Goebel Divin Noblesse Speakers in Da House!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I thought i would post a few videos comparing the monoblocks. Please tell me your thoughts!

Kondo Kaguras

Engstrom Erics
You are torturing the Kagura showing these two vids Howie.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Everyone agreed the Engstrom is much better?
I prefer the Engstrom too and a brave choice to play the cool Noah Gundersen version from his new acoustic album.
cheers

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
That's a dream system, incredible!

I loved the Engström Eric's video, there's a sense of continuity or coherence to it compared to the Kaguras, which to me seems to have something going on in the lower midrange that shrinks or impedes the vocals to flow freely compared to the Erics. I don't know if it's fair to say it when listening to a video of both instead of being there, but that's what I hear. The Erics must sound stunning in person, congratulations!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

I loved the Engström Eric's video, there's a sense of continuity or coherence to it compared to the Kaguras, which to me seems to have something going on in the lower midrange that shrinks or impedes the vocals to flow freely compared to the Erics. I don't know if it's fair to say it when listening to a video of both instead of being there, but that's what I hear. The Erics must sound stunning in person, congratulations!
I think that is a good way to describe it...did not know much about Engstroms...very interesting!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Additionally the engstrom are more transparent, have a higher dynamic range and nuance. The kagura color and have a sameness in each note. The contrast in notes is not there

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I prefer the Engstrom too and a brave choice to play the cool Noah Gundersen version from his new acoustic album.
cheers
Love this singer. Going slowly through his albums. What a voice!

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Okay two more videos this time its Martin Zeller fron MA recordings playing Bach's Cello Suite in G Major No. 1
Kondo

Engstrom

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
the new Marquis are 92 db efficient and only around 41 inches tall. They will work great with tubes and they will be available this month!
What’s the frequency response for the Marquis?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: howiebrou

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
here are the preliminary specifications. I don't know if there have been any changes however this should give you a good idea of what they can do.
We were able to transform the awesome sound qualities, the outstanding and unique technologies and design properties of the Divin series to a smaller foot print.

To name a few of the unique technologies and key design properties:

- We use the same world wide unique 8 inch midrange chassis, which is enhanced through our bending wave technology, as we use in the Divin Noblesse and in the big Divin Majestic.

- We use the world wide unique 12 inch long throw bass chassis in a 8 ohm version, as we use in the Divin Noblesse.

- We use a heavily modified AMT tweeter, coupled to a big wave guide, with a perfectly adjusted tractrix curve progression, milled out of full aluminum, as we use in the Divin Noblesse.

- We use a constraint layer damping enclosure construction with tropical room proof resin bounded enclosure material with kinetic mass damping on special locations of the enclosure, as we use in the Divin Noblesse.

- We use the same symmetrical bass reflex arrangement enclosure in order to minimize distortions as we use in the Divin Noblesse and in the big Divin Majestic.

- We use the ceramic foam coupled internal helmholz resonators in order to totally control internal enclosure resonances, as we use in the Divin Noblesse and the Divin Majestic.

- We use the same proprietary stainless steel feet, which perfectly couples the enclosure to the ground through big Siliciumnitrid ceramic balls of the highest quality, as we use in the Divin Noblesse and in the big Divin Majestic.

- The crossover parts are of course also top notch from Mundorf and Duelund with multiple in house epoxy resin vacuum impregnations, as we use in the Divin Noblesse and the big Divin Majestic.

- The time and phase behavior over the complete frequency response is excellent, as it is within the Divin Noblesse and the big Divin Majestic!

- We could achieve a high real sensitivity of 92 db / 1 W / 1m.

- Also the impedance behavior and electrical phase behavior is extremely even, so it can be controlled and driven by nearly any amplifier!

- For the best possible finish, we of course use the same real piano polyester lacquer highest grade made in Germany, as we use for the Divin Noblesse.

The technical specifications:
Principle: 3-Way, high sensitivity, symmetrical bass reflex loudspeaker
Driver: 1 pcs. Göbel® High End proprietary longthrow Bass chassis (12 inch), 1 pcs. Göbel® High End proprietary midrange chassis (8 inch), significantly improved Mundorf AMT with massive aluminum wave guide
Housing: Acoustically optimized, constraint layer damping, tropical room proof, resin bounded composite board with max. 75 mm thickness
Standard finish: Real piano lacquer black, aluminum parts in black ultra matt soft touch with silver colored high lights. Any finish is possible on customer request!
Sensitivity: 92 dB / 1W / 1m
Frequency response: 21 - 28.000 Hz (-3dB)
Impedance: 4 Ohm
Dimensions: 118 cm (H) x 41 cm (W) x 72 cm (D)
Weight: 150 kg without packaging

Reactions: gds7368

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Love this singer. Going slowly through his albums. What a voice!
As you know Oliver used those amps in Munich on the Majestics two years ago with excellent results

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
As you know Oliver used those amps in Munich on the Majestics two years ago with excellent results

Yes. They seem to be a particular good fit with these. I guess you have heard them endless times with your CH gear but have you heard any other tube amps driving them?

Reactions: jeff1225

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Congratulations on your purchase of Divine Nobelesse! I have heard them several times at shows when we demonstrate with our Dealer, Elliot Goldman. I've also heard them at several times at Bending Wave Audio in South Florida in their purpose built sound room and find them an excellent match with our electronics. Oliver Goebel is a talented, dedicated designer. They produce beautiful products and I wish you many years of enjoyment.

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Yes. They seem to be a particular good fit with these. I guess you have heard them endless times with your CH gear but have you heard any other tube amps driving them?
We were going to exhibit with VTL at Axpona however that was postponed and probably won't happen soon. I would like to hear them with ARC, VTL and VAC as they all make some very good gear but its not feasible right now. I was thinking of asking my friend at ARC to send me some to try now that we are in isolation LOL

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
A big congrats Howie. Much, much prefer the Eric as well. Would love to hear them with Air Tight ATM 3211. Are you planning to try the Robert Koda M160 even though it's SS? I posted a request for a couple of other tracks on Youtube if you get a chance and no worries if not possible. Enjoy and many thanks for sharing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing