback in 6 weeks or so.

Reactions: b345t

Rhodium

Jul 2, 2017
Hello community,

here is a copy of what I just wrote to Sean Jacobs after, first of all, having bought his umbilical cables for the Statement, then having upgraded it to the Next GEN version :

" Good morning Sean ,

I wanted to thank you warmly for recommending the upgrade of the Innuos Statement, which was carried out a few weeks ago.
The progress is major , like a new and better device : darker background, many more atmospheres and micro-details, more embodied instrumentists , better fluidity and increased softness of the trebbles.
These improvements are magnified by your umbilicals, as you told me!! The sound stage was enlarged before the upgrade, since this one it is the walls of the room that have disappeared! And how natural the stamps are!
Congratulations on your expertise and the satisfaction I derive from it!
Best regards! "

I just listened to Carmen Gomes album "Don't you cry", one mic recordings. I am blown away by the atmosphere of the studio, the veracity of the cymbals, the "living" presence of the singer...°!°

Will moderation allow me to copy this post in the NextGen versus Non NextGen topic?

Hydrology

Sep 14, 2020
It worked well for 10 days since I installed the Statement, mmm…

And It was working well without issues last 4 months with the previous installed ZENith and PhoenixUSB.

why all at once did it stop working? And why does it still work with the DAC and not with the Matrix?

these are my doubts.
I’ve had similar issues with Morrow Audio USB cables where they work for a time on some devices, then just stop, but seem to work ok on other devices for a time…

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
Has anyone removed the footers from underneath the statement units and used aftermarket footers instead?

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Reactions: Blackmorec

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I am using alternative footers, though I didnt remove the original ones as mine are taller. It has improved my system.

On another note/rant: My buddy got his Statement upgraded to nextgen in the States. The local dealer here is charging more than 2k more than he paid. That kind of stuff bums me out. Has got me thinking different brand of server instead of upgrade….

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
I use IsoAcoustics Orea, too. Under the chassis, without removing the stock footers, Don’t expect a night and day difference. I got better results with Next Gen replacing the fuse with a SR Purple, also in my PhoenixNET. Or upgrading power cords.
The biggest improvement was the umbilical’s upgrade, from Sean Jacobs.

Reactions: Sampajanna

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
The OEM footers are tuned to the Statement’s chassis resonances.

I just asked Nuno himself, his feedback is that the server feet are screwed in from the inside are pretty sophisticated. The PSU feet on the other hand are more basic and can be removed from the outside. Looks like there might be some opportunity in the PSU feet at least.

I am using alternative footers, though I didnt remove the original ones as mine are taller. It has improved my system.

On another note/rant: My buddy got his Statement upgraded to nextgen in the States. The local dealer here is charging more than 2k more than he paid. That kind of stuff bums me out. Has got me thinking different brand of server instead of upgrade….

I wouldn't let a single dealer sour your impression of the whole brand, especially from someone like Nuno who actively engages and listens to the user community. There are other dealers who don't price gouge, maybe look into working with them.

I use IsoAcoustics Orea, too. Under the chassis, without removing the stock footers, Don’t expect a night and day difference. I got better results with Next Gen replacing the fuse with a SR Purple, also in my PhoenixNET. Or upgrading power cords.
The biggest improvement was the umbilical’s upgrade, from Sean Jacobs.

Great call on the umbilical upgrade, do you know what type of 8pin power connector the cable is using exactly?

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
Sorry I didn’t ask specs, Sean Jacobs is the designer of the Innuos power supplies so he already knows very well the unit and the type of cables required.

octaviars

Mar 2, 2020

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I just asked Nuno himself, his feedback is that the server feet are screwed in from the inside are pretty sophisticated. The PSU feet on the other hand are more basic and can be removed from the outside. Looks like there might be some opportunity in the PSU feet at least.

I wouldn't let a single dealer sour your impression of the whole brand, especially from someone like Nuno who actively engages and listens to the user community. There are other dealers who don't price gouge, maybe look into working with them.

Great call on the umbilical upgrade, do you know what type of 8pin power connector the cable is using exactly?
Unfortunately, there is only one Innuos dealer in my country :(

Popspin

Apr 28, 2015
Has anyone removed the footers from underneath the statement units and used aftermarket footers instead?
Using HRS Center Stage footers. 1 set. Just placed under the stacked units.
Footers worked well.
Footers worked even better when placed on a HRS rack and platform.
Sean Jacob’s DC power umbilical cables.
NexGen Power upgrade.

Last edited:

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Through forums and friends, I have discussed the Statement upgrade with more than a dozen users around the world. They all paid a very similar amount for it. Innuos demanded that I do this through the only dealer in my country. The local dealer quoted me more than 2k USD above what everyone I know has paid. This is very off putting to me, enough that I have decided to sell my Statement and use that money towards a competitor. Not sure where I will move to yet, but the shopping has started.

Reactions: Forte and nonesup

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
The Innuos app does sound a bit better, but every time I use it for 3 days, I go back to Roon due to a way better user experience. But they keep updating and improving it, so the promise is there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing