Entreq Tellus grounding

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden
Correction:
I meant to say that using 18 ga pure solid silver wire in a teflon jacket is better than the Atlantis cable. IMHO.

ozzy
Correction:
I meant to say that using 18 ga pure solid silver wire in a teflon jacket is better than the Atlantis cable. IMHO.

ozzy
I don´t use to comment, but this time I think I must clarify.
We´ve had over and over again told on our site that it´s not sure the most expensive cable will be the best in your system. It´s all depends on your system and your conditions. In some systems Eartha Atlantis are outstanding. In another Atlantis will be to dull and heavy.
There is a reason that we have so many different Eartha cables. There are so many variables out there and one system and place is not like another.
The cable you use is close to our Eartha Silver that use 16 gauge Infiniti treated silver
Please compare your cable with Eartha Silver Infinity instead and please let let me know your impression.
It could be that you still prefer your own cable, but at least you compare cables in the same level.
Best
PO

Reactions: Tecknik1

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Well I own the Atlantis cable and the 18 ga solid 999 silver is just as good. I could not tell the difference.

What do you think the Atlantis cable is made of? From what I can tell based on the looks of the spade it is a light gauge silver wire.

ozzy

Last edited:

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden
Atlantis have 2 conductors made of twisted silver. Each conductor 2 square mm.
Best
PO

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Perhaps but the total gauge is a little thinner than 18 gauge.
And maybe not as pure as .999 soft annealed solid silver as I am now using.

ozzy

P-O

Feb 16, 2016
Sweden
I´m not so familiar with gauge. We use square mm in Sweden, so I´m not 1000% sure.
But as far I know, 18 AGW is equal with 1 square mm which means that Atlantis have 4 times more area. But you are right, the spades are made of 1,3 mm silver. And it ´s 99,9 silver

Reactions: gkg2k

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for your information.
I have tried various gauges (10-18Ga) and found that the best is with using the 18 gauge wire. I treated it first with Furutech Nano liquid and then inserted it into a high quality teflon tubing. I am not using any connectors just bare wire hook up.

ozzy

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
Just a short update on Entreq customer service.

I've sent back most of my power cords back to Sweden for shorten to 110cm length as standard length was too much in my system and I had problems with cable dressing. On the way to Sweden DHL passed my parcel to local carrier and it got lost. During this hard time with Covid PO found time to look after my parcel and supported more than it's his job - finally it got lost at local post office.

I've got all my cables back after just a few days and toke the chance to upgrade and attach Infinity tubes on my non-infinity Challenger level power cables. Unbelievable what happend - everything is just so much more transparent and 3d - never thought it will change so dramatically with just adding tubes on it and be ablet to have a much neater cable dressing.
On my Brinkmann Spyder desk I replaced the standard Grounding cable with an Entreq Infinity Apollo eartha cable connected just to a very basic diskon Grounding box - shared the port with Lumin U1 Mini that is also grounded - it offers such a more black background now when listening music.

Finally I would like to thank to PO for his Special effort - Entreq offered me best customer service I've ever had and was best decision to go full Entreq loom! In times of Covid I enjoy every minute listening for hours to my system without getting bored - it makes me happy every day and was worth every pence so far!

How much is it to upgrade to entreq cables to Infinity? I gave up like Ozzy. No replies after several emails last year from Entreq's "contact us"or direct email.

Zorro8888

Jan 6, 2020
Hi Forte

U can go to Audio Sensibility. They have 2 types grounding cable
The AS statement is very good n cost you around CAD $ 300++

Another option Lessloss oso have grounding cables with various option. U need email them for bigger mm. 4.6mm sure drain

Remember the bigger mm u need at least 2m. Short cable will congest the sound

Try 1 spade to box and 1 to wall socket
Another 1 to ur power distributor
U will hear huge noise floor drop

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
Hi Forte

Another option Lessloss oso have grounding cables with various option. U need email them for bigger mm. 4.6mm sure drain

Hi Forte

Thanks Zorro.
So you recommend to get at least 4.6mm thickness and at least 2m long? I am guessing you have tested thin vs thick and short vs long?

Maragoo

Nov 3, 2017
I did not upgraded my cables to Infinity - my power cords got shortened ans stayed at non Infinity level. All my EA was allready at Apollo Infinity level and had just been shortened ans reterminated.
Entreq now announced a bayonet plug so that changing to a different connection type will get even easier!

I ever will prefer the Entreq Eartha cables with their know how over others brands that jump just onto grounding stuff now because the saw how important that is and what great improvements can be done (and that they can earn money..)

Zorro8888

Jan 6, 2020
Hi Forte

Grounding cable is better within 1.5m to 2.5m lenght. If u use 4.6mm to 5.6mm Cross sectional wire the drain is very powerfull. U need at least 2
For 1.5m u still can use 4.6mm preferable on Pre Amp or low power equipment.

I will recommend u to ground 2 points 1st. Using Lessloss Ground cable per below :
Plug Option: USA
This is the IeGO Dreamworks model Ti2000(M) 8085CT-Gu, which features cryogenically treated 99.99% purity, gold-plated copper from Furukawa, Japan.
It is made according to the NEMA 5-15 (North American 15 A/125 V grounded) standard. ONLY THE GROUND PIN IS CONNECTED.

2nd Grounding to your Power Distibutor Ground Post. If you do not have 2nd Grouding to your Source ( cd , streaming , TT )

U have to understand Olof stated that higher range cable does not mean will perform better than lower range.
Using powerfull Ground cable might not = better sound. Just like 200w amp might not sound better than 50w Class A
Its all about ur system Energy Control
Example : If ur system energy level is 7/10 u use Olympus Infinity urs system mostly will sound bad due to over Energy
So u need start slowly at the beginning point which is 1st Wall power socket. Along the way the Wow factor will diminish due to ur energy getter improve till a level u
need to put a stop

But u also need to understand if u use expensive Ground cable for whole system it will cost u way more expensive than ur equipment.

Im using Lessloss and AS ground cable on my 1st point.
Whereas my Sourcd CD and TT is using Atlantis Infinity with Olympus Infinity Ground Box

So far Atlantis Inifinity is the most balance , natural organic sound vs other cables. Ive bought it at Stillpoints during clearence. If at full price i rather use lessloss
cuz its just dint justify from price point
U need consider Entreq cable cuz used market always sell 50%. If u buy full price with ur dealers u will lose hell a lot

In d end u need to try and trial leave it 3 to 4 weeks before the next upgrade. Ur ears will tell u

Never try never know. Forum is juz sharing experience. My opinion its juz pinch of salt.
If any one have better grounding cable than Atlantis Infinity at lower price im sure hell try it.
But definitley not from some guy DIY himself using 16AWG

Reactions: Forte

Zorro8888

Jan 6, 2020
A note to add . If u use powerful Ground cable u need to match with good ground box
Otherwise its just wont match.

Audio Therapy

I have now taken delivery of the new Entreq Primer Pro Oasis DC Power Supply, this is a brilliant little box of tricks, it can power anything 12V-20V and also run as a battery (around 6-8 hours) at the flick of a switch. Replace the PSU on your router, Roon Nucleus or any other suitable piece of equipment and get an instant uplift in performance over the basic Walwart unit you get with most equipment . I'm getting wonderful results on my demo Roon Nucleus+, I have never heard Roon sound so engaging.

It works brilliantly on its own, but connecting the Oasis ground point to a ground box does take things up a level as well.

There is also an Apollo version available as well, the power supplies themselves are the same, it is simply the grade of DC cable that makes the 2 versions different.

Also an image of the new Empire Apollo Switch/PSU I installed last week for a customer.

Link

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j8kyfj]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j8kyeY]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j8kJwM]
https://flic.kr/p/2j8kJwM[/url][/url][/url]

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Hey zorro,
What does your system consist of? And what do you think the Atlantis cable is made of? It is just a wire in a cotton sleeve.

ozzy

BigAlMc

Jun 20, 2020
Hi All,

I've just dipped my toes into the Entreq waters so hopefully you'll forgive what might be a daft question.

Did my best to read this great thread but it's a bit long.

Bought a Tellus II and the Konstantin Infinity cable which I've connected to the RCA output of my DAC.

Also ordered two of the Audio Sensibility cables (as inspired by this thread) for connecting to my power amps.

Think I hear a slight improvement so far but changed a few things recently so not entirely sure.

I've read that the difference from an Entreq can take from 4 songs to 4 days to kick in.

So my question is how long does it take to stop working?

If I want to A-B it to see its not my imagination then does disconnecting it lead to an immediate increase in noise / decrease in SQ? Or does a ground plane or whatever take a while to build back up?

Apologies, if that's a dumb question but figured I'd seek the guidance of the more seasoned Entreq-ers :)

Cheers,
Alan

BigAlMc

Jun 20, 2020
Anyone?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi...happy to share my own experiences with Entreq and Tripoint. My own experience has been:

1. First 20 minutes, certain words in choral music or details in deep house music become more understandable. Syncopated rhythms in deep house music become much clearer because the timing is sharper...i cannot imagine it is really about timing as much as the edges of beats are sharpened up a bit so start/stop relative to another start/stop are tighter. Perhaps about 65% of the overall benefit
2. Then 24 hours to 80%-85%
3. Then about 24-48 hours to finish.

If you take one cable off, it is instant. This was first demonstrated to me at Audio Exotics...i had never even heard of Tripoint before...an interesting effect. The connection is broken...and it takes the same period of time above to get it back.

I absolutely respect those who have technical background and discard these as useless. I can only say that when I can hear specific words of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis or Bach's choral works which I could not understand before...that to me is a result I am happy to accept. And not being a techie, I could not pretend to understand let alone explain.

FWIW, on a more subjective but still 'honest note', I have on 3 occasions in the last several years turned on the system...gotten irritated 2 hours in thinking there must be something with the power...or am I full Class A bias on the Gryphon...check, check, check. Ok...have work to do so ignore...irritating...might need to re-tube which i hate doing...then finally get up again out of irritation because i am so distracted while working, take a peek around the back and there you go...one of the cables had accidentally disconnected. Put it in and 20 min later it starts to do its thing again. As honest a reaction as i can share with you.

That has happened 3 times...once because a friend came over to help clean up after a party and used the vacuum cleaner at the end of the night and must have knocked it loose. The other 2 times, I am pretty sure I did it myself after watching late nite movies when trying to straighten up the blu-ray player or something.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Raizen and BigAlMc

BigAlMc

Jun 20, 2020
Hi...happy to share my own experiences with Entreq and Tripoint. My own experience has been:

1. First 20 minutes, certain words in choral music or details in deep house music become more understandable. Syncopated rhythms in deep house music become much clearer because the timing is sharper...i cannot imagine it is really about timing as much as the edges of beats are sharpened up a bit so start/stop relative to another start/stop are tighter. Perhaps about 65% of the overall benefit
2. Then 24 hours to 80%-85%
3. Then about 24-48 hours to finish.

If you take one cable off, it is instant. This was first demonstrated to me at Audio Exotics...i had never even heard of Tripoint before...an interesting effect. The connection is broken...and it takes the same period of time above to get it back.

I absolutely respect those who have technical background and discard these as useless. I can only say that when I can hear specific words of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis or Bach's choral works which I could not understand before...that to me is a result I am happy to accept. And not being a techie, I could not pretend to understand let alone explain.

FWIW, on a more subjective but still 'honest note', I have on 3 occasions in the last several years turned on the system...gotten irritated 2 hours in thinking there must be something with the power...or am I full Class A bias on the Gryphon...check, check, check. Ok...have work to do so ignore...irritating...might need to re-tube which i hate doing...then finally get up again out of irritation because i am so distracted while working, take a peek around the back and there you go...one of the cables had accidentally disconnected. Put it in and 20 min later it starts to do its thing again. As honest a reaction as i can share with you.

That has happened 3 times...once because a friend came over to help clean up after a party and used the vacuum cleaner at the end of the night and must have knocked it loose. The other 2 times, I am pretty sure I did it myself after watching late nite movies when trying to straighten up the blu-ray player or something.

Hope that helps.

Brilliant - Thanks @LL21

I've been toying with an Entreq or grounding solution for years. Just trying to get my head around it as all a bit vague.

Don't get me wrong. I've learned the hard way in this hobby to suspend the 'science' and trust my 'ears' But still helps to understand the parameters in which to try to test the old ears as to what's going on.

Really appreciate you sharing your experience.

Cheers,
Alan

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Alan,

Happy if it was helpful...just one person's experience. There are many here with loads of experience as you will have gathered.

Reactions: BigAlMc

moby2004

Jan 21, 2018
Hello,

I owned a Poseidon box which was unfortunately taking the dust.
I can now plug it again but I have a question which might sound stupid. I want to connect the Poseidon to my amp through the negative speakers output. However I have also a Rel subwoofer and the ground cable of the Rel subwoofer is also connected to the negative speaker outputs of my power amp ( but the Rel is not connected to the Entreq box)
Is it safe to proceed ? Anyone mixing Entreq,amplifier connection and Rel subwoofer ?

Thanks and regards
Alex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing