Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Derainer

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Rainer,
How do you mount it on the bases, and could there be different bases approaches?
Best
E.

:)The easiest way is of course the combination with our turntable. :) This is perfectly coordinated.;)
02a-Dereneville Modulaire MKIII-kom.jpg
On the bottomside of all our tonearm types are special rows of holes in a grid.
These are used for screwing on the various bases.
Skizze-I.PNG

Another possibility is to use a tonearm base with the SME connection.
We have designed appropriate adapters for this purpose.
SME-Variante-II.PNG

Another example is this, with only one pole. We used that in Munich 2016 with the Sprocket-Turntable.

Unbenannt.PNG

In addition, I can show you various other solutions here. For example the tonearm base for a Micro-Seiki RX-5000.
This is how the tonearm bases for AirForce III or IV or also for a AS 2000 may look.

IMG_0164.JPG

Or the basis for an Invictus Turntable from the German company Acoustic Signature.

Armboard-Invictus-II.PNG
Armboard-Invictus-III.PNG

Other examples like for the AirForce One I already mentioned here.

For the huge Caeles I imagine the arm base like this.
But you can also make it in a completely different way.

Caeles-I.PNG

Caeles-II.PNG

And so I could continue the series of examples.

There is always and for everything a solution.
As we say in Germany: there is a suitable lid for every pot. ;)

best Rainer

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I have never experienced any change in sound/noise touching the phonostage.
I had two different units in my system at different times. They were quite sensitive to vibration. But I realize my room is full of audio karma unlike others :confused:.

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Tang,
No, you are right. DHTs’ extreme sensitivity to micro-phonic noise. Due to their large, bulky and weak construction, DHT tubes tend to vibrate with the tiniest external stimuli, so it is almost impossible to use a DHT for phono reproduction without breakthrough engineering solutions to inhibit sympathetic vibration in the DHT tube. Allnic’s patented GEL tube damper socket, based on liquid elastomer, mitigate micro-phonic vibrations in the DHT tube.

Therefore it is important to put the DHT 5000 away from an open board or platform like we do it with all our equipment.

The mounting drawing of Reiner show me it is possible to build a bases for the Derenville 5. so let’s wait for the next tests pretty soon. Thanks Reiner.

Best
E.

www.audiocirc.com

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The mounting drawing of Reiner show me it is possible to build a bases for the Derenville 5. so let’s wait for the next tests pretty soon. Thanks Reiner.

Best
E.

www.audiocirc.com

Just saw the config for Micro Seiki mounting which would roughly be the same as for AS2000. The Derenville will change the look of my AS from a Thor Hammer to Terminator and I could still keep 2 SME vintage arms. That would be one hell of a vinyl front. Group buy E? :D

Kind regards,
Tang

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
What are you guys waiting for ... just put your order for a new linear tracking arm.
You only have one lifetime, and there's less than half left of it.
It comes with a warranty...the worst it can happen is that you discover a higher music listening experience.

:)

Reactions: Derainer

Derainer

Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Here is the latest article from a renowned German HiFi magazine:

Excerpt from the Image-HiFi Magazine 06/2019
Author: Josef Bruckmoser

"There was pure music! I felt a little reminded of Rainer Horstmann's Dereneville turntable
with its laser-controlled tangential tone arm when I played it back via the DAC and the preamp section of the B.audio.

This analogue high-tech wonder work has always made the music sound as if there was no technology at all involved.

For me, the virtually non-existence of a record player was the lasting experience with the Dereneville Modulaire MKIII
and the Dereneville DTT-03 linear tracking tone arm.

This was also confirmed by a reader of the test report, who is now the lucky owner of a Dereneville Turntable incl. the DTT-03."

That's what the tonearm is,
Rainer

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
This weekend the annual Analog-Forum show in Krefeld, Germany, took place again. It was the same cozy affair as every year, and like most of the recent years also Rainer showed his gems.

I was pleased to see the newest version of his linear tracker with the scaled down housing, the first time for me to see this one live. I must admit that as much as I like the looks of the original version, as much I do prefer in fact the sleeker look of this new design. It matched perfectly the Micro Seiki RX-5000 replica it was mounted on. The pictures below really don’t do the visual appearance justice.

But Rainer told me that technically the arm is exactly the same as the original one, just a modified arrangement of components to accomodate everything in the smaller package, and that both arms are available in parallel. So it’s basically a design driven decision which one to take: the bolder looking original version or the sleeker new one.

Now I’m only missing a bit of spare change...

IMG_1839__Dereneville_1200px_web.jpg

IMG_1845_Dereneville_1200px_web.jpg

IMG_1847__Dereneville_1200px_web.jpg

IMG_1848_Dereneville_1200px_web.jpg

Derainer

Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Hi dear friends,

for the new year 2020 I have a little eye candy for you. ;)

My linear tracking tonearm Dereneville DTT-05 is on test at a German high end magazine.
As luck would have it, it also fits perfectly on the Air Force III

01-Airforce III DTT-05.jpg

When the test is completed, I will provide an English translation here.

All the best to you for 2020 :)
Stay healthy, everybody

Rainer

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hi dear friends,

for the new year 2020 I have a little eye candy for you. ;)

My linear tracking tonearm is on test at a German high end magazine.
As luck would have it, it also fits perfectly on the Air Force III

View attachment 60348

When the test is completed, I will provide an English translation here.

All the best to you for 2020 :)
Stay healthy, everybody

Rainer

That is fantastic! I am very happy for you, Rainer!

I have only limited actual experience with linear-tracking tonearms, but in theory and from what I have heard myself I love them in general!

I hope the reviewer finds your tonearm completely spectacular!

Last edited:
Reactions: Derainer

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing