Ddk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
There is no such thing as cancel police. There are consequences for actions taken. Even when you do something that is clearly good. Jesus was crucified.
Not referring to the case in point, and Jesus aside, but the consequences for actions taken are being determined by the enforcing body, hence the cancel police.

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, I'm not sure I'd have had the sheer chutzpah to bring Jesus into this. Methuselah, maybe. Or even Moses. But not Jesus.

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
not at all. It all came down to moderation and our Terms of Service. Unfortunately David doesn't like our moderators and made no bones that he doesn't want to be moderated by anyone
Fixed it for you, Steve.

It does not matter who moderates. I don't care who it is. He (along with a few select others) simply do not like, nor respect authority or rules of any kind. It just comes down to that. Nothing more, nothing less. We have been down this road before. Same dance, different song.

What they don't seem to realize is that it's not their playground and no matter how they view themselves on this forum? At the end of the day, they are just a member like everyone else. The forum will go on whether they are here or not.

With that said, it would be nice if he (as well as the other valuable members WBF has lost over the years) simply took a break instead of all the drama and joined back in with the discussions when they felt they were ready. There is no harm or shame in that.

Tom

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I spoke to David . He is not returning.
Very sad news

I enjoyed reading David posts.
Expert Audiophiles like David are very helpful in this forum.
I hope david return to this forum

Reactions: arj and Lagonda

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
It would also be nice if there was a moderator section somewhere that reported on members being moderated and the reason why.
That would eliminate speculation and misconception like whats hapening in the above posts.....

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Not referring to the case in point, and Jesus aside, but the consequences for actions taken are being determined by the enforcing body, hence the cancel police.
As nonsensical as t concept of the cancel police. If you pay the piper, you call the tune. and there are consequences for that too.

oeno

Jun 7, 2014
Fixed it for you, Steve.

It does not matter who moderates. I don't care who it is. He (along with a few select others) simply do not like, nor respect authority or rules of any kind. It just comes down to that. Nothing more, nothing less. We have been down this road before. Same dance, different song.

What they don't seem to realize is that it's not their playground and no matter how they view themselves on this forum? At the end of the day, they are just a member like everyone else. The forum will go on whether they are here or not.

With that said, it would be nice if he (as well as the other valuable members WBF has lost over the years) simply took a break instead of all the drama and joined back in with the discussions when they felt they were ready. There is no harm or shame in that.

Tom
Should forums such as this have norms? Are rules necessary to enforce the norms? Or should we rely on self-control and self-constraint…you remember…that wonderful human ability that so many practice in their daily life…

Obviously self-constraint does not work--by itself. Oh and those who have left this place have not always been those vitriolically spewing forth (cf Audiophile Bill).

And then do you want norms enforced by rules and administered by actual people?

Or do you want a free for all? There are many such forums around....

So often in (not always other) forums there is a wind blowing and a pissing contest under way….that’s a bad combination even for an online bystander.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
It would also be nice if there was a moderator section somewhere that reported on members being moderated and the reason why.
That would eliminate speculation and misconception like whats hapening in the above posts.....

What exactly would you like to know? If someone reports a post we generally respond back to that poster to explain our actions.

Or, are you looking to know that JoeABC was banned for x days because he did this and that?

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Are you even remotely serious with this utter nonsense ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: oeno

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Can I start bashing on Ching Cheng now?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@dminches or other moderators. How do we unregister ourself out of the forum?

Reactions: ALF and Lagonda

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Just because all three of us discuss any moderation issue doesn't mean we aren't taking responsibility. Most organizations work by committee. This is no different.

How do you take responsibility? As an employee, yes you could be fired but other than that there are no consequences to the three of you for your actions. You can't be wrong. Or, show me an instance where you were and your judgement was reversed. Very much in line with the coporatist attitude behind wbf.

Most participants are not aware of the strong political element at play here. Because it is verboten, it is an effective silent weapon. Please don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Fixed it for you, Steve.

Tom

Tom, I feel like you have a list of a “select few”. Of course the forum will go on without them. The members give the forum its value. Sure eyeballs drive ad revenue and there is value in that for the owners, but for the people who are here to learn things, it is the quality of the content and the information that is of value. We learn from those members who are willing to share their greater knowledge and experience with the rest of us. That is why some of the great content will not be deleted. That content is a gift from those who provide it and both the owners and the members are better for being able to access it.

Reactions: Amir and Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
@dminches or other moderators. How do we unregister ourself out of the forum?
Tango, don't forget that David chose to stop posting, he did not get banned ! I think the right course of action is for us, his friends to try to make him come back. We are a few that hate the moderation. You and i have taken our hits from them too, Marc is not exactly a fan of it either. Leaving is so final, i miss Bills post a lot and you are one of the most interesting posters yourself, lets work on getting David back instead. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing