Entreq Tellus grounding

Hello,
I have Entreq S. Tellus with Atlantis boxes that feed the Pre and Computer Audio Device drive (CAT) plus 2 Receivus on the mono amps. I would like to try the négative amp speaker connection with 2 Silver Minimus as some of you did with sucess. But I ask myself if I would better proceed another way that would be to replace S. Tellus with a Poseidon for négative speaker output for the mono amps and Pre and add an Olympus Minimus for the CAD CAT. not sure if I need in that case to keep the Atlantis box for feeding the Poseidon.
Of course I Will ask PO's advice but would like to know your opinion or experience with Olympus Minimus (Poseidon is 3 Olympus Minimus in one box) in place of the Silver Tellus.
Thank you for your answers.

Hello,
I have Entreq S. Tellus with Atlantis boxes that feed the Pre and Computer Audio Device drive (CAT) plus 2 Receivus on the mono amps. I would like to try the négative amp speaker connection with 2 Silver Minimus as some of you did with sucess. But I ask myself if I would better proceed another way that would be to replace S. Tellus with a Poseidon for négative speaker output for the mono amps and Pre and add an Olympus Minimus for the CAD CAT. not sure if I need in that case to keep the Atlantis box for feeding the Poseidon.
Of course I Will ask PO's advice but would like to know your opinion or experience with Olympus Minimus (Poseidon is 3 Olympus Minimus in one box) in place of the Silver Tellus.
Thank you for your answers.

I use the Atlantis with the OT and while it does offer a worthwhile increase in tonal density and mid bass punch , it is more effective on the ST . That is provided you have upgraded to the bigger Atlantis cables first . I do not think the Atlantis will fully mesh with the Poseidon , as the P box is 3 isolated chambers and you would I think be connecting the AT to only one post . Keen to ground the -vie amp terminals myself , will keep you posted if I do . Cheers

Poseidon is UK£3k, and equivalent to 3 fully isolated Olympus Mini's, that would cost UK£1700 each, so a sort of bulk discount.
For me, the amp spkr -ve grounding has been a bit mixed. A good impvt in s'stage and imaging, but on balance a little too much warmth and loss of snap.
I'm going to pass for the time being, but may revisit w/Poseidon instead of the Silver Minimus ground boxes that were used in the trial.
Also planning to try out Olympus Tellus in parallel w/my existing Silver Tellus, and Atlantis leads. And maybe a Powerus.
YMMV big time on all this.
For me, Silver Tellus box and 8 Apollo ground leads to all my components has been wholly positive, as well as Silver Cleanus/Olympus Mini. But atm, Atlantis add-on box/swap to 8 Atlantis ground leads, and this amp -ve spkr terminal grounding, hasn't justified itself in my system.

Thanks John.
Do you have a price for the Poseidon yet

The UK price is £3,000 just had that confirmed with Fraser of Kog.

Been experimenting with amplifier output grounding on the negative binding post on my two Devialet units. Tried Challenger Eartha first, sounded broken... horrible sound. At that point was ready to give up on the basis that this particular tweak didn't work with the Devialet.

Then swapped out Challengers for Apollo. Wow!!! Huge improvement. The really interesting thing is that it sounded so good off-axis. So outside of sweet spot. The main thing seemed to be an improvement in timing and a holographic soundstage. And the consistent soundstage at different seating positions. It was incredible actually.

Then tried Atlantis. Brand new ones so didn't expect much. Oh wow. Some really interesting things started happening. As I left the music playing it seemed to get better and more profound. You could really feel the musicians communicating with one another through the music and the dynamic shading was just incredible! Piano was out of this world.

Really want to try Olympus or Poseidon next... this tweak has taken my already souped up Devialet to a new level. :)

Guillaume

Been experimenting with amplifier output grounding on the negative binding post on my two Devialet units. Tried Challenger Eartha first, sounded broken... horrible sound. At that point was ready to give up on the basis that this particular tweak didn't work with the Devialet.

Then swapped out Challengers for Apollo. Wow!!! Huge improvement. The really interesting thing is that it sounded so good off-axis. So outside of sweet spot. The main thing seemed to be an improvement in timing and a holographic soundstage. And the consistent soundstage at different seating positions. It was incredible actually.

Then tried Atlantis. Brand new ones so didn't expect much. Oh wow. Some really interesting things started happening. As I left the music playing it seemed to get better and more profound. You could really feel the musicians communicating with one another through the music and the dynamic shading was just incredible! Piano was out of this world.

Really want to try Olympus or Poseidon next... this tweak has taken my already souped up Devialet to a new level. :)

Guillaume

Thanks Guilluame,
The amp grounding with two Silver Minimus has been very successful in my system too with Apollos to date so good to hear of your positive experience.
Yes the Poseidon looks very interesting and better value than the Olympos Minimus so like you am very tempted to try it and similarly the Olympos Tellus. Not sure how much bigger the latter is compared to the ST and how easily it will fit into my rack.
Keep us posted.
Barry

I use the Atlantis with the OT and while it does offer a worthwhile increase in tonal density and mid bass punch , it is more effective on the ST . That is provided you have upgraded to the bigger Atlantis cables first . I do not think the Atlantis will fully mesh with the Poseidon , as the P box is 3 isolated chambers and you would I think be connecting the AT to only one post . Keen to ground the -vie amp terminals myself , will keep you posted if I do . Cheers

Hi Cuntigh.
Agree with Jazzhead,
Subject obviously to POs advice I think Poseidon sans Atlantis for the amp grounding would be the best option.

Hmm, I swim against the tide a little.
That'll help my aerobic fitness (useful in a sedentary hobby).
Just felt warmth issue introduced enough doubts for me to postpone and revisit. Maybe Poseidon and Atlantis leads at a later date.

Guillaume, how does one use the twin-spade Atlantis w/single-post Silver Minimus'? It's a single terminal at the amp end and a single post at the grounding box end. I thought the whole pt of Atlantis leads was to spread the two spades to separate ground posts.

Just checked the Entreq site.
Good news - PO has at last got round to detailing the dimensions of the ground boxes!
Makes planning a bit easier.

Yep, Olympus Tellus hernia-inducing! Into Troy SE ott-ness

Hmm, I swim against the tide a little.
That'll help my aerobic fitness (useful in a sedentary hobby).
Just felt warmth issue introduced enough doubts for me to postpone and revisit. Maybe Poseidon and Atlantis leads at a later date.

Guillaume, how does one use the twin-spade Atlantis w/single-post Silver Minimus'? It's a single terminal at the amp end and a single post at the grounding box end. I thought the whole pt of Atlantis leads was to spread the two spades to separate ground posts.

Can also to one post , doesn't hurt . A mention for their wraps , opened a new can of worms .... Ground two wraps back to the OT .... Hello !!!! No brick wall to improvement in sight ........

Last edited:

I'm not sure it really matters in this setup, after all you would have the same issue with an Olympus Minimus or Poseidon.

It's certainly working very well at the moment but I'm very curious to arrange a demo of the Poseidon. When I do that I will compare Apollo to Atlantis Eartha cables again.

Guillaume

Guillaume

In addition to the negative binding posts, do you have the Entreq connected to other grounding points on your Devialets?

What have you done to "souped up" your Devialet?

Yes Guillaume, but how does one connect the three spades at the spkr terminal end (twin Atlantis' and spkr cbl), my screw-down connector JUST has enough leeway for the two spades of the Apollo and spkr cable, I cannot get a third spade in. Is your connector a lot more accommodating?

Guillaume

I am really confused (but interested!). Which of the Entreq cables you are using are earth and which are speaker cables? Are you keeping the Transparent Reference XL digital interconnects - an excellent choice BTW - in your 400 system?

In addition to the negative binding posts, do you have the Entreq connected to other grounding points on your Devialets?

What have you done to "souped up" your Devialet?

Yes I have a second pair of Atlantis Eartha cables connected to my Devialet dual mono units so I am now doubling up.

By souped up I mean all the power, grounding and cable tweaks, nothing under the bonnet as such.

Guillaume

Yes Guillaume, but how does one connect the three spades at the spkr terminal end (twin Atlantis' and spkr cbl), my screw-down connector JUST has enough leeway for the two spades of the Apollo and spkr cable, I cannot get a third spade in. Is your connector a lot more accommodating?

The Atlantis Eartha cable has one spade at the hifi end and two spades at the ground box end so it's no problem at all. :)

Guillaume

I am really confused (but interested!). Which of the Entreq cables you are using are earth and which are speaker cables? Are you keeping the Transparent Reference XL digital interconnects - an excellent choice BTW - in your 400 system?

You bet I'm keeping the Transparent Ref XL SPDIF between my two units! I've compared it to a few others including Entreq's Apollo one (with matching ground cable) and the Entreq didn't come close.

My current setup is Chord Sarum speaker cable (feeding Wilson Sasha 2), Transparent Ref XL SPDIF (between Devialet units) and AES/EBU (between totaldac d1 server and Devialet master), Atlantis ground cables and Silver Tellus for signal grounding duties and Atlantis mains cables (with matching Atlantis ground cables connected to a separate Silver Tellus box).

Guillaume

Sure Guillaume, I mistakenly thought it was 2 spades BOTH ends.
So you connect the twin spades to the single post of S. Minimus box, obv.
Another vote for the superiority of Atlantis leads over Apollos.
I will visit w/this configuration, and also Poseidon, at later date.
The third Poseidon ground post can take up duties for grounding my S. Cleanus passive filter, and also try Olympus Tellus, which w/my pre existing S. Tellus will provide a total of 10 ground posts to accommodate 8 twin spade Atlantis leads.
And then ground direct to the mains via the dedicated Olympus Tellus mains grounding post.

You bet I'm keeping the Transparent Ref XL SPDIF between my two units! I've compared it to a few others including Entreq's Apollo one (with matching ground cable) and the Entreq didn't come close.

My current setup is Chord Sarum speaker cable (feeding Wilson Sasha 2), Transparent Ref XL SPDIF (between Devialet units) and AES/EBU (between totaldac d1 server and Devialet master), Atlantis ground cables and Silver Tellus for signal grounding duties and Atlantis mains cables (with matching Atlantis ground cables connected to a separate Silver Tellus box).

Guillaume

Thanks. I am using a Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU between the Metronome Claypso and Devialet and a Transparent Reference SPDIF between the 200's.
Still fighting with the mains cables - I have never seen a system changing so much with the power system and cables!

Changing sound w.pc's and ic's. Oh my gosh, I'm glad I don't have to go there again. Upgraded Sablons were hair/teeth pulling to start, but total serenity since.
Stick w/it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu