Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Not tested , I'll keep my money
I only trust measurements that i have been falsified myself.
Joking aside, which measured values are important to you and with which measuring device.

I only trust measurements that i have been falsified myself.
Joking aside, which measured values are important to you and with which measuring device.
I bought a quad of new 46's a yr ago , I never took time to test thinking good feedback new . Last month I was listing them pulled out the amplitrex at1000 and all 4 junk . I just don't chance it anymore . If advertised with scores then they should test in that range .

Reactions: christoph
Buying from dealers is good, they also give a guarantee. A tube is a means of consumption if you are lucky enough to run 30 years without any problems, but you can are also unlucky died afer weeks.
my question got a measurement protocol for your tubes?. a good dealer or manufacturer does something like that.musterprotokoll.jpg

so far i have only had good experiences with private purchases, you also get to know nice people who mostly have the same hobby. a nice bonus

I am going to be interested in hearing the difference in SQ between the KT 170's I bought vs the KR KT88 Lukasz is sending with my Horizon.

He feels the KR KT88 is his favorite......Lukasz feels the two tubes are about equal BUT the KR KT88 has nicer voices. Lukasz states that KR is the king of clear transparency and that there is better vacuum than any of the Chinese or Russian equivalents as the KR is made on fast machines (whatever that means)

Reactions: Michael Davitt
E.A.T. KT88

I used to use these when they were sold at about £80 each and were branded Tesla in an Air Tight ATM2. No other KT88 or 6550 could get close to their sound quality and I tried a lot of different types.

Assuming they are still the same which I think they are, if they don't sound better than the KR I would be surprised.

The issue with them was reliability. Filament failure, basically. But the sound was right up there. Blinking marvelous territory, basically.

100 percent worth a try in the Horror.

I am going to be interested in hearing the difference in SQ between the KT 170's I bought vs the KR KT88 Lukasz is sending with my Horizon.

He feels the KR KT88 is his favorite......Lukasz feels the two tubes are about equal BUT the KR KT88 has nicer voices. Lukasz states that KR is the king of clear transparency and that there is better vacuum than any of the Chinese or Russian equivalents as the KR is made on fast machines (whatever that means)

I would assume that he is talking about new stock tubes. The old stock power tubes are much nicer than the new Chinese or Russian equivalents.

For example, there is no comparison between the old stock Tung-Sol 6550s and the new stock 6550s which I guess are Russian.

I would assume that he is talking about new stock tubes. The old stock power tubes are much nicer than the new Chinese or Russian equivalents.

For example, there is no comparison between the old stock Tung-Sol 6550s and the new stock 6550s which I guess are Russian.
we will find out in a few weeks

Reactions: dminches

I had some old stock Tung Sol 6550. Second best option in the Air Tight. The Tesla KT88 was a LOT better. Honestly. They were off the charts great.

I'm not knocking the KR KT88 BTW as it they seemed to be very good in some Audiopax amps when I was in Rio De Janeiro visiting. I am just saying the E.A.T. should be a really good punt for best sound.

Last edited:
E.A.T. KT88

I used to use these when they were sold at about £80 each and were branded Tesla in an Air Tight ATM2. No other KT88 or 6550 could get close to their sound quality and I tried a lot of different types.

Assuming they are still the same which I think they are, if they don't sound better than the KR I would be surprised.

The issue with them was reliability. Filament failure, basically. But the sound was right up there. Blinking marvelous territory, basically.

U need a quad, so if unreliable, it may not be your best bet. Recall these tube are for anode loading, taking "pressure" of the output tubes, so in a sense a workhorse.

Reactions: Steve Williams
I had some old stock Tung Sol 6550. Second best option in the Air Tight. The Tesla KT88 was a LOT better. Honestly. They were off the charts great.

I'm not knocking the KR KT88 BTW as it they seemed to be very good in some Audiopax amps when I was in Rio De Janeiro visiting. I am just saying the E.A.T. should be a really good punt for best sound.
Maybe as output tubes, but in Horizon, they are not used as such.... I await the tests. I think the biggest SQ determinant will be the output tubes, but who knows?

Reactions: Golum
U need a quad, so if unreliable, it may not be your best bet. Recall these tube are for anode loading, taking "pressure" of the output tubes, so in a sense a workhorse.
They may have solved the filament issue. I suspect they have TBH. The only issue is if changing the filament has messed up the sound quality.

But yeah, they are also expensive. But if you can afford a Horizon, do you care?

Are E.A.T. tubes even available?

Precisely the reason I bought a. new matched quad set of Tung-Sol KT170 to serve as that workhorse

Today people are investing in Bitcoin ,when I stopped working at telefunken and took every tube I could get. these are the old bitcoins. sometimes you have to be lucky
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. They are better than bitcoins as their value is only going up :)

I have a Pacific coming soon and I would like to find a quad of PX-25's and a quad of WE300B. If anybody hears of anything let me know please! Congrats to all on your Horizon purchases. That is super cool.
JB

Reactions: ctydwn
E.A.T. KT88

I'd be curious as to who makes E.A.T tubes? I doubt they make their own. More likely they are OEM'd by one of the big players and made to E.A.T.'s specs, no? At $1700+ for a matched quad set, they are certainly the most expensive new KT88 out there.

I'd be curious as to who makes E.A.T tubes? I doubt they make their own. More likely they are OEM'd by one of the big players and made to E.A.T.'s specs, no? At $1700+ for a matched quad set, they are certainly the most expensive new KT88 out there.
Tesla Vrsovice used to make them (not JJ Tesla).

IIRC (and I might not) E.A.T. bought the equipment and probably some of the people. And they massively increased the price.

a former Tesla factory in the Czech Republic,under supervision of Jozefina Lichtenegger CEO E.A.T
Link

a former Tesla factory in the Czech Republic,under supervision of Jozefina Lichtenegger CEO E.A.T
Link
Thanks for the update!

Reactions: DasguteOhr

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing