Hello from Bonn in Germany

nemu

Jun 25, 2018
Hello everybody!

This is just my second posting in this forum. The first one introducing you to the tonearm GrooveMaster II, which I like so much ( https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/groovemaster-ii-tonearms.26575/post-536655 ). Please apologize not to introduce myself first.

I live in Germany in typical semi-detached house near Cologne at the river Rhine in the former capital Bonn. Listening to music I have two passions. The first one being active loudspeakers and the second one listening to vinyl.

Right now I own six pairs of active loudspeakers, all German made. Four pairs are quiet small and are spread around the house to be able to listen to music everywhere, like e.g. in the kitchen. These are not attached to any turntable. Out of convenience they play music using Roon. Two pairs of active loudspeakers are in my listenning room under the roof of my house. These are Geithain 901K and Backes & Müller BM18. Since the models are probably not known to everyone, please allow me to post pictures of them.

StAn-1.jpg
Picture 1: Geithain 901K in parking position

StAn-2.jpg
Picture 2: Backes & Müller BM18 (15 years old and sadly not build any more)

Listening to vinyl I mainly use my two turntables Dr. Feickert Firebird and Dr. Feickert Blackbird. The Firebird beeing equipped with two 12'' tonearms GrooveMaster II and SPU cartridges (stereo and mono). The Blackbird beeing equippped with Kuzma 4Point tonearm and vdH Colibri cartridge, as well as Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 tonearm and Kiseki Purple Heart cartridge.

GrovemasterII-11.jpg
Picture 3: Dr. Feickert Firebird with GrooveMaster II tonearms

GrovemasterII-9.jpg
Picture 4: Dr. Feickert Blackbird with Kuzma tonearms

I love music. What is better after a long workday, than to put up a record on your turntable and to listen to the music. This helps me very much to relax.

I am looking forward to take part in discussion in this forum and to learn from other members.

Best wishes from the river Rhine
Stephan

Last edited:

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
Hi Stephan,

Welcome to WBF. Nice to finally find you around here as well. And good to have another active loudspeakers afficionado on board, something I found to be not too common here on this forum.

Looking forward to probably seeing you around at Shakti's next workshop in two weeks.

Swen

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Welcome Stephen, what phono are you using? Which version of colibri?

nemu

Jun 25, 2018
@jackelson
Hi Swen! Yes I have allready noticed that your are also a member of the whatsbestforum. I am looking forward to seeing you at Shakti's workshop.

@bonzo75
Thanks for welcoming me! The Colibri I am using is a simple XGP, sounding even and neutral. A great cartridge!

As phono preamps I am using:
  • Thoress Phono Enhancer for my Ortofon SPU GM E MKII -> Hashimoto HM-7 step up transformer and my Kiseki Purple Heart
  • BlueAmp Model 42 MKIII for my Colibri XGP
  • Graham Slee Accession for my Ortofon SPU Mono CG25 Di MKII -> Sowter 1480e step up transformer
  • Hoerwege Phono-MC EVO (as reserve, equipped with battery pack)

Reactions: bonzo75

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome !

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Hello from Munich or Dresden ;)

In my opinion active speakers are often overlooked in the high end arena. :rolleyes:
(Not so much in the studio environment)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Stephan!

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Hi Stephan,
missed to welcome you here as well!

See you on the analog audio association fair next weekend :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing