Best audiophile switch

Show me the data, I'm always willing to learn. If not, shut thy piehole ;-)
Neither of us can know how he leverages empirical data in his design process. Given what he’s achieved, it’s very likely he does . Given the sophistication of his designs, I think it’s rather foolish to imagine that he lacks empirical data. But I am looking at it like an adult.

Last edited:
Neither of us can know how he leverages empirical data in his design process. Given what he’s achieved, it’s very likely he does . Given the sophistication of his designs, I think it’s rather foolish to imagine that he lacks empirical data. But I am looking at it like an adult.
What are you, Emile's son or do you own stock in Taiko? Relax.

I made statement alluding to the reality that - much in the audio industry doesn't have data backing purported results, that's a fact.

But you take it to a personal level. Take it down a level, Kenny.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69
There will always be audiophiles who want proof when others claim to hear something. It’s understandable—many people need evidence to be convinced. But hey, if you're open to learning, that's great! If not, well, let's keep it civil.
And there will always be audiophiles who categorize all audiophiles into two group - those that need proof and those that don't. If only all in life and audio were that simple.

I "need" nothing, but I observe everything. And the answer is - it depends, what claim, what sonic benefit and what does the data (reviewers, owners) tell me. But most of all I listen and A B when practically applicable. And over many years I've found many tweaks / upgrades yield little to nothing (sometimes the result is worse!) yet the reviews and owners rave about the benefits. It's easy to want to hear a difference in switches (for example) especially if someone is telling you that you will. It's part of being human.

Here's an easy way to tell how much your external network and switch matter sonically - Pick a song, start playing with your ethernet cable(s) connected. Then have someone disconnect the switch's cable to your server/streamer. If your streamer allows continued playing of the song, listen. I bet you'll be surprised. ;-)

As always, Happy Listening!

And there will always be audiophiles who categorize all audiophiles into two group - those that need proof and those that don't. If only all in life and audio were that simple.

I "need" nothing, but I observe everything. And the answer is - it depends, what claim, what sonic benefit and what does the data (reviewers, owners) tell me. But most of all I listen and A B when practically applicable. And over many years I've found many tweaks / upgrades yield little to nothing (sometimes the result is worse!) yet the reviews and owners rave about the benefits. It's easy to want to hear a difference in switches (for example) especially if someone is telling you that you will. It's part of being human.

Here's an easy way to tell how much your external network and switch matter sonically - Pick a song, start playing with your ethernet cable(s) connected. Then have someone disconnect the switch's cable to your server/streamer. If your streamer allows continued playing of the song, listen. I bet you'll be surprised. ;-)

As always, Happy Listening!
Indeed, it's crucial to rely on both your ears and the experiences of others. Your nuanced approach recognizes the complexity of audio gear evaluation, and it encourages others to stay critical and curious.

Regarding your audiophile switch for your Music PC streaming setup, am I correct your OCX clock + EtherRegen combo is fed by the Paul Heynes SR4T and not the HD-plex? Do you mind sharing if you use a- and b sides on the eR?

Happy listening to you as well!

Last edited:
Indeed, it's crucial to rely on both your ears and the experiences of others. Your nuanced approach recognizes the complexity of audio gear evaluation, and it encourages others to stay critical and curious.

Am I correct your OCX clock + EtherRegen combo is fed by the Paul Heynes SR4T? Do you mind sharing if you use a- or b sides?

Happy listening to you as well!
My TD streamer is plugged into the B side and all others into the A side. Both the OCX clock and EtherRegen are powered by an HDPlex PSU, the PH SR4T powers the JCAT nic in the server.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu