Game of Thrones | Season 8 | Official Trailer (HBO) and episode one synopsis

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Arya is going to kill Dany. I can’t see it any other way

Cersei got off too easy

And Jaime who was mortally wounded sure had a second life trying to rescue Cersei

The unknown still is Sansa
PERFECTLY in agreement with you here Steve. Couldn't have said it better myself.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
PERFECTLY in agreement with you here Steve. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wow an agreement on an audio forum

Reactions: DaveC and KeithR

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
My thinking has Arya or Jon killing Dany because of the horror they saw, felt and were shocked by. Hard to tell which one.

Bran and Sansa are indeed the wild cards. But Sansa does not have an army and Bran is a space cadet with no obvious strengths other than to be able to see the history and future. Useful knowledge but how does he act upon it?

I can’t ‘see’ anything further. Who, how wins the Throne - If anyone!
It will be a Republic with a Senate. Arya will kill Green eyes...who left with Green eyes. The killing of the children and mothers has pissed her off.

Drogon will be loyal to Jon as a Tragaeryan. Sansa will be Warden of the North.

Reactions: christoph

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I dunno about Arya. She's already offed the Night King. What's she going to do? Use her left hand this time? :)

What I hope doesn't happen is that it is Aria that bites it. They have a way of killing off those the fans have become enamored with. She and Tyrion are the favorites of many, many fans. I know they are mine. Sniff.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
What makes no sense to me is Jon Snow. If he was in love with Dany and didn't want the throne he would've respected Dany's advise to not tell anyone about his lineage, and he wouldn't suddenly be unable to show her affection. The fact they are related is a little weird but they didn't grow up as family and their parents aren't even alive.

IMO, the rampage Dany went on is somewhat believable given her history and feeling that she's being betrayed by Jon, but I simply can't believe Jon would behave as he has, it's just too stupid and short-sighted, and completely disregards his feelings for Dany and the experience he has gained over the years. He's just not that naive anymore, and he's not stupid.

I also don't think Varys is that stupid either, his actions contributed to Dany's feelings of betrayal and thus contributed to the murderous rampage he was willing to give his life to avoid. IMO he'd see that as a possibility and should have/would have remained faithful to Dany and attempted to influence her to not destroy all of King's Landing.

It all makes me care less about how it'll end.

I did like Dany's tactics for avoiding the scorpion's arrows though, they simply can't change aim fast enough to track a moving dragon that understands their weakness. They got a few shots off, but after Dany got behind the iron fleet they were history and the low-to-high maneuver approaching the castle walls allowed her to get behind them... after that they had no chance.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Last week the iron fleet killed one of the two dragons within minutes but now the whole fleet was vaporated immediately by only one dragon? C'mon pls...

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I did like Dany's tactics for avoiding the scorpion's arrows though, they simply can't change aim fast enough to track a moving dragon that understands their weakness. They got a few shots off, but after Dany got behind the iron fleet they were history and the low-to-high maneuver approaching the castle walls allowed her to get behind them... after that they had no chance.

+1. Not to mention coming from the clouds in the first place for reduced visability. The first real strategy employed this season :)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Last week the iron fleet killed one of the two dragons within minutes but now the whole fleet was vaporated immediately by only one dragon? C'mon pls...

That was one of the worst parts of the episode, Rhagal was hit with an arrow before they even noticed Euron's fleet. There's a lot about that entire encounter that makes no sense at all.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
so you must have hated Ned Stark's beheading all the way back in S1. come on now, the entire series has been based upon the unexpected.

Come on now, it made all sense up until now. All of a sudden Daenerys becomes a destroyer of people instead of a liberator and for what, so that Jon has nothing to claim anymore if she destroys it all? Arya who killed the Night King didn't know where she was going or doing now. Cersei who's always been as hard as a rock reduced to a bundle of tears. Only thing that felt right was the Lannisters brothers/sister love, the Sandor/Gregor epic fight and Jon that didn't know what to do when the whole battle became a massacre.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My wife feels that Jon Snow is a smart dude just as Davec said. He didn’t kiss her the way she wanted and felt he betrayed her. Then when Jon saw all of the death and destruction she created my wife fdiesntvfeel he could still live her and agrees that Jon not Arya who will kill Dany. But what will happen to Drogon

My wife also likes the spin between Sansa and Tyrion and feels sonething good will happen between them.

And yes the unexpected in this series is what makes it great. Remember Sansa’s Oldest brother and what happened to him

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Come on now, it made all sense up until now. All of a sudden Daenerys becomes a destroyer of people instead of a liberator and for what, so that Jon has nothing to claim anymore if she destroys it all? Arya who killed the Night King didn't know where she was going or doing now. Cersei who's always been as hard as a rock reduced to a bundle of tears. Only thing that felt right was the Lannisters brothers/sister love, the Sandor/Gregor epic fight and Jon that didn't know what to do when the whole battle became a massacre.

I think this is what Martin likely intended, just not as quickly as he would do it. It felt rushed, but the story arc was completely there for awhile now. She was betrayed by everyone, had no advisers left to trust or steer her in the right direction. She even telegraphed her response in the "mercy" speech - and in some sense, she is right - Cersei manipulates everyone else. Why do you think she kept innocent civilians inside the gates? Dany hasn't been a great leader in several seasons now, I just think people love Emilia Clarke. And she definitely has exhibited Targaryen rage in the past.

If the series had gone in a Jon/Dany fly into the sunset story, everyone would be pissed too. Jon not wanting to love his Aunt doesn't seem so out there either. I think the writers went in the right direction with the Mad Queen and as a result no one knows how it ends next week, right? The only other way I could see it is if Cersei killed Dany this episode, but Jon won the last battle or something. But instead, we got the curve ball that we didn't get with the much less believable battle with the Night King which rang hollow despite the wonderful footage.

Steve Williams

This link is from the Hollywood Reporter and seems to answer all of the questions that "drikus" stated yesterday....

I thought it was a terrific read

Critic's Notebook: In the End, 'Game of Thrones' Finds a Way to Make Its Woman Problem Worse

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I watched the episode again and absolutely loved it. The fact people are still arguing about Dany's turn is what makes Thrones exceptional.

Remember when she crucified the Mereen nobles along the wall? Remember when she burned the Tarlys to a crisp against her advisers? Remember when she found out Jon's lineage that the first thing out of her mouth was that he had a better claim to the throne?

If Jon and his army had destroyed King's Landing instead of Drogon, would we have cared?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Jon kills Dany in the throne room. Sansa becomes queen... Jon goes back to the north to guard the wall and reacquaints with Ghost, his wolf. Evidence of white walkers show up with weird animal deaths up North. Bran repairs the wall with his magic.

Reactions: KeithR

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

There is a big difference between a drone and a plane being piloted. Remember, when the Night King through a staff and both times scorpions were shot at Drogo it was Dany that piloted him out of the way. The other dragons were killed when they didn't have pilots controlling them.

Steve Williams

There is a big difference between a drone and a plane being piloted. Remember, when the Night King through a staff and both times scorpions were shot at Drogo it was Dany that piloted him out of the way. The other dragons were killed when they didn't have pilots controlling them.

I never thought of that possibility

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
I cringed as I watched Dany's long telegraphed lean toward the Mad Queen, but love the episode and twists. Given the history of the show to tear up the obvious story lines such as with the Red Wedding, I have to wonder if instead Jon will be killed by Dany while likley giving Arya the chance to kill her and her dragon leaving Arya, Tyrion, and Sansa to sort out the kingdom with the Targaryen's and dragons gone. There are many theories that put Arya as the "prince that was promised" with her story/song of fire and ice being the Night King followed by the Dragon Queen.

Of course then there are Dany's visions from long ago of the snow falling on the Iron Throne, which could be reality or maybe signifying Jon Snow on the throne rather than her, as she never sat in the throne in her vision.

Sunday is definitely going to be an edge of your seat episode wondering who will get the better of who and who will be left at the end!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing