Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Uncle! That's amazing.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Great system.
May be you should organize a thread about the Alexandria ...

Do you think that the Wilson Christmas campaign will be "Buy the Alexandria, we offer the Gothans!" :eek:

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Greetings, Jacob,

Why did you decide upon the Messenger? Thanks!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Not only an incredible system but my "reference" - I admit publicly - reviewer as well - I feel Jacob's mastery of the English language is unparalleled in this business; see latest Verity review. So glad he's here.

Jacob E. Heilbrunn

Jul 26, 2010
Greetings, Jacob,

Why did you decide upon the Messenger? Thanks!

It just sounds so darn good--throws up an enormous soundstage, very dynamic, refulgent. I haven't heard anything that has surpassed it. But keep in mind that I have the original version, which boasts a large tubed power supply.

Jacob E. Heilbrunn

Jul 26, 2010
Not only an incredible system but my "reference" - I admit publicly - reviewer as well - I feel Jacob's mastery of the English language is unparalleled in this business; see latest Verity review. So glad he's here.

I'm going to get a swelled head from all these kudos. I'm glad you enjoyed the Verity review.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
It just sounds so darn good--throws up an enormous soundstage, very dynamic, refulgent. I haven't heard anything that has surpassed it. But keep in mind that I have the original version, which boasts a large tubed power supply.

Cool...I've heard it a couple of times at Elliot's and have always enjoyed listening to his system(s)/room.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Jacob,
I just finished reading your enthusiastic review of the Classe M-600 in TAS and could see you feel it is something special.

I quote your review: "In playing back Schubert lieder, for example, the CA-M600 seemed to provide an extra cushion of air simply by projecting the sound of the recording studio walls more fully into my listening space." Such a positive reference to Schubert lieder coming from some one used to high power tubes in unusual in a solid state amplifier review. Can I ask which speakers you were using in the listening that motivated this particular comment?

Jacob E. Heilbrunn

Jul 26, 2010
Classe

Jacob,
I just finished reading your enthusiastic review of the Classe M-600 in TAS and could see you feel it is something special.

I quote your review: "In playing back Schubert lieder, for example, the CA-M600 seemed to provide an extra cushion of air simply by projecting the sound of the recording studio walls more fully into my listening space." Such a positive reference to Schubert lieder coming from some one used to high power tubes in unusual in a solid state amplifier review. Can I ask which speakers you were using in the listening that motivated this particular comment?

I was using the Wilson Alexandrias. But it had the same effect with the Magnepans. Stunning.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Jake. Did I mention I live in the DC metro area.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing