Aesthetix Io Users Group

I am not entirely sure, but sometimes companies may ask you to demonstrate actual ownership and that you are a valid owner and ask for you to supply the serial number in order to be able to request a schematic. I have learned this through experience with other equipment I have owned over the years. I also established a relationship with dealers and the company so they knew I had the equipment and when issue presented itself, I could cut through the red tape. Get to know the dealer and the company that builds your stuff. Good luck.
Thanks your advice.
There was no response from Aesthetix and we finished the repair since then.
Would have be good a schematics from AE. iO is not an easy wiring.

Reactions: audioquest4life
I am not entirely sure, but sometimes companies may ask you to demonstrate actual ownership and that you are a valid owner and ask for you to supply the serial number in order to be able to request a schematic. I have learned this through experience with other equipment I have owned over the years. I also established a relationship with dealers and the company so they knew I had the equipment and when issue presented itself, I could cut through the red tape. Get to know the dealer and the company that builds your stuff. Good luck.
Aesthetix did not want to supply a diagram to a repair shop hired by their own Scandinavian distributor to repair my Io, still under warranty at the time !o_O

• Angry
Reactions: Johan K
Thanks your advice.
There was no response from Aesthetix and we finished the repair since then.
Would have be good a schematics from AE. iO is not an easy wiring.
Glad you were able to get your unit repaired. Happy listening.

Aesthetix did not want to supply a diagram to a repair shop hired by their own Scandinavian distributor to repair my Io, still under warranty at the time !o_O
That’s not good. I wonder what the particular reason is as to why Aesthetix did not want to supply the schematic to the Scandinavian dealers repair shop. Did they give a reason? This sounds like I should call Aesthetix tomorrow and inquire in general for technical support and repair outside the U.S. Seems like they have some reason. I don’t want to speculate but two things, perhaps proprietary and intellectual property (IP) protection. Not sure.

What steps did to take to get it fixed? I read somewhere that Mr. Jim White, the CEO of Aesthetix is the only person who repairs and even builds the Io, so maybe that’s why.

• Wow
That’s not good. I wonder what the particular reason is as to why Aesthetix did not want to supply the schematic to the Scandinavian dealers repair shop. Did they give a reason? This sounds like I should call Aesthetix tomorrow and inquire in general for technical support and repair outside the U.S. Seems like they have some reason. I don’t want to speculate but two things, perhaps proprietary and intellectual property (IP) protection. Not sure.

What steps did to take to get it fixed? I read somewhere that Mr. Jim White, the CEO of Aesthetix is the only person who repairs and even builds the Io, so maybe that’s why.
They are always backlogged, and distributers carry the cost of shipping to the US on a product still under warranty. The second time my Io broke down, his profit margin had gone into shipping to a manufacturer that takes forever doing their job.:rolleyes: Getting it repaired locally is the logical solution. I will personally never buy a Aesthetix product again, owning something that is always waiting to be repaired or shipped is just to aggravating !

They are always backlogged, and distributers carry the cost of shipping to the US on a product still under warranty. The second time my Io broke down, his profit margin had gone into shipping to a manufacturer that takes forever doing their job.:rolleyes: Getting it repaired locally is the logical solution. I will personally never buy a Aesthetix product again, owning something that is always waiting to be repaired or shipped is just to aggravating !
I can certainly understand your frustration. I hope you get many years on the Io now that you have it back.

For whatever reasons, I have had much better luck with my Io. Bought it back in 1999, it has failed twice. First time it popped a voltage regulator in a power supply, last year a resistor in a power supply failed. In both cases, Aesthetix did additional upgrade work while the units were in for repair.

Last year, it did take a couple months for the repair, but they let me know when I called in. Several kind folks offered phono stage loaners, so I was still able to listen to records while the Io was in for repair. I do live in the same time zone, but I do not find the shipping cost prohibitive.

I really can't complain for a tube phono stage with almost 25 years service. I have gotten great satisfaction from it. Aesthetix has found ways to improve performance and sound along the way too.

My Cary tube amps have also been incredibly reliable.

I keep the Io on well ventilated shelves and clean out the dust once a year or so.

Non ne sono del tutto sicuro, ma a volte le aziende potrebbero chiederti di dimostrare l'effettiva proprietà e che sei un valido proprietario e chiederti di fornire il numero di serie per poter richiedere uno schema. L'ho imparato attraverso l'esperienza con altre apparecchiature che ho posseduto nel corso degli anni. Ho anche stabilito un rapporto con i rivenditori e l'azienda in modo che sapessero che avevo l'attrezzatura e quando si presentava il problema, potevo eliminare la burocrazia. Conosci il rivenditore e l'azienda che costruisce le tue cose. Buona fortuna.
carissimo ho inviato personalmente ad aesthetix foto dei dispositivi e serial number sia dell'involucro esterno che del layout interno, comprese foto dei componenti visibilmente rotti nella scheda di alimentazione ma non mi è arrivato niente....... ti lascio consapevole che il mio tecnico è una persona a loro già nota avendo riparato in passato la parte elettronica sia del mio che di altri Rhea, il mio apparecchio era stato precedentemente inviato al loro importatore in Italia che fornisce una sorta di assistenza ma che in quel caso non è riuscito a mettere a posto il pre phono Rhea. Ovviamente alla luce di quanto vi ho descritto, starò attento a non acquistare altri componenti Aesthetix e questo è un vero peccato perché in particolare la Io signature, pur essendo un progetto vecchio di un quarto di secolo, riesce a giocare facilmente con molti più moderni di fascia medio-alta. Cordiali saluti e scusa per la traduzione di Google

I can certainly understand your frustration. I hope you get many years on the Io now that you have it back.
It is currently broken again, i have to bring it to a repair guy in Sweden when i get the time, it is no longer under warrant ! :rolleyes: half the warranty time was spent having it repaired. Maybe i will make a youtube video where i drive a steam-roller over the Io and the 2 power-supplies !;)

• Haha
I understand the frustration of Lagonda. I would like better repair convenience too. Some years ago I had to ship my recently upgraded three-box Io partial eclipse back to the factory for a high price, and waited a long time before it got back. On the other hand I got it repaired for a fair price, even though it was a complex job; several components plus the volume controls had to be changed. I am not sure if some local service would have been able to do that. So I am still hanging on, in there. No steam-roller for me.

Reactions: Lagonda and dan31
I understand the frustration of Lagonda. I would like better repair convenience too. Some years ago I had to ship my recently upgraded three-box Io partial eclipse back to the factory for a high price, and waited a long time before it got back. On the other hand I got it repaired for a fair price, even though it was a complex job; several components plus the volume controls had to be changed. I am not sure if some local service would have been able to do that. So I am still hanging on, in there. No steam-roller for me.
I have experienced long wait times on rebuilds from Benz Micro as well as shipping delays. Fortunately, the dealer loaned me a cartridge when mine was in for rebuild. More recently, I had several rounds to get the Goldfinger rebuilt/replaced - with some waiting around. But in the end, the wait was worth it. There is no local service for these in the USA. I imagine the same issue exists for a lot of cartridges.

I don't know what I would do if a speaker had a failure. They need to be crated to ship and go up a couple flights of steps. Not to mention that they weight a couple hundred pounds.

• Wow
My Io has gone in for an update.

In its place is the Allnic 7000 top of the line phono.

This will be interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_3421.jpg
    IMG_3421.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 10
I have experienced long wait times on rebuilds from Benz Micro as well as shipping delays. Fortunately, the dealer loaned me a cartridge when mine was in for rebuild. More recently, I had several rounds to get the Goldfinger rebuilt/replaced - with some waiting around. But in the end, the wait was worth it. There is no local service for these in the USA. I imagine the same issue exists for a lot of cartridges.

I don't know what I would do if a speaker had a failure. They need to be crated to ship and go up a couple flights of steps. Not to mention that they weight a couple hundred pounds.
A couple of thousand pounds of shipping on my American made speakers in my case, cost me $9K shipping one way ! :rolleyes:

Il mio Io è entrato per un aggiornamento.

Al suo posto c'è il fono top di gamma Allnic 7000.

Questo sarà
Vedo che non sono l'unico ad essere passato dall'Aesthetix Io all'Allnic 7000. Qualche anno fa, dopo aver letto un post su audiogon, mi sono ritrovato a chiedere alcune informazioni ad Albert Porter, ex distributore AESTHETIX e successivamente Allnic distributore, che ha raccontato alcune delle piccole grandi follie che aveva fatto per la sua Phono Aesthetix tra cui la creazione dei cordoni ombelicali da parte di un altro noto marchio di fascia alta. E quello che mi colpì allora fu come Albert Porter, al di là delle proprie ragioni commerciali, avesse abbandonato la febbre Aesthetix e abbracciato l'Allnic h7000. questa conversazione via e-mail ha lasciato in me il tarlo del dubbio, oggi mi sono pentito di essere passato ad Allnic solo dopo aver rotto io stesso l'Aesthetix. se avessi ascoltato prima il consiglio di Albert Porter, mi sarei risparmiato un sacco di mal di pancia. who knows how long I'll wait to switch to SOLUTION

My Io has gone in for an update.

In its place is the Allnic 7000 top of the line phono.

This will be interesting.

Have you changed the recti on it?

Vedo che non sono l'unico ad essere passato dall'Aesthetix Io all'Allnic 7000. Qualche anno fa, dopo aver letto un post su audiogon, mi sono ritrovato a chiedere alcune informazioni ad Albert Porter, ex distributore AESTHETIX e successivamente Allnic distributore, che ha raccontato alcune delle piccole grandi follie che aveva fatto per la sua Phono Aesthetix tra cui la creazione dei cordoni ombelicali da parte di un altro noto marchio di fascia alta. E quello che mi colpì allora fu come Albert Porter, al di là delle proprie ragioni commerciali, avesse abbandonato la febbre Aesthetix e abbracciato l'Allnic h7000. questa conversazione via e-mail ha lasciato in me il tarlo del dubbio, oggi mi sono pentito di essere passato ad Allnic solo dopo aver rotto io stesso l'Aesthetix. se avessi ascoltato prima il consiglio di Albert Porter, mi sarei risparmiato un sacco di mal di pancia. who knows how long I'll wait to switch to SOLUTION

i am translating this to English using google for other readers:

“I see I'm not the only one who switched from the Aesthetix Io to the Allnic 7000. A few years ago, after reading a post on audiogon, I found myself asking Albert Porter, former AESTHETIX distributor and later Allnic distributor, for some information. who recounted some of the little big follies he had done for his Phono Aesthetix including the creation of the umbilical cords by another well-known high-end brand. And what struck me then was how Albert Porter, beyond his commercial reasons, had abandoned the Aesthetix fever and embraced the Allnic h7000. this e-mail conversation left me with the worm of doubt, today I regretted switching to Allnic only after breaking the Aesthetix myself. had I listened to Albert Porter's advice sooner, I would have saved myself a lot of stomach aches. who knows how long I'll wait to switch to SOLUTION”

Personalmente io sto utilizzando una KR 5U4G ma qualcuno mi ha suggerito di provare una GEC U52 5U4G

if the kR worked well in your system also try the next level up, the RK 5u4g.

i haven’t tried GEC

Reactions: Massimo66
se il kR ha funzionato bene nel tuo sistema, prova anche il livello successivo, l'RK 5u4g.

non ho provato GEC
Nel frattempo, mi scuso per il mio cattivo inglese, riguardo alla valvola rk. Ho già chiesto le valvole in Italia al distributore kraaudio, che peraltro dista meno di 200 km da casa mia, la possibilità di avere questa valvola, ma prima di ottobre non sarà possibile averla. Devo dire che prodotti KR veramente eccezionali, in passato ho avuto modo di provare a casa il finale VA680, e devo dire che è veramente eccezionale è stato un peccato doverlo scartare vista la scarsa efficienza dei miei diffusori MBL , ma questo finale di potenza è stato davvero eccezionale.questa foto risale a una decina di anni fa quando l'importatore audio KR aveva sede a Palermo e ogni tanto lasciava i suoi apparecchi per suonare a casa mia e per farli rodare prima di portarli in giro per mostre e dimostrazioniDE243F55-0D0E-4540-9467-AB4E2162CF1E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing