Analogy Records Sells Only Master Tapes

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
My question would be how many other so called companies & persons are doing the exact same thing ?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The tapes I have are mastered on tape. It may not be hard to analyze any with unknown provenance to see if they are digital copies.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
The tapes I have are mastered on tape. It may not be hard to analyze any with unknown provenance to see if they are digital copies.

Amir, my understanding is there exist artifacts/profiles, detectable upon objective analysis, which reveal digital processing.
Can you elucidate :confused:

Thanks.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I am going to do some hand waving here Sam as I have not done it :).

But yes, we can look for effects of anti-aliasing filters, noise-shaping, brick-wall filtering, etc. that survive in some manner through the analog transformation of tape record/playback. The fact that they record in high sample rate makes this potentially a lot harder than if they were copying from CD but should still be possible for a number of scenarios.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing