Gryphon PowerZone 3

I’m seriously considering purchasing the 3.20. The slight brightness is not something I want, as I am a running Focal maestro evo. Does this go down after full burn in? At this budget we are firmly in the Stromtank territory and I actually auditioned an s1000 and it was quite amazing, however also slightly sterile at times.

I’m seriously considering purchasing the 3.20. The slight brightness is not something I want, as I am a running Focal maestro evo. Does this go down after full burn in? At this budget we are firmly in the Stromtank territory and I actually auditioned an s1000 and it was quite amazing, however also slightly sterile at times.
From my experience it is reduced quite a bit after 2 weeks of use but there are certain tracks that are bright in the way they are recorded I’ve played those tracks when I put the PZ in service and 2 weeks later and it’s definitely not as bright. 1 month is the time per Paul Hafner. I can see your concern with Focal speakers.

Did you end up purchasing the PZ3? I too have the Puritan 156 that my noise sniffer seems to admire as do my ears.

I asked my Gryphon dealer about the PZ3 and they encouraged me to look at Transparent power conditioners instead even though they rave about all of the other Gryphon offerings. And they know my current setup pretty well. I may have to find another dealer here in the US if I want to audition the PZ3.

Btw, I too also have the MSB Reference DAC.
I don't like to bash on stuff but Transparent power conditioners suck. Direct to the wall with amps is way better.

Did you end up purchasing the PZ3? I too have the Puritan 156 that my noise sniffer seems to admire as do my ears.

I asked my Gryphon dealer about the PZ3 and they encouraged me to look at Transparent power conditioners instead even though they rave about all of the other Gryphon offerings. And they know my current setup pretty well. I may have to find another dealer here in the US if I want to audition the PZ3.

“I asked my Gryphon dealer about the PZ3 and they encouraged me to look at Transparent power conditioners instead even though they rave about all of the other Gryphon offerings”

This May of already

“I asked my Gryphon dealer about the PZ3 and they encouraged me to look at Transparent power conditioners instead even though they rave about all of the other Gryphon offerings”

I may be late to this party but what Gryphon dealer in there right mind would recommend Transparent over the PowerZone? This makes zero sense too me.

I can help you with if you are looking for another US Gryphon dealer. That the one you talked to said what they said speaks badly for them. I borrowed mine to two people and six bought after hearing it. I love mine and would not hesitate to buy a second if I had a need to do so. You should drop a note to Gryphon and inform them about this dealer. IMHO.
I only want a dealer who honestly says his opinion even though I may not agree with him. I do not want a dealer who is always on the side the manufacturer not customer. Asking someone to report to Gryphon because he says bad thing about powerzone. Wow. That is too much.

I agree with you, a fair opinion from a dealer is a good point. Having said that I hope dealers can listen to components before deciding to sell it or not. I sometimes got the impression that dealers follow other commercial reasons rather than purely sound quality. For instance they take care more of “sales opportunities” than customer pleasures or needs.
This is the first time Gryphon offers a power “conditioner/optimizer/purifier” on the catalogue, many dealers might already have other brands in this camp. This shouldn’t be a factor.
I’m not referring to the dealer you mentioned above, that I don’t know at all, just to dealers around here I suspect might apply commercial interest over transparency in their choices.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu