Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bartok is fine on low volume too

Reactions: Lagonda
12 rolls last me about 2 weeks, but i’m full of shit :rolleyes:
Be careful out there Bob !

We are very savy here on the Island. No hair, just clean air from the Pacific.

You too Lagonda, stay alert...this is very very serious.
I cannot be more serious than that saying it.

Makes sense.

I consider myself reasonable with numbers, money, investments, predictions, etc.
I admit that here I have zero clue where's the end of the global financial markets.
And the expert articles I'm reading from the expert analysts etc., they don't know either, and the ones who try to be smarter they know even less ...

No one wants to be the last person to sell. The markets don't actually have a reason to tank, since business as usual for almost everything on it is the same. It's just all about who gets to buy the dip.

However I don't feel sorry for anyone in positions that suck with the companies that are zero profit. Amazon doens't make a profit and it's down a bunch - on any other day it'd be making moves to make the value increase. Here's the irony, if it was a profitable company people would get some fat dividend checks with all the panic buying greatly increasing sales... I'm not saying I don't desire to make money on no profit companies, but they're also deplorable for actual economic stability and strength.

i m flying back to europe tomorrow due to corona .
Company orders , they are afraid that after thursday all flights will be suspended
A client asked for a person to come work in peru , but that includes 2 weeks forced quarantine in lima first :confused::)
All foreigners entering the country have to

Be extra careful boarding that plane; before, during and after.
And, wear a good quality mask.
Watch what you touch with your hands, and of course wash them real good.

My very bests in your voyage ...

What about with the search function

The search function for this one Ked is my brain.
When all activities (travelling, restaurants, concerts, schools, markets, etc., etc., etc.) are shut down almost globally (main country players ... USA, China, Japan, UK, France, Germany, ...) it has a tremendous negative impact on the oil and financial banking industries.

Me I think we haven't seen anything yet, and before we talk of the road to financial and health recovery it's going to be sunny and rainy several times ...
Hurricane and typhon and tsunami and tornado and volcano and fire and inundation and dry and monsoon ... seasons have better be minimum on the global climate change soundstage or the planet with the people living on it are not out of the woods until the next blue and red moon...the rainbow moon.

Amazon doens't make a profit and it's down a bunch

Where did you read that? Amazon has made money for a number of years.

• Amazon net income for the quarter ending December 31, 2019 was $3.268B, a 7.96% increase year-over-year.
  • Amazon net income for the twelve months ending December 31, 2019 was $11.588B, a 15.04% increase year-over-year.
  • Amazon annual net income for 2019 was $11.588B, a 15.04% increase from 2018.
  • Amazon annual net income for 2018 was $10.073B, a 232.11% increase from 2017.
  • Amazon annual net income for 2017 was $3.033B, a 27.92% increase from 2016.

Reactions: Ron Resnick
I thought they put it all back into other stuff. If they just divie it up then they'd be paying taxes.

I thought they put it all back into other stuff. If they just divie it up then they'd be paying taxes.

What they do with profits is unrelated to having them. They are making a ton of money. Today, the market was down 13% while Amazon was down only 5%.

Reactions: Ron Resnick
Well, someone's gotta deliver that Covid-19 self-test kit.

Maybe w that guy who's hoarded the 170k hand sanitizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing