Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is simply hoarding behavior. There are no supply chain issues. It could be any commodity, just happens to be toilet paper at the moment.

I don't think Canadians (some) are any different than other people from the rest of the world.
Panic is not a Canadian invention...it's global. Everyone love toilet paper in times of pandemics.
It's soft, provides comfort, security, comes in large packages...size does matter.
_____

Meanwhile ...
https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/why-record-stores-are-being-hit-especially-hard-by-coronavirus/

Wouldn't be something to read tomorrow morning from health scientist experts that toilet paper attracts viruses. It's the perfect magnet to Coronavirus. That would take care of this faster than a Tesla from 0 to 60.

I wonder how many people publically say one thing, but deep down really want global warming to do it's thing Lol.
I’ve thought the same thing for a long time. England is well North of Wisconsin where I call home, but is like the tropics in comparison. I wouldn’t mind 20 degrees F warmer all the time. I’m even considering Atma-Sphere amps just to get my listening room up to 70 F in the summer. But if the planet got that hot the ocean currents would stop and the world would be a rather swampy, uninhabitable place.

I don't think Canadians (some) are any different than other people from the rest of the world.
Panic is not a Canadian invention...it's global. Everyone love toilet paper in times of pandemics.
It's soft, provides comfort, security, comes in large packages...size does matter.
_____

Meanwhile ...
https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/why-record-stores-are-being-hit-especially-hard-by-coronavirus/
Certainly not calling out Canadians. But there is some common seed that initiates the behavior.
But if there was a run on Molson, it might just be Friday...

Visas, and just air travel for them. It has nothing to do with driving across the border, or regular citizens to and fro.
US excluded of course...but visa and EU visa waivers excluded. Cant drive from Europe!

wow...paranoia out of control. I coughed in front of my computer screen and the damned machine turned on its anti-virus program!

Attachments

• IMG-20200313-WA0088.jpg
    IMG-20200313-WA0088.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 5
The Czech government has announced it will shut most shops and restaurants for 10 days, and ban foreigners from entering the country.

From Monday, foreign travel will be banned and foreigners will be barred from arriving in the country. Food stores, pharmacies, banks, post offices, gas stations and takeaway food establishments will be exempt from the closures.

The measures come after other restrictions including closing schools and banning public events such as sports games or concerts, were announced in recent days.

The Czech government has announced it will shut most shops and restaurants for 10 days, and ban foreigners from entering the country.

From Monday, foreign travel will be banned and foreigners will be barred from arriving in the country. Food stores, pharmacies, banks, post offices, gas stations and takeaway food establishments will be exempt from the closures.

The measures come after other restrictions including closing schools and banning public events such as sports games or concerts, were announced in recent days.
So basically, anywhere you likely will queue in line is exempt? Hmm...

We close our borders at noon today, all tourists and travelers not living
in Denmark will be turned back. All danish people traveling the world (about 100.000) are urged to return home while they can. Advice against all foreign
travel has been issued. :eek:

633FECA0-56B0-43F4-A09A-A8B08DFE520C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing