Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Artistic is the perfect description. Beautiful Packaging with The bamboo box. It was like antique crystal arrived. I just stared it for a few moments...
The bamboo box is so perfectly constructed that it took me a few minutes to find where the top opened

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
i am going with the powdered copper. I am worried about caring for the real copper over time/tarnish…. Interested to hear what someone who saw them both feels, though. I also ordered the feet that Lukasz highly recommends, He said the graphite feet were better than tube changes! Very excited to be on the list…

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Fantastic, congrats! Learned my Horizon close to ready (whoo hoo!). Deposit back in December. 6 month wait not too bad.

I have not heard of other feet options. Can it be shared full suite of options such as those that are available that may not have been discussed here? Thank u!

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
1654999376153.png

From site: “Special footers that are Lukasz Fikus' favorite accessory for the Horizon, beats any tube change difference..”

How could I pass on that?

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
View attachment 94452

From site: “Special footers that are Lukasz Fikus' favorite accessory for the Horizon, beats any tube change difference..”

Could you please share a link to that on their site? When I Google search nothing is coming up, and I cannot seem to find it on the site. Thanks!

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
The bamboo box is so perfectly constructed that it took me a few minutes to find where the top opened
Not to nitpick, but I believe those boxes are kiri wood, a type of Paulownia used for making boxes for everything in Japan.

Steve Williams

whatever they are made of, they are beautiful
i am going with the powdered copper. I am worried about caring for the real copper over time/tarnish…. Interested to hear what someone who saw them both feels, though. I also ordered the feet that Lukasz highly recommends, He said the graphite feet were better than tube changes! Very excited to be on the list…
I had them both in my DAC

I ordered Duracell and as stated before the copper was to arrive a few days after my unit shipped . Lukasz brought the copper top with him and changed it at my house. It's all a matter of preference. prefer the Duracell top. The natural copper does not tarnish. It is coated and looks beautiful. The powdered painted copper also looks beautiful but easy to tell that it isn't copper

fizzletop

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks Steve. The real copper does look to have more depth and interest to it. I'm either going to go with this option or a painted version to match the silver Taiko Extreme finish. Lukasz believes he can get a very good colour match.

Steve Williams

Thanks Steve. The real copper does look to have more depth and interest to it. I'm either going to go with this option or a painted version to match the silver Taiko Extreme finish. Lukasz believes he can get a very good colour match.
I wanted to match my silver extreme as well but I could never see an adequate color example

Steve Williams

Here is my Pacific with Duracelll copper and my Horizon when it arrived with the painted copper top

Reactions: Sampajanna

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Thanks for all your input, but you are confusing me :) I didnt know the real copper was protected/coated. That is an important detail! I might have to change my mind knowing that.

And yes, those boxes are gorgeous. The Tak tubes are also beautiful in sound and appearance. The packaging is beyond awesome and typical for Japan. I lived there for a year or two and had a whole pile of shopping bags at the end of my time there--all too beautiful to throw away!!

I will probably get a Tak 274b as well. I may follow your lead with other tubes as well.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
View attachment 94452

Please report what those footers bring to the party.
If possible compared to other footers you have... :cool:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Not to nitpick, but I believe those boxes are kiri wood, a type of Paulownia used for making boxes for everything in Japan.
Thanks for that piece of info.
I thought it could even be Balsa Wood...

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Thanks for that piece of info.
I thought it could even be Balsa Wood...
It’s light balsa wood. also the recti comes in a box I’ve never seen before
it’s decorated black cardboard but the tube is suspended in a clear membrane
looks to be made to keep the tube suspended in the on all sides.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
A bit of advise for anyone who wants to try a tak recti or even the 300B
ps vane makes or made a we274b and we300b tube.
It’s not expensive or was not back then
I had boght these as well as others at the time
once these are burned in you might be surprised how good and close they are to real nos ones
my reason to try these is there cheap by compare and can let you know there sound is right for you

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing