If you were building a new Windows computer primarily for music, what mb etc would you choose?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I've built computers for the past 15yr. for the studio and have always stuck with Intel mobo/cpu. I know they don't give you as many options as the gamer boards do with overclocking and such, but the Intel boards have always "just worked". I've tried Asus, Gigabye and MSI, but have always run into compatibility problems with other peripherals. The software manufacturers test these boards and that's what I've stuck with.

ferenc_k

Apr 9, 2011
I've built computers for the past 15yr. for the studio and have always stuck with Intel mobo/cpu. I know they don't give you as many options as the gamer boards do with overclocking and such, but the Intel boards have always "just worked". I've tried Asus, Gigabye and MSI, but have always run into compatibility problems with other peripherals. The software manufacturers test these boards and that's what I've stuck with.

Usually, there are no problems with workstation motherboards like Asus P10-WS for example. Not for audio and not for professional purposes. I use them for video editing, 3D animation, real-time VR/AR for broadcast, in really heavy load stituations.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing