AudiogoN violation flags

I choose the basic option costing $10 since the value of the product was under $1K.

No, that was a Premium Listing. The fee was only $10, as the item value was less than $999. If the item was say $5000, the fee would go up to $100.

The basic listing is $4, irrespective of the item value.

How is this possible. You can only dispute up to 45 days.

They must have used a CC chargeback, not PP dispute.

There is a thread here about alternatives to Audiogon. If you/we are so dissatisfied with Audiogon, why don't we start trying out these services giving them some legs and provide more competition.
Force of habits I guess , despite all the complaints we, automatically turn to Audiogon to sell or purchase gears.. I, included. Please let's start putting our money where our mouths are:
Here is the Thread

I here ya' Frantz! I was just about to post that until I clicked onto your link. ;)

Tom

I transfered all my ads to http://www.usaudiomart.com/

Seems quite lively - they have almost 900 ads in the speakers category alone.

Best of all - it is free.

I transfered all my ads to http://www.usaudiomart.com/

Seems quite lively - they have almost 900 ads in the speakers category alone.

Best of all - it is free.

Thanks for posting that link. I had never heard of them. I do remember the little paper based audiomart (pre Al Gore's Internet) that I used to sell lots of stuff through.

Audio Afcionardo let's you advertise for free if you are a subscriber to their site. There aren't a lot of listings but things seem to sell very fast over there. There seems to be a higher trust level on that site for some reason.

I just sold an audio stand on USAudioMart in a transaction that went smoothly. It took a while and, arguably, I might have sold it more quickly on Audiogon. But, I personally dislike Audiogon's fee policy and the fact that for non-premium ads you are forced to use PayPal. In my personal opinion PayPal is not friendly to sellers.

After an email exchange, AudiogoN lifted one of the flags, which brought back the functionality of my account.

However, all the points raised in this discussion still remain valid.

No, that was a Premium Listing. The fee was only $10, as the item value was less than $999. If the item was say $5000, the fee would go up to $100.

The basic listing is $4, irrespective of the item value.

I guess the extra $6 was worth it to avoid the paypal trap.

I guess the extra $6 was worth it to avoid the paypal trap.

Definately. For all items costing less then $999, it is worth spending the $6 extra.

The problem starts when you want to list sth for say $5000 ($100 fee).

The difficult thing is that Audiogon is still the best place to sell gear. Even with the site's overall decline, it still gets more traffic than the alternatives.

I have had some luck using usaudiomart for selling a few things, but you have to be very patient.

I also wish that more people would use hifishark to look for gear, since it accesses a huge number of sites at once. Then it really wouldn't matter where people listed stuff.

Not all buyers will agree to using PayPal's Friends and Family option since it offers no protection, but if they do choose it, then PayPal doesn't charge any fees.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing