Kuzma SAFIR 9

very interesting. Was it implemented on the CSPort? how does it sound? (the picture loos as if there is no more room left for the linear arm)
Yes it was implemented by CS Port on the TAT1M2 and the armboard could be put on the front or rear but even if I placed the Safir assembly on the front (see 2nd pic) then a 2nd arm-plate could attach to the back of the TAT1M2 for their LT but I don't beleive the LT would work, the arm-wand itself would hit the Safir arm. For me this is not an issue because the Safir arm on this table (as well as on my previous Kuzma Stabi R) sounds amazing! I listen everytday to this set-up and it just puts a smile on my face. 20230613_152609.jpg

Attachments

• 20230606_120842.jpg
    20230606_120842.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 52
Yes it was implemented by CS Port on the TAT1M2 and the armboard could be put on the front or rear but even if I placed the Safir assembly on the front (see 2nd pic) then a 2nd arm-plate could attach to the back of the TAT1M2 for their LT but I don't beleive the LT would work, the arm-wand itself would hit the Safir arm. For me this is not an issue because the Safir arm on this table (as well as on my previous Kuzma Stabi R) sounds amazing! I listen everytday to this set-up and it just puts a smile on my face. View attachment 113589
Thanks for sharing! However, I am wondering would you be missing something by not have the LT , as the LT set up was supposed to be forte of CSPort?

@ationg possibly but since I already owned the Safir it made the most sense to have CSPORT construct an armboard for it. The Safir was a known entity so this also gave me the opportunity to hear the differences between just tables when all other parameters stayed the same. Linear trackers present their own challenges but I'm sure the CSPORT LT arm is fantastic and someday will try one out.

Reactions: ationg
Ok you guys are killing me. My dealer is bring a Safir by to demo tomorrow.

It will be the only change in my system (well different tonearm arm cable, demo unit has the Kondo silver vs my 4p with Cardas/RCA block/Transparent Magnum Opus) so a very direct comparison of arm and captive cabling.

@jfrech what table will it be mounted on? I did the same comparison on a Stabi R. Exchanged my 4Point with the Safir (and a MSL cartridge) and had no intensions of buying the Safir but once heard it never went back to Elite AV. So get your checkbook out, it's going to be an expensive day! ;)
BTW the Safir only comes standard with the Kondo silver wiring.

Reactions: christoph
@jfrech what table will it be mounted on? I did the same comparison on a Stabi R. Exchanged my 4Point with the Safir (and a MSL cartridge) and had no intensions of buying the Safir but once heard it never went back to Elite AV. So get your checkbook out, it's going to be an expensive day! ;)
BTW the Safir only comes standard with the Kondo silver wiring.

Hi my Grand Prix Monaco v3.0.

@SOS, I've been told I can get it with several wire options. Cardas again, Crystal, a few others...along with the Kondo. Apparently Kuzma likes the Kondo the best and recommend it.

IMG_2551.JPG

@phoni Hi jfrech, have you recognized the 4Point's antiskating is defunct?
Good catch! Also when I used my 4Point I used to remove the top trough and thought the arm sounded better.

That's correct, Kondo only!
Well, we have a mystery. My dealer and the US importer say you can get the Safir 9 in multiple wiring options. Crystal, Kondo, Cardas, etc...I think it was initially offered in only Kondo, maybe that has changed? My dealer was quoting me pricing not the diff options...

Hi jfrech, have you recognized the 4Point's antiskating is defunct?
No I have not. Can you help me as I assume the anti skating is similar to the incoming safir

Good catch! Also when I used my 4Point I used to remove the top trough and thought the arm sounded better.
I've heard this before, I did it on my Tri Planar years ago and thought it helped. So far I have not tried it on the 4p

No I have not. Can you help me as I assume the anti skating is similar to the incoming safir
I think what phoni meant was the anti-skate string was off the track of the wheel. This can happen easily when you try to adjust the anti-skate, so you have to be careful to check!

Attachments

• 9DE7B715-2E65-46DA-AAEA-C58D74570402.jpeg
    9DE7B715-2E65-46DA-AAEA-C58D74570402.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I think what phoni meant was the anti-skate string was off the track of the wheel. This can happen easily when you try to adjust the anti-skate, so you have to be careful to check!
Yes, this is correct. If the string is off the wheel, anti-skate is defunct. This is easily to check. If you move the arm towards the spindle, the rigger has to move up.

Reactions: jfrech

It will be the only change in my system (well different tonearm arm cable, demo unit has the Kondo silver vs my 4p with Cardas/RCA block/Transparent Magnum Opus) so a very direct comparison of arm and captive cabling.
I caught the bug too, and have ordered a Safir 9 arm.

Get your check book out. As good as the 4 point is - the Safir will slay it.
I have the Kondo wire on my 4 pt and the Safir I had here had Kondo on it. I thought Kondo was the only option- perhaps that has changed.

Have fun.

Hi jfrech, have you recognized the 4Point's antiskating is defunct?
Wow, good catch. Not sure how you saw that but you are right. I have no idea when that happened. However, I have thought it sounded a bit diff last few weeks, I just thought it was my ears, or mood or what ever. I just corrected it and will listen for a few hours until the Safir gets here later this am...

Work in progress. I went ahead and went back to my Allaerts Formula 1 vs my Nagra cartridge. Had a good listen with the Allaerts on the 4p this am.

@phoni my dealer says he is dabbling as I type :)

IMG_2555.JPG

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing