Any one here ever had listening experience with Trigon Elektronik?

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
I had a chance to listen to a great system last night!
Speakers were Audio Physik Cardeas driven with Trigon Elektronik and an Acoustic Signature turntable.
We listened for a good 5 hour’s of great music on vinyl and the sound was vivid luxurious the one you keep asking for more.
I wonder why company like Trigon don’t get more exposure to audiophile.

Hi Odyno,

being a german company Trigon is pretty well known over here. Even though they are not the most famous company here either, not by a long shot.

I don't have any listening experience with Trigon whatsoever but after reading your post i'll be sure to check it out. Though it seems you have listend to an all german system i haven't listend to any of those brands, but it just so happens that i'm going to an audio show next weekend and Trigon will be there. I hope they will use decent speakers in a decent room, but i doubt they will have an analog source.

I'll post my impressions of Trigon next weekend.

Do you remember which Trigon amps you heard?

So they were the big guns :) When it comes to Trigon anyway.

I'll see what they have at the audio show but as i said i seriously doubt they'll have analog playback, which is a pity because i prefer analog over digital. Knowing now what you think about their digital source i'll adjust my expectations accordingly ;)

If i'm not mistaken their newest sourcce component is the Chronolog, so i guess they'll be showing this.

Since you're not the first person to say good things about the Monolog (and Dialog) i hope they will have those and not their smaller amps and preamps.

But i'm just curious anyways. While i am thinking about upgrading my integrated amp to seperates at the moment i am looking elsewhere than Trigon. Somehow i don't think that those are the amps i could sit back and just enjoy the music with for the next couple of years...

Who knows they may have a vinyl playback as the phono section they have in their pre-amp is excellent!
Is it going to be a show at a dealer?

Let's hope they have vinyl. Even their budget phono stage is supposed to be very good so maybe you're right.

The show isn't going to be at a dealer, it's at a hotel.

Will do. If there are enough interesting things to see i'll start a new thread with pictures. If there's only Trigon i'll post them here.

First of all i have to apologize, i didn't take any Pictures because i forgot my DSLR at home when i went to the show.

In the Trigon room, one of the bigger and better rooms, they were using the Epilog integrated amp with the Chronolog streamer, the sound was alright but nothing too special. Then they used the Epilog with the Advance phonostage. TT was the new Luxman PD 171 with a Benz ACE (L or SL, i don't quite remember). This was a lot better. So i guess you were right, the guys at Trigon really know their stuff when it comes to vinyl.

Speakers were the GamuT M'inenT M7.

It's doubtful. I would like to go, i've never been to the Show in Munich but i don't think i will have the time.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing