Avantgarde Horn Speakers

caesar

May 30, 2010
Congratulations on your Avantgarde purchase. I bought used Duos last year following 17 years with Unos.

I think mine are the same as yours but the Duo 2.2 description is not an AG label but one that Jim Smith, the US distributor at the time used after he asked AG to make small mods for the US market. OK, let’s check. I guess yours have 10” drivers with roll surrounds, not 7” or foam – that’s good. The amp may have only speaker-level inputs or both speaker and line level via XLR. The latter is more recent – post about 2006 – as mine are. The drivers are presumably specified as 8 ohms not the Omega ones at 18 ohms. If that matches your speakers they are the same model as mine.

In my room I set the bass level at 3 small clicks back from vertical, so about 11 o’clock and I also find 140 the best XO setting – all as you have with yours. If you set the XO much higher, there’s an overlap that muddies the sound. Your description may suggest a slight lowering of the XO – try 120 although in theory this may leave a bit of a gap, but still worth trying.

What distance apart are your speakers and how far away is your listening position? Do you have both your horns set at the mid-height position and what feet are you using on what floor surface? There are all important, as is toe-in. Distance from side and rear walls is far less important with AGs than most box speakers and much less so than planars. Your room will be the biggest influence on the sound so experiments with toe-in, height, feet, etc all need careful assessment. In my room (very odd as it’s parabolic in shape 945 sq ft, low ceilings and speakers placed mid-room), I find the distance between speakers is best slightly less than distance from listening position. I find toe-in to almost directly towards me is best although aiming them 1 ft in front of and even 1 ft behind your head may well pay off.

I have solid floors (timber boards on screed on concrete) with carpet over 1/3 of the room area including my listening area but not under the speakers. I don’t like spikes but prefer footers such as IsoAcoustic Gaia Is (although I have IIs at present – a bit overloaded) as they improve bass detail in particular quite significantly and bass volume a little too. I’m told that Symphosium Svelte platforms are good with AGs too.
View attachment 73978
I decided I wanted to get rid of the 3 upright poles as I find them unattractive, so I’ve modified mine so the tubes are now supported by the prongs of an F shaped frame attached to the back to the speakers. All achieved without damaging the Duos and, in my opinion look much better and (with more attention to vibration control) also sound a little better. Drawings available if interested. Good luck with your tuning – don’t rush. Peter
Hi Hear Here,
Thank you for sharing Your experiences. Very interesting how you’ve modified And augmented with better vibration footers. Any update on new vs. older generation Duo speakers? Curious if they are they better or different. (if you’ve described this elsewhere here, please share the link.) thanks

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hi guys, long time listener, first time caller here. I picked up a pair of Duo 2.2s last week. I also got the former owners bi wire cable set and jumper (Wireworld Gold Eclipse III).

I’ve had a fair bit of difficulty getting them tuned in right. I currently have toe in where the two outer bars are parallel, the rear bolt method didn’t sound as good. I have the crossovers at 140 and the volume set to about 11 o clock.

On fast orchestral pieces, the mids end up sounding a little muddy. Any ideas on things to adjust to alleviate that? Female voices are slightly nasally as well.

I moved up from Klipsch Heresy IIIs, so I’m still getting used to the huge jump in quality here.

Welcome to WBF, EBITDAC!

Congratulations on your purchase of Duos!

Reactions: EBITDAC

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations on your Avantgarde purchase. I bought used Duos last year following 17 years with Unos.

I think mine are the same as yours but the Duo 2.2 description is not an AG label but one that Jim Smith, the US distributor at the time used after he asked AG to make small mods for the US market. OK, let’s check. I guess yours have 10” drivers with roll surrounds, not 7” or foam – that’s good. The amp may have only speaker-level inputs or both speaker and line level via XLR. The latter is more recent – post about 2006 – as mine are. The drivers are presumably specified as 8 ohms not the Omega ones at 18 ohms. If that matches your speakers they are the same model as mine.

In my room I set the bass level at 3 small clicks back from vertical, so about 11 o’clock and I also find 140 the best XO setting – all as you have with yours. If you set the XO much higher, there’s an overlap that muddies the sound. Your description may suggest a slight lowering of the XO – try 120 although in theory this may leave a bit of a gap, but still worth trying.

What distance apart are your speakers and how far away is your listening position? Do you have both your horns set at the mid-height position and what feet are you using on what floor surface? There are all important, as is toe-in. Distance from side and rear walls is far less important with AGs than most box speakers and much less so than planars. Your room will be the biggest influence on the sound so experiments with toe-in, height, feet, etc all need careful assessment. In my room (very odd as it’s parabolic in shape 945 sq ft, low ceilings and speakers placed mid-room), I find the distance between speakers is best slightly less than distance from listening position. I find toe-in to almost directly towards me is best although aiming them 1 ft in front of and even 1 ft behind your head may well pay off.

I have solid floors (timber boards on screed on concrete) with carpet over 1/3 of the room area including my listening area but not under the speakers. I don’t like spikes but prefer footers such as IsoAcoustic Gaia Is (although I have IIs at present – a bit overloaded) as they improve bass detail in particular quite significantly and bass volume a little too. I’m told that Symphosium Svelte platforms are good with AGs too.
View attachment 73978
I decided I wanted to get rid of the 3 upright poles as I find them unattractive, so I’ve modified mine so the tubes are now supported by the prongs of an F shaped frame attached to the back to the speakers. All achieved without damaging the Duos and, in my opinion look much better and (with more attention to vibration control) also sound a little better. Drawings available if interested. Good luck with your tuning – don’t rush. Peter

Dear Hear Here,

Thank you for this extremely detailed advice to EBITDAC.

This is one of the best things about our WBF community: that we have so many members with very deep and extensive personal experience with so many components that we can truly and significantly help each other, as you did in your post. Bravo!

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Hi Hear Here,
Thank you for sharing Your experiences. Very interesting how you’ve modified And augmented with better vibration footers. Any update on new vs. older generation Duo speakers? Curious if they are they better or different. (if you’ve described this elsewhere here, please share the link.) thanks
Although I've had my new Duo XDs for about 3 months, I'm still messing about with them! They do sound a little better than the 3 generations earlier Duos from about 2006 and I know they can be further improved.

To tell the truth I'm a bit miffed with Avantgarde for designing certain features into the XD that, in my view, are not clever [see PS below]. In particular the proportions of the main enclosure. Compared with earlier versions with SUB225 and separate horns for mid and top that could be adjusted in height by about 9", the new speaker has a fixed height for the mid horn with the top horn is embedded into the main enclosure. The volume of this bass enclosure obviously needed to be increased to cater for the bigger 12" drivers, but they've made the enclosure much shallower - 16" compared with 21.5" and this means it needs to be a lot taller. However it's clearly too tall now that the Duo has the fancy cast base frame, nice chunky 2" spikes and even then the enclosure "hovers" over the frame by 1/2". All this means that, if you follow the maker's recommendation of being able to see the top of the enclosure from your listening position, the speakers need to be tilted forward - unless you sit on a bar stool! In my room this tilt looks dreadful, so I'm working on ways to reduce the height a little. What's annoying is that a little extra depth would have kept the height lower - you can always increase a speaker's height but you can't usually lower it!

OK, rant over - the sound is an improvement over the old Duos specially (as expected) in the bass. It’s subtly better all round although the signature of the sound is virtually identical. Nevertheless the old Duo is still a fantastic sounding speaker and (if anyone is interested in moving to AGs) a really good buy on the used market if you can find ones in good condition as I did when I bought my used Duos in 2019 to replace my Unos from 2002.

I've loaded the XD software but again rather disappointingly AG doesn't offer (even at extra cost) a calibrated microphone and means of seeing the actual response curve in one's own home. The dealer may be able to do this with a kit he can borrow from AG or local distributor, but I'd like the kit myself so I can run fresh readings when the speakers are moved or furnishings change or for a secondary seating position.

OK, second rant over. I’ll be inviting my distributor to do these measurements and hopefully he'll be up to speed in getting the very best from the speakers, although a UK-based Jim Smith would be an ideal person to do this. Meanwhile, I haven't yet got the footers I'd like (they'll add even more height!) and I'm still working on changing the support method from the unattractive (to me) 3 upright poles for some new support bracket on the lines of that used with the Mezzo. This will "slim down" the speakers considerably - a big improvement for me as they currently block too much of my view over that harbour and it will also allow me to lower the enclosures a little. I could even ditch the fancy cast frame, but this is an expensive base for the speakers that is attractive (particularly once rotated 90 degrees) and includes useful levelling screws.

Only when I'm happy with the look of the speakers will I get the XD software applied and filters saved in the speakers. I'm confident that once this is all done, the sound will be exceptionally good.

If interested in the mods I made to my old Duos, here’s a link to the posting in Audio Asylum – if that forum can be mentioned here: https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/messages/18/183480.html

I'll post here with photos when I'm happy with my XD mods. Peter

PS - To elaborate for anyone interested, the Duo has grown as a result of its development. The first version with 12" drivers and identically-sized enclosure (the Grosso from 2006) had no cast base frame and no fancy spikes that have been introduced since this model. It had the same support system from earlier models ie either spikes directly into the base of the enclosure or soft feet at the lower ends of the 3 upright poles (customer options). This meant the original Grosso was a sensible height. The introduction of more recent features has meant the new Duo has grown about 3" in height.

Last edited:

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Nice one Peter,
Sounds like a project worth spending on, especially when there's an improvement. Not just a slight improvement but a significant improvement, that's really satisfying.

I'm sure once you have finalised on all adjustments, it will sound mighty fine! Hopefully you're view of the harbour also improves!

Cheers, enjoy and keep us posted. Always useful info for fellow AG owners.
Later, RJ

Reactions: Hear Here

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Although I've had my new Duo XDs for about 3 months, I'm still messing about with them! They do sound a little better than the 3 generations earlier Duos from about 2006 and I know they can be further improved.

To tell the truth I'm a bit miffed with Avantgarde for designing certain features into the XD that, in my view, are not clever [see PS below]. In particular the proportions of the main enclosure. Compared with earlier versions with SUB225 and separate horns for mid and top that could be adjusted in height by about 9", the new speaker has a fixed height for the mid horn with the top horn is embedded into the main enclosure. The volume of this bass enclosure obviously needed to be increased to cater for the bigger 12" drivers, but they've made the enclosure much shallower - 16" compared with 21.5" and this means it needs to be a lot taller. However it's clearly too tall now that the Duo has the fancy cast base frame, nice chunky 2" spikes and even then the enclosure "hovers" over the frame by 1/2". All this means that, if you follow the maker's recommendation of being able to see the top of the enclosure from your listening position, the speakers need to be tilted forward - unless you sit on a bar stool! In my room this tilt looks dreadful, so I'm working on ways to reduce the height a little. What's annoying is that a little extra depth would have kept the height lower - you can always increase a speaker's height but you can't usually lower it!

OK, rant over - the sound is an improvement over the old Duos specially (as expected) in the bass. It’s subtly better all round although the signature of the sound is virtually identical. Nevertheless the old Duo is still a fantastic sounding speaker and (if anyone is interested in moving to AGs) a really good buy on the used market if you can find ones in good condition as I did when I bought my used Duos in 2019 to replace my Unos from 2002.

I've loaded the XD software but again rather disappointingly AG doesn't offer (even at extra cost) a calibrated microphone and means of seeing the actual response curve in one's own home. The dealer may be able to do this with a kit he can borrow from AG or local distributor, but I'd like the kit myself so I can run fresh readings when the speakers are moved or furnishings change or for a secondary seating position.

OK, second rant over. I’ll be inviting my distributor to do these measurements and hopefully he'll be up to speed in getting the very best from the speakers, although a UK-based Jim Smith would be an ideal person to do this. Meanwhile, I haven't yet got the footers I'd like (they'll add even more height!) and I'm still working on changing the support method from the unattractive (to me) 3 upright poles for some new support bracket on the lines of that used with the Mezzo. This will "slim down" the speakers considerably - a big improvement for me as they currently block too much of my view over that harbour and it will also allow me to lower the enclosures a little. I could even ditch the fancy cast frame, but this is an expensive base for the speakers that is attractive (particularly once rotated 90 degrees) and includes useful levelling screws.

Only when I'm happy with the look of the speakers will I get the XD software applied and filters saved in the speakers. I'm confident that once this is all done, the sound will be exceptionally good.

If interested in the mods I made to my old Duos, here’s a link to the posting in Audio Asylum – if that forum can be mentioned here: https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/messages/18/183480.html

I'll post here with photos when I'm happy with my XD mods. Peter

PS - To elaborate for anyone interested, the Duo has grown as a result of its development. The first version with 12" drivers and identically-sized enclosure (the Grosso from 2006) had no cast base frame and no fancy spikes that have been introduced since this model. It had the same support system from earlier models ie either spikes directly into the base of the enclosure or soft feet at the lower ends of the 3 upright poles (customer options). This meant the original Grosso was a sensible height. The introduction of more recent features has meant the new Duo has grown about 3" in height.
Peter, If I were you I would replace the spikes with lower footers. (EVP pads from AV Room Service are worth a try).

As far as using the XD software, I don't think it's designed to be a sophisticated DSP software. It just gives you some relatively simple tools to dial in your bass in your room. I would play around with the adjustments and see what's sounding best. And maybe you're dealer can help get the best out of it.

Beyond that, if you really want use DSP to the fullest, I would contact Mitch Barnett of Acurate Sound. https://accuratesound.ca. This is complicated stuff that requires technical expertise.

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Peter, If I were you I would replace the spikes with lower footers. (EVP pads from AV Room Service are worth a try).

As far as using the XD software, I don't think it's designed to be a sophisticated DSP software. It just gives you some relatively simple tools to dial in your bass in your room. I would play around with the adjustments and see what's sounding best. And maybe you're dealer can help get the best out of it.

Beyond that, if you really want use DSP to the fullest, I would contact Mitch Barnett of Acurate Sound. https://accuratesound.ca. This is complicated stuff that requires technical expertise.
Hi Wil

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll investigate the EVP Pads – not heard of them before. At only 1” in height they may be good, although they look pretty awful!

I bought some footers that look OK and are also only 1” high – Bfly Audio Talis Pro L in black. https://www.bflyaudio.uk/store/p19/LINNTALISPRO.html

Made in Germany and seem to be well regarded under speakers. The L version is good for up to 400 Kg per set.

They screw straight into AG’s adjustable spike assemblies (once the spikes themselves are removed) using the 8mm threads although other threads are also supplied. The advantage over many other footers is that it’s easy to move the speakers over a solid floor. AGs fitted with Gaias are almost impossible to move!

I’m content with these Talis footers for the time being but may look for something else once I’m happy with the looks and positioning of the speakers. I’m still waiting to hear from the local steel fabricator who made the F frames for my earlier Duos, but I know they are busy at present. It’s such a piddly little job I don’t really want to hassle them.

I took a look at the XD software and played around to see how it changed the sound. I was impressed at how much it could do, but only if your ears are good enough to know exactly what to change. It even offers numerous crossover types between the bass and mid – Butterworth, Bessel, etc. These offer varying slopes and make quite a difference in the sound. I think this XD software with the right guidance from microphone measurements and an experienced ear will offer much better results than most room equalisation systems as it doesn’t add any circuit into the equasion. I’ve used RoomPerfect, Dirac Live, Anthem and MARS with various systems I’ve bought or had on load over the last couple of years and concluded that, although they may iron out the peaks and nulls, they also take away a little of the life and excitement from the music. In the end, I turn off the filter and enjoy the imperfections. If the XD does what I hope it’s capable of, I should have a flat response without flat-sounding music. I live in hope! Peter
Bfly Talis-Pro-L Footers.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ovenmitt

EBITDAC

Jan 21, 2021

View attachment 73978
Thank you for the extensive info Hear Here.

My speakers are currently set up about 70 inches apart, and my listening position is about 9 feet from the horn flare. I know 9 feet isn’t enough for full driver cohesion, but I’ll flip my living room and try to get the 12 feet sometime in the next month. My room is rectangular with wraparound windows on two sides with a wood floor on carpet on 18 inch slab concrete.

Both horns are set to their mid position. My Duos are from 2002 or 2003. They have the SUB225 but only have speaker level inputs and no phase switch on the sub amp.

I put the spikes on over the weekend and tilted the speakers back about 3 degrees. I have the spikes sitting on Macgyvered furniture sliders with quarters taped to them to accommodate the spikes. I was looking at Herbies Giant Gliders. Has anyone tried these?

The spike addition and a slight realignment of the speakers helped immensely. The mids opened up substantially and the bass got tighter.

My speakers had been essentially sitting since 2016 when their previous owner passed. As I play more music (probably 50 hours so far) they keep sounding better. I wonder if there’s some level of re-burn in at play.

The speakers have ended up taking up a good portion of my city view from my couch too.

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Thank you for the extensive info Hear Here.

My speakers are currently set up about 70 inches apart, and my listening position is about 9 feet from the horn flare. I know 9 feet isn’t enough for full driver cohesion, but I’ll flip my living room and try to get the 12 feet sometime in the next month. My room is rectangular with wraparound windows on two sides with a wood floor on carpet on 18 inch slab concrete.

Both horns are set to their mid position. My Duos are from 2002 or 2003. They have the SUB225 but only have speaker level inputs and no phase switch on the sub amp.

I put the spikes on over the weekend and tilted the speakers back about 3 degrees. I have the spikes sitting on Macgyvered furniture sliders with quarters taped to them to accommodate the spikes. I was looking at Herbies Giant Gliders. Has anyone tried these?

The spike addition and a slight realignment of the speakers helped immensely. The mids opened up substantially and the bass got tighter.

My speakers had been essentially sitting since 2016 when their previous owner passed. As I play more music (probably 50 hours so far) they keep sounding better. I wonder if there’s some level of re-burn in at play.

The speakers have ended up taking up a good portion of my city view from my couch too.
I'm with my third pair of AGs and my first was bought in 2002 - Unos with SUB225 bass and (also like yours) had a speaker-level only amp. The Unos were brought to my attention because Stereophile chose this particular model as their Joint Speaker of the Year. Robert Deutsch made a very good job of reviewing them and described exactly the sort of sound to expect. This was in contrast to my ATC Active 50s that I was using at the time and didn't like! The Unos were a breath of fresh air.

So your Duos are very similar except that the mid horn and mid driver is larger and the XO can be set lower. If you find that tilting backwards improves the sound with the mid-position used for the horns, perhaps it would be worth trying these horns fixed to the 2nd down position and standing them upright - or even the top position if that's not enough. A friend with your Duos used the top position but I thought the mid and top were far too high, but this depends on your listening position height and possibly room acoustics.

Changing the height of the horn tubes is easiest done by laying the speakers on their backs on a carpet. Then the horns are supported and it’s a single-person job. If you try doing this when upright you may easily damage something, even if 2 of you are doing it!

Speakers do need exercise so, if they haven’t been used since 2016, I would expect them to improve after a period of rejuvenation. Do they thump when the sub amp is turned on or off? Mine did, but there’s an easy fix that AG told me about. Also, if you hear a slight “scratching “ sound occasionally from the subs and fear that a bass driver coil may not be accurately aligned, this can also be fixed easily. Both these fixed require the amp to be removed, but at virtually no cost, my Unos’ amps were easily fixed.

You have a great pair of speakers that will reward you if you persevere with positioning and footers. Mine were improved with IsoAcoustic Gaias, even with the II version that is a little light for the Duos. You really need the Is. Good luck. Peter

EBITDAC

Jan 21, 2021
I'm with my third pair of AGs and my first was bought in 2002 - Unos with SUB225 bass and (also like yours) had a speaker-level only amp. The Unos were brought to my attention because Stereophile chose this particular model as their Joint Speaker of the Year. Robert Deutsch made a very good job of reviewing them and described exactly the sort of sound to expect. This was in contrast to my ATC Active 50s that I was using at the time and didn't like! The Unos were a breath of fresh air.

So your Duos are very similar except that the mid horn and mid driver is larger and the XO can be set lower. If you find that tilting backwards improves the sound with the mid-position used for the horns, perhaps it would be worth trying these horns fixed to the 2nd down position and standing them upright - or even the top position if that's not enough. A friend with your Duos used the top position but I thought the mid and top were far too high, but this depends on your listening position height and possibly room acoustics.

Changing the height of the horn tubes is easiest done by laying the speakers on their backs on a carpet. Then the horns are supported and it’s a single-person job. If you try doing this when upright you may easily damage something, even if 2 of you are doing it!

Speakers do need exercise so, if they haven’t been used since 2016, I would expect them to improve after a period of rejuvenation. Do they thump when the sub amp is turned on or off? Mine did, but there’s an easy fix that AG told me about. Also, if you hear a slight “scratching “ sound occasionally from the subs and fear that a bass driver coil may not be accurately aligned, this can also be fixed easily. Both these fixed require the amp to be removed, but at virtually no cost, my Unos’ amps were easily fixed.

You have a great pair of speakers that will reward you if you persevere with positioning and footers. Mine were improved with IsoAcoustic Gaias, even with the II version that is a little light for the Duos. You really need the Is. Good luck. Peter

My sub does thump when turned on? What’s the fix for that?

I’m definitely going to keep pushing on positioning. I noticed in your picture that your Gaia’s are on some kind of outrigger from the base of the sub. Is that a stock product, or did you have that made? My subs only have holes for footers/spikes underneath the cabinet.

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
My sub does thump when turned on? What’s the fix for that?

I’m definitely going to keep pushing on positioning. I noticed in your picture that your Gaia’s are on some kind of outrigger from the base of the sub. Is that a stock product, or did you have that made? My subs only have holes for footers/spikes underneath the cabinet.
OK, the thump on my sub amps was cured by the addition of a small resistor to a couple of terminals on the amp board. While you have the amp out, check the bias using a meter while adjusting a small pot on the board. Both very simple jobs - all you need is a multi-meter, a small screwdriver and a soldering iron - plus a couple of 47K resistors from Amazon, Ebay, etc. I bought these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DJZP34N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but I could have gone for 1/2 or 1/4 watt ones instead.

But check first that your amp matches the ones in the photos that I'll send to you by email if you send me a message to hearhere@onetel.com. I'll forward the instructions that the UK distributor forward to me from AG in Germany. The bias adjustment cured the slight scratching noise I was getting on one speaker and worth checking anyway as your amps are 18 years old and have probably never been out of their enclosures.

I fitted these rather fetching brackets to the bottom of the sub enclosure -

They are fixed using 3 small screws but don't use the supplied cones as the rubber tips will come out and damage your floor. Replace them with sturdy spikes or Gaias or similar feet using M8 threads - again a very easy and neat solution, particularly with my speakers after ditching the scaffolding. They give good stability too. Peter

PS - Happy to provide the photos and instructions to any other early AG Uno or Duo owners with similar problems.

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Thanks Jim. I saw your suggestions many years ago, but good to see them again. They differ slightly from the AG User Guide, but your setup is certainly better sounding. I'll re-check my old Duos when I reinstall them, although my horn tubes are now fixed by my F frames at mid-hole height for both tubes. I note that your setup has the horns slightly wider spaced so 2" further apart compared with "standard". I must say I never tried that.

Peter

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Trio LE 26 delivery

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Trio LE 26 installation

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Trio LE 26 first playback

Anil Kalagatla

Mar 2, 2011
Shoreline, WA
Wow, those look amazing! Congrats on the delivery, marslo. Have you decided on your subwoofers?

And that's a beautiful listening area as well, a great match for the speakers!

Anil

Reactions: marslo

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Trio LE 26 first playback

Awesome! Even the first playback sounds so much better on video, not sure what you are feeling in person, and it looks like you haven’t got the subs in yet?

Reactions: marslo

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Wow, those look amazing! Congrats on the delivery, marslo. Have you decided on your subwoofers?

And that's a beautiful listening area as well, a great match for the speakers!

Anil
Thank you.
I will start next week with two REL s/812 . If not satisfied, I will look for 231 XD subs.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing