Apocalypse Now- Final Cut

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Aquaman ain't your thing? :p

What I like about Aquaman (Jason Momoa) is that he's not doing 'Aquaman 2' ... he's fighting for a real life cause instead ... bravo to him. CGI is all plastic fake, no value, no essence, no vision, just Mickey mouse Froot Loops cardboard cereals. It's fun though through the onscreen luminous OLED colors and Atomas sound. ....Non-sense movie entertainment.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ked, get serious
G3>>>>>>>>>>>>G2>G1.
As my Ra said about Sofia Coppola
"Didn't she die well".

Only one reason she should have stayed an "actor". To spare us the industrial scale crap that was directing The Virgin Suicides.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I think Deniro hasn't done a good movie since good fellas but he continues to act fine. Pacino on the other hand kept repeating his angry man style after G1, dog day afternoon, and G2.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Yep Ked, De Niro's Bob Mueller is REALLY fine acting.

He was THE man in the mid/late 70s. Just a hack now.

Go see Dirty Grandpa.

Al Pacino? How can he ever live up to his roles in Godfather, Dog Day Afternoon and Serpico?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
So much for Marlon Brando from Apocalypse Now ...
Was he On the Waterfront with other stars ... Eva Marie Saint, Rod Steiger, Karl Malden, Lee J. Cobb?
- A Streetcar Named Desire
- The Wild One
- The Godfather
- The Freshman
- Guys and Dolls
- Julius Caesar
- Last Tango in Paris
- The Young Lions
- The Score

Amazing filmography, amazing actor, he nailed Colonel Kurtz perfectly.
Children? Eleven of them: Christian Brando, Cheyenne Brando, Simon Teihotu Brando, Myles Jonathan Brando, Miko Castaneda Brando, Timothy Gahan Brando, Ninna Priscilla Brando, Raiatua Brando, Maimiti Brando, more

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Coppola's best movie was by far godfather 1. Then G2

I like Nolan much more than QT. He is seriously good, consistent yet different. QT has been trying the same tired trick of those ham burger type conversations. I could have written all the dialogues for once upon a time faster than I write a WBF post.

You are the king of armchair quarterbacks Ked.....

Reactions: bonzo75

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Yep Ked, De Niro's Bob Mueller is REALLY fine acting.

He was THE man in the mid/late 70s. Just a hack now.

Go see Dirty Grandpa.

Al Pacino? How can he ever live up to his roles in Godfather, Dog Day Afternoon and Serpico?

HEAT is my favorite movie - 1995. Michael Mann's masterpiece.

Had both De Niro and Pacino in a diner scene from Beverly Hills at Kate Mantilinis - one of the best of all time.

and Val Kilmer, Natalie Portman as a teenager, Danny Trejo, Tom Sizemore, yada yada yada. Off the charts good movie.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I like Nolan much more than QT. He is seriously good, consistent yet different. QT has been trying the same tired trick of those ham burger type conversations. I could have written all the dialogues for once upon a time faster than I write a WBF post.

They are quite different, but Nolan is probably more talented. QT's schtick has become so old, though I still have hope for the Hollywood movie.

Although I still find Memento so overrated too.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
They are quite different, but Nolan is probably more talented. QT's schtick has become so old, though I still have hope for the Hollywood movie.

Although I still find Memento so overrated too.

Memento was quite early on.. Batman begins, dark Knight rises (requires re watching with subtitles, and I think Bane is more understandable now maybe they changed couldn't get him in the cinema on day 1 at all), Prestige, inception (again, requires re watching). Dunkirk was disappointing

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
HEAT is my favorite movie - 1995. Michael Mann's masterpiece.

Had both De Niro and Pacino in a diner scene from Beverly Hills at Kate Mantilinis - one of the best of all time.

and Val Kilmer, Natalie Portman as a teenager, Danny Trejo, Tom Sizemore, yada yada yada. Off the charts good movie.

Michael Mann is probably a lesser director than even most in Bollywood. I thought Heat was like a Bollywood multi starrer where famous names were paid a lot to do nothing. How long was Val Kilmer in that movie, 5 mins? What a waste of talks. At least in Bollywood he would have a dance and a song.

His best trick was to keep fans waiting to see when the two names meet in one of the most anti climactic scene. It reminded me of when Jimmy page often joined some big names like Eric Clapton or Jeff Beck on stage during a live show for a one off song but hardly ever played the guitar.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Jim (OP) must be thinking..."What a bunch of off-topic nuts."

Bringing the train back on the rails,
I have never seen AN any version all the way through. I think I have seen it all in bits and pieces but could never get into/appreciate the movie. Its been decades since the last attempt, maybe time to try one more time. Deerhunter was another one.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Michael Mann is probably a lesser director than even most in Bollywood. I thought Heat was like a Bollywood multi starrer where famous names were paid a lot to do nothing. How long was Val Kilmer in that movie, 5 mins? What a waste of talks. At least in Bollywood he would have a dance and a song.

Um, ok. Last of the Mohicans, Heat, and the Insider (in a row, no less) is subpar stuff for a director that couldn't even direct in Bollywood apparently. LOL.

Mann was a pioneer in the 80s with the first two seasons of Miami Vice as well (which was a terrible movie in the 00s, unfortunately). Rewatch the pilot if you don't believe me.

Reactions: jeff1225

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

His best trick was to keep fans waiting to see when the two names meet in one of the most anti climactic scene. It reminded me of when Jimmy page often joined some big names like Eric Clapton or Jeff Beck on stage during a live show for a one off song but hardly ever played the guitar.

2A169D03-ACE5-4B6E-B6EF-FD36CB917550.jpeg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
M Mann's Thief is maybe his best film.

Manhunter totally rocks as the perfect distillation of 80s surface sheen and brass balls psychotic double act.

Brian Cox's H Lecter rules.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Um, ok. Last of the Mohicans, Heat, and the Insider (in a row, no less) is subpar stuff for a director that couldn't even direct in Bollywood apparently. LOL.

Mann was a pioneer in the 80s with the first two seasons of Miami Vice as well (which was a terrible movie in the 00s, unfortunately). Rewatch the pilot if you don't believe me.
Keith, directors need to make poor movies so we can value the good ones more.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing