Best soctware for audio playback.

Mik Hogan

Jun 30, 2022
First, thanks for letting me join. I hope this belongs here. If not please relocate. I play most of my music on my computer tablet through the AUX input on my Yamaha cr 1020 receiver. I play through the software that was on the tablet when it was given to me. Jetaudio I believe. Is there better sounding easy to use programs out there. Nothing super complex because I'm 65 years old. Thank you for any suggestions.
Mik

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
First, thanks for letting me join. I hope this belongs here. If not please relocate. I play most of my music on my computer tablet through the AUX input on my Yamaha cr 1020 receiver. I play through the software that was on the tablet when it was given to me. Jetaudio I believe. Is there better sounding easy to use programs out there. Nothing super complex because I'm 65 years old. Thank you for any suggestions.
Mik
Hi Mik,
Thank you for joining us. What exactly a better software means to you? Easier to use? Functionality? Sound Quality? The answer to your question really depends on your needs.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
If you mean to play files then I like Amarra Luxe and Audirvana.

if streaming then I like Roon, although dCS Mosaic and other native gear apps can sound better.

Mik Hogan

Jun 30, 2022
Hi Mik,
Thank you for joining us. What exactly a better software means to you? Easier to use? Functionality? Sound Quality? The answer to your question really depends on your needs.
Thanks for your reply. Looking for something easy to use with good sound quality that also plays several audio formats.

audiobomber

Oct 13, 2020
Sudbury ON, Canada
Thanks for your reply. I have come across MusicBee in my research and it did catch my eye. I will look into it.
Why not, you've othing to lose, it's freeware. I tried Foobar2000, Linn Kazoo, JRiver, MusicBee, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Groove, QNAP Music Station, and several for Linux. I use USB Audio Player Pro with my Android phone.

I first learned of MusicBee from this post:

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing