Hello, I am Nyal!

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Hi everyone

Just joined this forum last week. My name is Nyal, I live in the Bay Area (SF). My day job is at macys.com where I am part of the business strategy team, planning out new projects and initiatives a year or two before they go-live. I also have a side business called Acoustic Frontiers, that does acoustic design and system setup / calibration for both high end audio listening rooms and home theater.

I am a member of the Bay Area Audiophile Society, but have only managed to make it to two events so far. My system is Linkwitz Orions, which I have lived with for many years and are wonderful speakers, with DIY bass amps based on Hypex UCD180 modules, Pass Aleph3s and a Weiss DAC2. I've been on the computer audio bandwagon for about 5 years, back in the day when I had to DIY my own USB to SPDIF converter. I DIY quite a lot; all my cables are DIY and I am also designing some new speakers which aim to take the principles of the Orion but combine them with multiple sub approach to bass goodness. All actively and digitially XO'd.

Outside of audio I also love mountain biking. Proper biking mind you, jumps and drops, not just a loop of china camp :)

Wow I never knew there was ANOTHER BAAS!! I'm always interested in meeting other audio dudes, especially if I end up finding music that I've never heard before. Being of the younger generation (however you define that, I'm only 31!) I only found Stevie Ray Vaughn last week...

Wow I never knew there was ANOTHER BAAS!! I'm always interested in meeting other audio dudes, especially if I end up finding music that I've never heard before. Being of the younger generation (however you define that, I'm only 31!) I only found Stevie Ray Vaughn last week...
You puppy! I saw SRV in concert a couple of times. And I don't consider myself part of the *older generation*. HA!

See my Avatar...Nuff said!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing