American Sound, "The Absolute Nothing"

@mtemur wrote about DDK having left this Forum, "Maybe he found it’s [ this forum ] not all fans but some questioners."

MTemur, are you acquainted with Mr Karmeli? With all respect due, I would submit that you do Not know DDK; if you Did, you would understand that he, among all the people I have met or known, in audio and elsewhere, is as interested in the spirit of true inquiry as anyone.
I haven't met ddk so my prior comments below were limited to conversations over this forum.
- Answering in an authoritative, confident way in threads and end all arguments by condescending others with a commanding tone instead of reasonably and technically explaining why.
- Promoting the products you sell and disparage others badly.

I understand from your response that you're approving them.
For your consideration ( and I believe it safe to say you have not yet heard The Absolute Nothing, is that accurate? ) how could someone create an object of such remarkable purpose, distinction and singular performance ( Yes, I Have heard it ) if the spirit of inquiry —which inevitably includes dissenters and detractors— were not at the epicenter of their value system?

Looking forward to your response.
I didn’t say AN turntable doesn’t sound great or sounds bad. Actually I haven't said anything about it at all. I bet it sounds great. There are many great sounding turntables out there but real question is; does it sound as good as it cost? Maybe it does I don't know but I'm sure marketing helps, not only for AN turntable but also for all the top tier products.

Last edited:
@mtemur quoted his own, earlier post re: the questions I asked:

"- Answering in an authoritative, confident way in threads and end all arguments by condescending others with a commanding tone instead of reasonably and technically explaining why.
- Promoting the products you sell and disparage others badly."

It escapes me why you quoted someone other than me in our dialog. Why was that? My response to you was one of questioning ( 'Do you know Mr Karmeli?’; ‘Have you heard The Absolute Nothing turntable?’ ). It was neither condescending nor commanding in tone.

And I have No involvement in promoting Mr Karmeli’s product(s). I had the privilege of assisting in the assembly and setup of the first example of this turntable and being with Mr Karmeli and PeterA when the table was heard for the first time.

Please explain how that is either ‘ending [an] argument by condescending [ to ] others? ( were we having an argument? I raised the questions I asked in the same spirit of inquiry as I mention in Mr Karmeli’s approach to audio problem-soving )

Or how I was “promoting a product that I sell and disparaging others badly [ or even at all ]?

I am neither condescending in the questions I raise, nor am I a stooge for Mr Karmeli in promoting his products.

As before, I look forward to your response, and hope it more directly engages the questions I have posed than the post quoted above. My interest is in inquiry, in learning.

And I hope you get to hear The Absolute Nothing turntable. I certainly could not say for you —or for anyone else— whether it is worth the purchase price. That is only for a person themselves to determine. I’m simply grateful I had the chance to hear it, because that experience broadened my understanding.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
@mtemur quoted his own, earlier post re: the questions I asked:

"- Answering in an authoritative, confident way in threads and end all arguments by condescending others with a commanding tone instead of reasonably and technically explaining why.
- Promoting the products you sell and disparage others badly."

It escapes me why you quoted someone other than me in our dialog. Why was that? My response to you was one of questioning ( 'Do you know Mr Karmeli?’; ‘Have you heard The Absolute Nothing turntable?’ ). It was neither condescending nor commanding in tone.

And I have No involvement in promoting Mr Karmeli’s product(s). I had the privilege of assisting in the assembly and setup of the first example of this turntable and being with Mr Karmeli and PeterA when the table was heard for the first time.

Please explain how that is either ‘ending [an] argument by condescending [ to ] others? ( were we having an argument? I raised the questions I asked in the same spirit of inquiry as I mention in Mr Karmeli’s approach to audio problem-soving )

Or how I was “promoting a product that I sell and disparaging others badly [ or even at all ]?

I am neither condescending in the questions I raise, nor am I a stooge for Mr Karmeli in promoting his products.

As before, I look forward to your response, and hope it more directly engages the questions I have posed than the post quoted above. My interest is in inquiry, in learning.

And I hope you get to hear The Absolute Nothing turntable. I certainly could not say for you —or for anyone else— whether it is worth the purchase price. That is only for a person themselves to determine. I’m simply grateful I had the chance to hear it, because that experience broadened my understanding.

Kind Regards
Wow, you totally misunderstood. Please read my posts again or somebody else with better English than me can explain it to you.

I didn’t accuse you for anything or promoting AN turntable -although you’re promoting ddk- but that’s understandable. You know him as a great person and I believe you. I really do because I’m in no point of judging someone’s personality nor entitled to. Besides it’s not up to me or anybody here to reach conclusions about a person’s character without personally knowing him or her.

Keeping these in mind and as I said before, my comments were based on conversations and reactions of ddk on this forum. I’m hundred percent behind my words.

IMHO since you already heard AN turntable it would be better if you share how and why it affected you? and in which way? for the sake of topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75
- Answering in an authoritative, confident way in threads and end all arguments by condescending others with a commanding tone instead of reasonably and technically explaining why.
- Promoting the products you sell and disparage others badly.

An authoritative confident reply can be part of a reasonable technical explanation or other explanation. I suppose some may find such a reply condescending -- there are a few here particularly sensitive to what they perceive as 'tone' and quick to claim offense. Since the forums are at least one step removed from personal interaction - just words on a page -- and despite the emojis and outside the most blatantly obvious attack, I find 'tone' largely a product of reader perception and not reflective of reply intent.

The quote above doesn't sound like you.

Reactions: cdk84
@mtemur Thank you for your response. I am completely willing to accept that we did not communicate clearly.

And I may have misunderstood your intention. I can be sensitive to people’s language; it’s true.

And I am glad that I continued to ask questions rather than assume what you were thinking. I hope that has led, at least in part, to this improvement in our connection: after all, we are simply passionate about the same thing —the joy of music, yes?

Last edited:
Reactions: Glide3

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing