Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I'm puzzled why @wil is not really talkative too much...

Reactions: christoph and rau

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Nah. Audiophiles love to talk about new stuff!
When does your new stuff arrive? Aren't you a single digit guy?

I'm 29 or 27 depending on the status of the Russo-Ukrainian War.
I guess very few units have been delivered so far.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
When does your new stuff arrive? Aren't you a single digit guy?

I'm 29 or 27 depending on the status of the Russo-Ukrainian War.
I guess very few units have been delivered so far.

I am a single digit guy but don’t know when my Horizon will be shipped. Hard to tell how many have been shipped since not all owners are posters here. I assume they are shipping 2 per week.

MJG

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2018
Liechtenstein
I am a single digit guy but don’t know when my Horizon will be shipped. Hard to tell how many have been shipped since not all owners are posters here. I assume they are shipping 2 per week.
I am number 12. Lukasz informed me that I should get mine early May.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Only comments I am making now is that my tube set is fixed. Im done with the tube rolling to find what pleases my ears the most so for me I am spending hours each day listening to music.I have found back up sets to every tube I am using so Im' sailing off into the Horizon

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Al, I think Steve and Rau have been pretty helpful with their updates on their tube journey. The fact that I know what each of them has tried and liked is pretty good to me.

Reactions: christoph and Golum

wil

Jul 22, 2015
I'm puzzled why @wil is not really talkative too much...
I'm staying quiet for now because I'm still spinning plates in my system: I just got my DartZeel amp back after it's 3 month stay in a Swiss hospital -- so it needs to run in. I think the H is run in now after 8 days, but I really want to hear my French CFS 5687 triodes and I'm still waiting for their adaptors.

I will say the Horizon is an awesome DAC, there is no doubt about that! But I think I'll need more time to know if I'm near it's ceiling or if the ceiling is yet higher.

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
As such we are lucky Steve makes comments
and sad rau is Mostly mum
Like I stated it's pretty much impossible to make horizon sound bad . Which ever tubes are shipped with Horizon will sound great . Steve and myself ended up using the same tubes , this should be should tell you something. There really ain't much to tell .

One thing I can say is I don't think people should be in a rush to sell there preamp until they try with or without and then make a decision. I perfer horizon with preamp .

Another thing everyone's system and ears are diffrent we all will not like the same things .

I do have some other tubes coming and will post my findings at that time . Until then Al relax enjoy life , take that Smurf car on a nice cruise:)

Steve Williams

I agree about difficult to make the Horizon sound bad. i found that the changes heard with most tubes was minuscule however
huge increase in SQ with 5687 over 6900

Quantum leap in SQ using the Takatsuki 274B over the KR 5u4g

Another quantum leap in SQ using KT170 over KR KT88

as an aside the initial tube set I began with ( which was Lukasz favorite) is still amazing. For me I needed to extract as much info as I could to feed to my 32 wpc amps. The uptick in what I did to finalize tube selection as shown above is one I can live with forever

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Western Electric may be preoccupied. They will be taking up the slack for shortage in tubes for guitar amps.

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

If this goes through I would suggest we have a power buy here at WBF for WE 274B and WE 300B to hopefully buy down the price with numbers

Steve Williams

Mine is staying at 63 I found that just going to 62 killed the magic I hear at 63. At 62 I found to be less holographic and more 2 dimensional. That extra click is perfect. I adjust my preamp for volume and at 63 I am only making a one click change on my preamp depending on the genre. Only proves every system AND preferences dictate what is BEST for each user. No right or wrong.

Steve Williams

I got 300B WE but I'd be in for a couple 274B great idea
We all need to keep this red tagged because I get a lot of members would jump on a group buy if we could get the price down My gut is that this will only work in the USA as delivery cones to one address to be shipped to buyers. I don’t want to take chances on sending these all over the world for fear something might happen which would leave WBF liable

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing