Dedicated circuit for each outlet pair?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Identical length runs using identical wire for your multiple dedicated lines avoids ground loop
can ypu explain to me how or why . if you consider the many possible ground paths i cant see how . the only constant i can see is a larger ground and all grounds to one point . the ground needs to be many times larger then the conductors . the reason is this the voltage a ground must conduct to balance the sysem is very small there for the least path of least resistance rules here . having all grounds to one point helps to. now regarding wire lenth it can matter but ill bet very hard to even measure so enlsrging the ground conductor far exceeds exacting lenths . now one last item the outlet , if it is not an isolated grounding type all bets are off and many possible ground paths are possible , ground loops are when more then one device has a varied potential to power conductors bith neutral and hot leg . using an isolated putlet and all grounds being large and to one point is very good start . look at tripoint , equatech and many others all start with this basic method . some and i feel the best made audio prodcuts do two things that truly make them more bullit proof . one is an internal isolated balanced power supply , next input transfomers . this solves almost all ground loop issues . input tranformers alone should be on all audio products

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing