Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Has anyone gone with a silver painted color that matches with the Taiko Extreme?
That was to be my first choice for that very reason however I couldn't get a satisfactory photo of the appearance so I went with Duracell as I did with my Pacific

Reactions: christoph and Golum

fizzletop

Feb 6, 2013
I am hoping that someone has a good photo of an existing silver unit too. It's surprising to me that this isn't a very popular option. "Taiko" silver seems pretty generic like Pilium, etc. I don't want to be the pioneer and it not visually work. I currently have the bling gold Pacific.

Reactions: rau and Alrainbow

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Goran has that color but can’t afford them taiko lol
Not silver - mouse gray is mine with silver top. Did you find that smurf blue for yourself?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Silver is very tricky one if you want anodized one in natural Al color. Extreme hustle with lots of left overs. Even being the case here in CH. More and more producers are powder coating which actually to me is great as also number of color choices is huge.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Real copper blocks RFI and EM, so potentially could slightly impact performance as well as looking nice :)

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I also am tempted by the “Black Hole” of black on black ….

Reactions: christoph

John T

Feb 15, 2022
@rau: Even with a good Pic, for some strange reason I'm also more confident with the Duracell Color Scheme. The Mouse Pearl with the Silver top looks great but difficult to envision...John

Reactions: rau

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing