Goebel Divin Noblesse Speakers in Da House!

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
i thought it might be interesting for members to hear about something fun whilst many of us are cooped up with Covid-19 controlling our lives. Last week i had the pleasure of taking ownership of a pair of Goebel Diviin Noblesse Speakers together with a Robert Koda K15Ex preamp and two pairs of monoblock tube amps, both on loan. One pair is the Engstrom Eric monoblocks and the other is a pair of Kondo Audio Note Kaguras.
I had previously listened to the Goebel Divin Majestic but not the Noblesse so this was a gamble of sorts. They replaced a pair of Stenheim Reference Ultimes which are incredible speakers as well and were driven by a Orpheus Reference preamp and Ultimate Reference Monoblocks from Switzerland. Whilst I found that combo very good, I was longing for a bit more tube magic as I always do when i switch to solid state amps. I had the Kaguras for a couple of days before the Goebels arrived and they made the Stenheims sing much better than the Orpheus gear.

For those of you who have not had the chance to see the Goebel Divin speakers in person, please try and see them and hear them. I'm not a fan of black speakers in general, but the depth and colour of the black of these speakers has to be seen to be believed. I was told there is some connection with the piano black lacquer applied to Steinway Grand Pianos. I can believe it. The paint is almost 3 dimensional and extremely alluring.

I'll post some photos but the system is basically as follows:

1. Analog: Acoustic Signature Ascona Mk 2 with SME 3012R-G with Ortofon SPU Century and Ikeda 407 12" tonearm with Ikeda 9Gss cartrige ; Clearaudio Master Innovation with Glanz MH-124S tonearm with Ortofon SPU Century and Thales Simplicity II tonearm with Ortofon Anna cartridge. Avid Acutus with SME V and Benz LP-S.
2. EMT Phono amp with Airtight SUT
3. Digital: Taiko Audio SGM Extreme + Goebel USB + Lampizator Pacific Dac with RK KR PX-25 tubes and KR 5U4g Rectifier / Psvane Acme 274b Rectifier
4. Robert Koda K15Ex preamp
5. Engstrom Eric tube monoblocks / Kondo Kagura tube monoblocks
6. Goebel Divin Noblesse Speakers 95db 580Lbs with Goebel Speaker Cables.

Attachments

• Goebel.jpg
    Goebel.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Very nice! Enjoy!!!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Congratulations Howie. The finish is a real piano lacquer finish not an automotive finish. The finish takes 45 days to complete for every pair! You can see they are almost mirror like in the result. Enjoy!

Reactions: CKKeung

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Congratulations Howie. The finish is a real piano lacquer finish not an automotive finish. The finish takes 45 days to complete for every pair! You can see they are almost mirror like in the result. Enjoy!

Thanks Elliot. Please extol the virtues of this speaker since you know them far better than I do.

My kids think they look scary! I told them they are speakers Darth Vader uses...

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Congratulations Howie
I listen very well this speaker during my visit to Gobel company and I like a lot
For me the best speaker I listen in my life together with Aeon Reference,but cannot use tube with Aeon
Ciao
Gian

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Congratulations Howie
I listen very well this speaker during my visit to Gobel company and I like a lot
For me the best speaker I listen in my life together with Aeon Reference,but cannot use tube with Aeon
Ciao
Gian

Thanks Gian. The ability to use tubes is a big draw for me. Yes you might get some more low extension and control with an enormous solid state amp but to me the magic is elsewhere and that is the domain of tubes, at least for the music i like.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Congratulations Howie
Ciao
Gian
the new Marquis are 92 db efficient and only around 41 inches tall. They will work great with tubes and they will be available this month!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thanks Elliot. Please extol the virtues of this speaker since you know them far better than I do.

My kids think they look scary! I told them they are speakers Darth Vader uses...
They Noblesse is even more efficient but of course much larger and higher priced. I have lived with them for over a year now and also have placed them in different rooms. They will play loud and soft, they have great dynamics and are capable of soft delicate intricate passages as well as move and launch a huge wave of sound and have powerful excellent Bass.
Howie, I suggest you play with the placement in your room and the angle towards the listening position. I think you will find that not too difficult to nail and also the speaker should be angles up a little and the feet allow you to that relatively easily. Make sure all the feet are extended and the fronts should be extended more than the rear. My feeling is that when you get them broken and aligned you will be amazed.
Enjoy!!
By the way Darth Vader has not yet bought a pair!

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
They Noblesse is even more efficient but of course much larger and higher priced. I have lived with them for over a year now and also have placed them in different rooms. They will play loud and soft, they have great dynamics and are capable of soft delicate intricate passages as well as move and launch a huge wave of sound and have powerful excellent Bass.
Howie, I suggest you play with the placement in your room and the angle towards the listening position. I think you will find that not too difficult to nail and also the speaker should be angles up a little and the feet allow you to that relatively easily. Make sure all the feet are extended and the fronts should be extended more than the rear. My feeling is that when you get them broken and aligned you will be amazed.
Enjoy!!
By the way Darth Vader has not yet bought a pair!

Yes, definitely. I toed them in but I'm happy just to let them settle before I play around with their positioning. The great thing about these speakers is that I think I have finally found a pair that is delicate but all encompassing when you need them to be. They are definitely not your super high resolution speaker though which is exactly what I don't want yet their coherence is quite staggering. Basically the sound coming from them can be quite beautiful with a hint of sweetness (or may be that is the tubes talking). This is a keeper i think for many years.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Stunning and beautiful environment too! Enjoy and look forward to your thoughts about how your prior Steinheim Ultimes compare with your new references!

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Howie. The speakers and the room look amazing!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing