Any experince with Audio Note DACs?

Both transport are old and I know there been problems with Forsell gears in general getting spare parts. Can you find spare parts (laser etc) to P-0s? Both transport looks amazing and I am sure they still are among the best.

I have been told by 3 Audio techs/Moddifiers that you can find spare parts for the Esoteric P70 which is about the same vintage. The basic guidance i have been given is...if you buy one of these, have the laser changed and then also buy a spare...usually about $250-$500 depending on who is sellling. There are some people who feel that, other than the P-O, the P70 is still one of the best redbook transports today.

Thanks for the advice

The P70 is available in multiple voltages...though if you need to convert voltage, its a pain because Esoteric purposely put different transformers in each region...so you have to replace the transformer. Whereas many manufacturers of high-end, low volume components create multi-voltage...where all you have to do is move the wires over (move the taps) and change the fuses.

In the case of the P-0, i believe it was only ever available for the Japanese market...hence 110 voltage. So you may need, like C1Ferrari, to use a step-up voltage converter...or get a serious audiotech to customize the voltage for you.

The voltage Q is a pain. We in europe use 230V. Accuphase, very expensive in Europe, had for start multicolour cables and instruction which cable to move to get to 230Vtap from 110V. Since many bougth used A in far east instead of buying new the European agents complain and now I have heard that all cables are grey and there is no instruction...

Last edited:
i am sure a good Audio tech can figure out which grey wire goes where...good luck!

Since many bougth used A in far east instead of buying new the European agents complain and now I have heard that all cables are grey and there is no instruction...

No kidding... :(

Sorry, there is no cheap fix for great Audio Note sound, and, the fix has to with matching the DAC with the best transport. I have listened to a lot of transports. The only way to preserve the purity and dynamism of 2.1 t0 5.1 AN DACSs is to match them with audio philosophy sharing transports, the best being the better 47 Lab transports.

Thanks for the kind remark, Amir.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing