Any Esoteric fans here?

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Here's a better pic of it. The resolution and detail is far superior, it even has a mirror, for self reflection!

Not too sure of the model but it's right up there... I think it's the Master's series... or something like that.

Cheeeers, RJ

Attachments

• 20230612_221731.jpg
    20230612_221731.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Haha
Reactions: Bobvin

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
On a more sober note... woof,

I've tried the G02x and G01x clocks with my Eso rig, and it was definitely an improvement, without a doubt. The only issue is, I just can't justify the price tag of 20 & 30grand just for a damn clock! Hence, the reason why I proposed that wall clock.

Anyway, I believe apart from other electronic elements, such as the transport mechanism and DACs, the clock would seem to be the most significant change, at least to me that is. So without having to sell off your entire digital rig, by just adding a dedicated master clock with the right connecting cable is what I would recommend, especially for those wanting to keep their existing Eso player. In which case, there's always the trade-in option with the dealer / importer who may offer a better deal as the trade-in price on upgrading to a higher model, such as the new XD series players. Then again, if the clock does more justice and offers a better experience all round, just get the clock!

Either way, the G0x clocks were really well designed and contributed towards a beautiful sound that was very engaging with the music. It had all the emotions and a very high musicality factor. However, I still feel it's not a "must have or can't do without product" because once you've got the right player in your particular system and there's great synergy, I'd recommend to just sit back and enjoy those fine tunes!

The choice is yours!
Cheers, RJ

Reactions: Johan K

brodricj

Mar 13, 2016
hmm, it will not pop open, no matter what…sounded some lock ‘blocking under the cover..

The top cover can be move/sliding backward/forwards a bit about 5mm-10mm
You need to loosen the 2 top bolts on either side of the chassis that lock the top cover. Use a 2.5mm hex tool, the four bolts don't need to be removed completely, just unscrew them about 5mm. Then lift off the top cover.

brodricj

Mar 13, 2016
I've tried the G02x and G01x clocks with my Eso rig, and it was definitely an improvement, without a doubt. The only issue is, I just can't justify the price tag of 20 & 30grand just for a damn clock! Hence, the reason why I proposed that wall clock.
With G-02X and G-01X discontinued the only Esoteric clock that remains is G1X. So yeah, if you want to stay Esoteric it's a choice of one and spending the money. If you are a Grandioso owner then G1X makes sense. You probably wouldn't be buying a G1X to pair with an N-05XD, that wouldn't make sense. A used G-02X would be an excellent choice for any N- or K-series owner.
I used G-02X with N-01 and it was great. I'm now using G-02X with D1X and P1. I didn't upgrade to G1X because D1X will only use the external clock for other sources which also use external clock. To clock only the CD playback I didn't think was worth the expense so I keep G-02X for that. For un-clocked sources you can't use the D1X clocked by itself.

Reactions: Notdead

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
With G-02X and G-01X discontinued the only Esoteric clock that remains is G1X. So yeah, if you want to stay Esoteric it's a choice of one and spending the money. If you are a Grandioso owner then G1X makes sense. You probably wouldn't be buying a G1X to pair with an N-05XD, that wouldn't make sense. A used G-02X would be an excellent choice for any N- or K-series owner.
I used G-02X with N-01 and it was great. I'm now using G-02X with D1X and P1. I didn't upgrade to G1X because D1X will only use the external clock for other sources which also use external clock. To clock only the CD playback I didn't think was worth the expense so I keep G-02X for that. For un-clocked sources you can't use the D1X clocked by itself.
Yes, I understand your points, and noted.
In fact that's exactly what my Eso importer said as well. So I was nearly there... either the G01x with my K-xs series player, and it did make a difference that was very acceptable. The only issue was the 20grand price tag and that was final, there was no discount even for repeat customers. So I passed and the reason why I posted the wall clock! It also has a very large display...

I personally can't justify 20grand just for a clock, no matter how much of an improvement it is, especially when we're living in an economy where moat are struggling to meet the basic needs.

So, at this stage I'm more than pleased with what I've got. Just been enjoying those fine tunes.
Cheers, RJ

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Attn: park77

I'm not sure what the purpose is to open up your Eso player? Are you an electronics engineer or service tech... hence the reason to open it.
If we did any of the sort over here, it would void the warranty pronto! End of discussion.

Just enjoy the player as it is, opening for what and why mess around?
Anyway, you probably have your reasons. All the best with the opening ceremony.

RJ

Neilbo75

Jan 1, 2023
I’m looking at the Esoteric k1 Grandioso sacd.player. Can you tell me what the name of the MU material you used to wrap the transformers and how did you attach the MU material to the transformer. I have used the IEC Furtech FI 09 NCF and it’s a great piece.
Thanks for the info.
I was wondering too about the mysterious mu. From googling “mu material” it looks like a firm in Holland sells various kinds of magnetic shielding. Their thin tape might do. Of course the warranty will be voided. Don’t try this at home unless you know what you are doing.

It would be interesting to know if other owners have gotten good improvement from what seems to be a simple modification. I would be surprised that the TEAC engineers had ignored proper shields … unless they don’t otherwise have a good reason to upsell two box players? Ouch, that’s cynical.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing