Any Bergmann "Galder" owners here ?

Mobiusman

May 25, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
BTW, Phillip, i just realized that you are the importer for Bergmann and want to congratulate you. It is a wonderful product and for my system and budget sounds wonderful. Also I want to say that both Alex and Fabio of Alma provide amazing service. I live on the left coast and Fabio came and installed the Bergman, and Alex came in set up my MSB DAC. Pretty amazing service IMHO!

Reactions: Ron Resnick

CC61231

Jan 30, 2021
View attachment 74382

My only criticism of the DE-E1 was when we listened to solo piano. My mother was a piano teacher in Cork city, Ireland who retired from the Cork School of Music at the ages of 65, 75 & finally 85. As you can imagine, during my youth, I spent countless hours listening to solo piano, played at various levels of musicianship. As a result, my go-to instrument for identifying tonal colour is the piano.
We listened to the stunning Jackson Berkey play Debussy's Sunken Cathedral. Bear in mind that the cartridge was brand new & the phono stage was also new and was not at operating temperature, did not have 48 hours to truly warm up. Neither unit was broken-in. But the audible difference between a traditional cartridge & phono stage was while the optical system was dramatically quieter, it lacked a huge amount of tonal colour. Be interesting to hear the W-2, optical cartridge with the EMM Labs DS-EQ1 optical phono stage, and see if they redress the tonal color shortfall. Very promising technology.
Meanwhile, I am v happy with the Dynavector XV1S.
Expect an update later this week. Happy listening, Philip
Well - a small change of plans...

Having put roughly 60 h on my DS E1 I sold it. Especially the tonality of "more of everything" became too much in my system.

Now I have ordered 2 new cartridges instead. Dynavector TE-K and Hana ML.

Then I can go back to the Dynavector sound I find pleasing and try a new contender in the very wide / competitive mid segment of 1.500$

// Chris

Reactions: Vienna

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
add another galder owner to the list. Joe and Ron’s enthusiasm for vinyl finally won me over. Placed an order with Joe for a Galder with vacuum hold down and Odin tonearm with sound smith hyperion cartridge. I decided not to skimp because I really want a firm foundation and i want a System to equal or better my MSB set up. Hera ya go @Philip O Hanlon

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Hugh! I think you made wonderful decisions there! (I am not personally familiar with the cartridge, but if Joe Cali loves it that is way more than good enough for me.)

I am extremely confident you will be happy with this set-up!

Reactions: HughP3

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing