Chronosonic XVX.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ron, you should watch Goliath, which is a legal drama starring Billy Bob Thornton. He is a lawyer who helps a small low priced speaker win the case against a big brand

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, your legal training is shining through. You have no difficulty speaking for someone else. If I were sitting in the jury box, I would request to hear from Keith directly. Absent that, I would not know what to think about what he thinks.

The Honorable Justice V. Picky One presiding calls KeithR to the stand!

KeithR, please place your right hand on Robert Harley's History of High End Audio and repeat after me . . .

Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you Loudspeaker God?

Reactions: KeithR

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, there is no absolute truth.

. . .

Where am I suggesting that there is an absolute truth here? I specifically wrote above that the driver incoherency is a "fact" to Keith and Kedar and others (that is their "truth") but not to Wilson buyers.

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Where am I suggesting that there is an absolute truth here? I specifically wrote above that the driver incoherency is a "fact" to Keith and Kedar and others (that is their "truth") but not to Wilson buyers.

Yes, nothing absolute, different truths to different listeners. I'm playing with your lawyerly approach to all of this. Alice found this out when she went down the rabbit whole.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Alice? Is she a WBF member?

Reactions: ALF

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
"Alice in Wonderland syndrome (AWS) is a rare condition that causes temporary episodes of distorted perception and disorientation. You may feel larger or smaller than you actually are. You may also find that the room you’re in — or the surrounding furniture — seems to shift and feel further away or closer than it really is."

Can be used to describe sound stage effects too

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
"We are all mad here" - Cheshire cat to Alice.

Assuming Peter is referring to Alice in wonderland and not the Alice, that like audiophiles, is in chains

Reactions: ALF

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
"We are all mad here" - Cheshire cat to Alice.

Assuming Peter is referring to Alice in wonderland and not the Alice, that like audiophiles, is in chains

Kedar, you are rolling, or on a roll, today. Love it.

Alice in Wonderland crawled from the natural down to the artificial. Grace told me to go ask her, and I walked up and out in the opposite direction, breaking free of those chains.

The other Alice, the one who does not live here anymore, is my metaphor for my old, "hifi" sound. She left the house when I got rid of stuff.

Alice lived in large tubes in the corners of my room,
I clapped at her once, but there was no bloom.
Her rack was too damped, I added a steel plate,
I deflated her air, and pointed her feet straight,
Her braids on the floor were too colored, that’s all.
And her song had grown dull, but I found van den Hul.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Kedar, you are rolling, or on a roll, today. Love it.

Alice in Wonderland crawled from the natural down to the artificial. Grace told me to go ask her, and I walked up and out in the opposite direction, breaking free of those chains.

The other Alice, the one who does not live here anymore, is my metaphor for my old, "hifi" sound. She left the house when I got rid of stuff.

Alice lived in large tubes in the corners of my room,
I clapped at her once, but there was no bloom.
Her rack was too damped, I added a steel plate,
I deflated her air, and pointed her feet straight,
Her braids on the floor were too colored, that’s all.
And her song had grown dull, but I found van den Hul.

There was a guy named PeterA
Who tried to write a poem one day
Though his words did rhyme
His process to making his sound sublime
Did bring out the cop of Hyperbolé

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
There was a guy named PeterA
Who tried to write a poem one day
Though his words did rhyme
His process to making his sound sublime
Did bring out the cop of Hyperbolé
Do not forget the serious question
Where Ron asks for introspection
While he shouts NO POLITICS with glee.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I think Keith's view is a preference. This is getting a bit philosophical, but this preference is, to Keith, a fact. It is a "fact" to you and to Keith and to the people who are WhatsApping you in agreement. Obviously it is not a "fact" to Wilson speaker buyers who do not hear the characteristic which Keith finds objectionable.

Exactly. It is 'his fact' garnered with his ears. This seems to be a blind spot to some who conclude perception different from theirs is not only different, but wrong or mis-guided.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
:p Which one is Ked? ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
:p Which one is Ked? ;)

The thread went off topic because Tang asked about Wilson Magico YG difference, so one of them is Tang. I just answered. And Peter broke into a song in the middle so he is the other

Last edited:
Reactions: XV-1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing