Denafrips product owners please fall in

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Hello,

I am interested in your opinion on the T+ as I am a Terminator owner myself with the 2019 card.

I would also like to have your opinion on adding Gaïa to my Terminator even if I upgrade it with the 2020 card ?

Is it as qualitative as a T+ ?

Thanking you
Gipe
The card upgrade is not required if u already have the V2. The Termy/Gaia combo gets you very close to a TP, but TP/Gaia should be end game territory. It’s just pure speculation on my side cause I have not heard the TP/Gaia combo yet as my Gaia is not back yet. I have heard the Termy/Gaia combo and TP on its own and so I’m assuming putting A and B together that the TP/Gaia should be a killer setup.
But as I said before, the Termy/Gaia combo is already playing at a very high level. As always YMMV. Cheers.

Reactions: CKKeung and Blake

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Oh yeah! Its party time. Looking forward to your reports, particularly when combined with the Gaia and clock cables.

Hi Blake,
Stay tuned sir, but the clock cables will be Canare for starters. Tellurium BNC cables have to wait till my wallet recovers though. LOL

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
But as I said before, the Termy/Gaia combo is already playing at a very high level. As always YMMV. Cheers.

I wish I still had my Termy to see what the Termy/Gaia combo brings to the table.

My temporary setup of Qutest/Gaia is sounding really good. I've not heard the TT2 or Dave but I have a hunch a Qutest/Gaia combo would clearly surpass a TT2.

And the Gaia is a much cheaper upgrade option than the Chord m-scaler.

Last edited:

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
Thank-you, I'll wait for next tests of combo with Gaïa.

Cheers

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Guys, I'll be getting an Iris in for a listen soon. Will report back with my findings. I'm so excited, as this will be my first time teaming the TP with a Denafrips DDC of any kind. Feel like a kid in a store. I have already made some Canare 75ohm cables to hook up the external WCLK input as well. Stay tuned dearies.

Reactions: Blake

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
I wish I still had my Termy to see what the Termy/Gaia combo brings to the table.

My temporary setup of Qutest/Gaia is sounding really good. I've not heard the TT2 or Dave but I have a hunch a Qutest/Gaia combo would clearly surpass a TT2.

And the Gaia is a much cheaper upgrade option than the Chord m-scaler.
Blake, I don’t quite understand the last para, can you shed some light please. U feel The Qutest/Gaia combo could be better than a TT2? What about the m-scaler? Thank you sir. Just curious with your findings.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Blake, I don’t quite understand the last para, can you shed some light please. U feel The Qutest/Gaia combo could be better than a TT2? What about the m-scaler? Thank you sir. Just curious with your findings.

Just speculation on my part for Chord Qutest/TT2/Dave owners. If you think of the Gaia and M Scaler as sonic improvement components and then consider the Gaia is a fraction of the cost of an M Scaler, it would be interesting to compare the sonic improvements from a Gaia/Chord DAC combo, to an M Scaler/Chord combo. And also, if a Qutest/Gaia could surpass a TT2 by itself. I feel pretty confident it would, but again, this is just speculation on my part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abyss Man

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
And here it is folks, the TP with Iris. This is Denafrips entry level DDC and what an entry it makes, especially being clocked by the TP. If you are in the market for a DDC you have to give this babe a work out. She is very good at what she does and dare say, kicks way above her asking price. I have had Singxer and Gustard in my chain before and dare say this is way better.

Connection was instant with no hiccups whatsoever. I tried it first without being clocked by the TP and it was already evident that this was something good. The I2S connection is very clean and quiet.

Fans of Denafrips are in for treat, if their entry level performs at this level. I am so glad I am one of them.

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    753.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    702.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

alvin1118

Nov 2, 2015
Singapore
www.vinshineaudio.com
61697374858__587063F3-BABB-4230-B907-8963E9DA2BE7 (1).jpeg

Awesome setup, from Canada with love.

Source: GAIA DDC +Terminator DAC
Pre/Power: KARAN
Loudspeakers: Eggleston Viginti

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
T+1.jpg T+ is now in the house.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Blake,
Brilliant mate, please do let us know of your impressions. Hope my Gaia arrives soon, but the Iris is doing a mighty good job of keeping me happy too.

Reactions: Blake

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Hi Blake,
Brilliant mate, please do let us know of your impressions. Hope my Gaia arrives soon, but the Iris is doing a mighty good job of keeping me happy too.

Are you running the clock output from T+ to Iris?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018

onsionsi

Nov 27, 2019
Great info Abyss Man!

Ok, my Gaia is up and running. I had a "dunce" moment that Alvin helped with. Basically, I was going UltraRendu > usb cable (Sablon 2020) > Gaia > Kimber D60 cable > Chord Qutest BNC input.

I was playing through Roon and forgot to disable DSD sampling as the Qutest BNC input doesn't support DSD playback. I had been playing usb direct from my UltraRendu to the Qutest playing DSD before the Gaia arrived and just forgot about that!

Brand new, just put in the system and not broken in at all and I can already tell this is something seriously special! H-O-L-O-G-R-A-P-H-I-C, 3-dimensional for days, spacious and super transparent.

I will report further once the Gaia has a chance to break in. I should have my Terminator Plus in around 3 weeks. So I will be able to compare Gaia performance with Qutest to Gaia performance with the Terminator Plus and then Gaia+Terminator Plus and clock cables attached.

Oh, forgot to mention, I am using a Kimber Kable Palladian PK 14 on the Gaia. Audiobacon nailed this power cord in his massive power cable review.

@Blake Do you need to add something to Gaia + Qutest after additional burn in?

Also I'm looking forward to read your comparison between Gaia with Qutest to Gaia with the Terminator Plus.

Can you please post a photo and a link from where you bought Kimber D60 cable?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing