Goebel Divin Noblesse Speakers in Da House!

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Market is full of companies that always upgrade to sell more like ARC pre reference 1,2,3,5,6,my Intosh 601 then 611 and many others
Now with crazy price we have to do attention which product buy

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Getting back to the room, I did have some apprehension about the Gobels as they are quite a lot wider than the Stenheims. Luckily they have turned out to be less affected by my room boundaries than I feared. Even less so than the Stenheims given the extra width and hence closer wall distance. May be the lack of two 12 inch rearward facing drivers that the Stenheims had helps?

Reactions: CKKeung

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
It's a commercial island from Bertos with 4 gas jobs, a French top and 2 induction stoves and two gas ovens. You can tell I like cooking. The Marriot here has the same one. I have a Clearaudio Microwave with LPS and using Argento power cord. Grounded with Tripoint as well of course. If you heat up food with a Stillpoint LP weight on top it tastes better. When I serve I place a DS Audio Ioniser to help remove the static from my Dead Sea salt flakes.
Maybe you can see if VPI can make you a copper fork and knife to east with! :) Don't forget to sit on a chair that is isolate by acoustic decoupling devices

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Maybe you can see if VPI can make you a copper fork and knife to east with! :) Don't forget to sit on a chair that is isolate by acoustic decoupling devices
Copper has some anti Covid-19 properties so may be that is a good money maker!

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I know Howie. I talked to Oliver yesterday about building a copper Noblesse and that way we can KILL too birds with one speaker LMAO.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
A copper Noblesse might actually look quite nice...
custom colors are available on all the speakers they just take a little more time to get and cost a few dollars more.

Reactions: howiebrou

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Getting back to the room, I did have some apprehension about the Gobels as they are quite a lot wider than the Stenheims. Luckily they have turned out to be less affected by my room boundaries than I feared. Even less so than the Stenheims given the extra width and hence closer wall distance. May be the lack of two 12 inch rearward facing drivers that the Stenheims had helps?
It really isn't about the width of the speakers but rather how the speaker launches in the room and the type of drivers. Many speakers for example that use domes have lots of off axis reflections that can be very difficult to overcome in some rooms. Thes devices require significant room treatment to calm down

Reactions: howiebrou

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
It really isn't about the width of the speakers but rather how the speaker launches in the room and the type of drivers. Many speakers for example that use domes have lots of off axis reflections that can be very difficult to overcome in some rooms. Thes devices require significant room treatment to calm down
I don't know Elliot, the Divin's stance is KICKASS! I'm sure that larger width is helping with the bass response. You can tell quite a bit from a speaker's physical shape the Divin's just look right from every angle.

david

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I don't know Elliot, the Divin's stance is KICKASS! I'm sure that larger width is helping with the bass response. You can tell quite a bit from a speaker's physical shape the Divin's just look right from every angle.

david
David
The speaker is kick ass but I was referring to the nasty side wall reflections that some speakers create. Many speakers with domes can do this. The Divin have amazing powerful bass and they don't fire from weird angles. I find that they can be close to side walls and toed in with excellent results. Would I like to see a wider room? Probably but we can only deal with the spaces we have to work with. Having them in my room which is 16 by 23.3 and also having them in larger rooms at both RMAF and Axpona allowed me to see what they could do in these large spaces . The sound even though far from perfect in these hotel rooms with fair to poor acoustics still offers the space to really show some of what is possible. I have the Marquis now set up in my space and they are incredible in moderate/medium size room.
I like the way they look as well and Oliver is a perfectionist in every aspect of the product down to the flight cases.
Stay safe and listen to music!

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
True. I think they appreciate power although I am coming to the realization that many other speakers do regardless of efficiency or load.

Do the Goebels respond to lots of solid state power ?

Btw this dude interviewing Oliver and the team is soooo cringey.. and he calls it 'gable'. LOL. Hes a home theatre reviewer and you can just feel how awkward the interview is.

Reactions: spiritofmusic

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
He was a pleasant kid and as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity.
Tobias if we are talking apples and apples more power is never a bad thing. I prefer the Noblesse with a large amp whether that is tube or SS is not really the question. It is always about the quality of the electronics. I have heard the speakers with both. I use CH Precison personally and I am a big fan of their gear.

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
He was a pleasant kid and as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity.
Tobias if we are talking apples and apples more power is never a bad thing. I prefer the Noblesse with a large amp whether that is tube or SS is not really the question. It is always about the quality of the electronics. I have heard the speakers with both. I use CH Precison personally and I am a big fan of their gear.

I guess when you have the option for lower power tubes to get a 'magical' sound you want then being able to is a big advantage with Goebel divin line as oppose to other big dynamic speakers that need a lot of power.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing