Films by Quentin Tarantino & All that Comes with them ... the good, the bad & the ugly ...

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Haven’t seen the current QT film since it hasn’t had a 4K BR release, but I will buy it when available. I like them all, even though they seem to have similar themes. That’s just his style.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Garbage after 1994.

So you're good with Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction?
They both depict extreme violence, inhuman torture, blood, drug overdoses, ...

What his other films have that you hate and that those two above don't?

Me personally I thought that Inglourious Basterds and The Hateful Eight were quite violent and bloody.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
How many films has Quentin Tarantino made (& why does he count it wrong)?

Who's right, and who's right?
He said 9, some say 10, I'd say 11 plus 2 partial.

If and when he makes his next one (he said that it would be his last, then he'll retire), whatever it will be...Star Trek or an horror movie, ... according to his calculation that would make 10.
Me I'd say 12 plus two partial.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 is one film to him, released in two different years, a year apart.
It's two films to me; first film (part 1) and its sequel (part 2).
His very "first film"* wasn't that short, he doesn't count it, I do.

* 'My Best Friend's Birthday':
70 minutes (original version)
36 minutes (remaining version)

But the director is right; it's just that he counts not right from some people who do.
We let him count as he wish, hundred years from now nobody will care. ;)

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bruce Lee ... the inspiration for Kill Bill
https://www.thewrap.com/bruce-lee-quentin-tarantino-manson-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood/

"Lee’s influence on Tarantino can’t be overstated. For example, the yellow suit he wore to battle Kareem Abdul Jabbar in “Game of Death” inspired the one Uma Thurman’s Beatrix Kiddo (aka The Bride) wore as she took out the Crazy 88, Gogo Yubari and O-Ren in “Kill Bill Vol. 1.” There might never have been a “Kill Bill” if not for Bruce Lee’s influence on American culture."

'Kill Bill' (both vol 1 & 2) and 'Pulp Fiction' are my two favorite Tarantino's flicks.
And some of the cinematography in 'The Hateful Eight' is the best.
His music choice (tunes) reminds me of Marty Scorsese's impeccable choice of his own music tunes. But nothing beats Ennio Morricone's music scores in Sergio Leone's flicks...another Tarantino's film's inspiration.

Last edited:

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Say Quentin Tarantino is here right now; what would you like to tell him?

The question is for anyone who have something to say about his films, a particular one, all.
If we don't like a speaker we say it, if we don't like a music album we say it, if we don't like a film, a film director ...

It matters, everything matters.
I would tell him I ddn't enjoy any of his films. I liked small bits within most of them. I have never walked out of the theater after one of his films thinking it was good or deserving of any awards.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I would tell him I ddn't enjoy any of his films. I liked small bits within most of them. I have never walked out of the theater after one of his films thinking it was good or deserving of any awards.

You are not alone Jim. His films are not for everyone.
I respect all these people. Their opinion are certainly very valid.

If Quentin Tarantino was taking part of this discussion I don't know where I would start.
Perhaps @ the beginning, with Reservoir Dogs? I just don't know; it would come in the moment's flow ... and Pulp Fiction would be a big part of it, and so is Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2.

I think I would mention to him about some of the cinematography in The Hateful Eight.
And also some of the dialog and acting in that same film.

He's a filmmaker with an influential impact for sure, one of them. ...The good with the bad and the ugly. What percentage of each is to each viewer to determine his own level.

Some people love the guy, others hate him. I respect the guy. With time his true legacy will endure ...
I don't hate his films; they are a blend of sharp dialog, doses of humor, violence culture, western movies influence, Hollywood style, noir and red, yellow and blue.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing