Evolution of Waversa Products and keeping units at optimal performance.

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
As we know digital audio is evolving rapidly. Collin Shin is very forward-thinking and over designs his hardware to allow for future updates. Sales in North America has grown to a level that I am no longer able to keep track of current owners and alert them to new updates that require attention beyond the firmware updates offered virtually. Updates are frequent and recommended monthly or at least biannually.

When WAP / X FPGA was released this allows for WAP / DSD and that was enabled by a firmware update. If your firmware is current, then your unit performs WAP / DSD when WAP / X is on.

No updates required for the DAC3, DAC3c, VDac - if purchased new April, 2020, or had a physical FPGA update done on or after this date. If you reside in N. America and you own a new or used unit purchased before this date, please contact me for updating.

If you have any questions if your unit is current now or in the future, please PM me to determine if the unit is indeed current. Again, with emphasis, I recommend updating the Firmware on a regular basis.

Newer generation products are able to even reflash the FPGA chip remotely when the firmware is updated over the internet. This is done now with minimal additional steps by the consumer. Some updates when prompted ask for a two-part update with a repowering of the unit in between update stages. The headphone amp, router (Both with an April 2020 purchase or physical update), and slimLITE currently exhibit this feature.

More items will also be inclusive to this list moving forward. Please email me with questions. info@kevalinaudio.com.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing