LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
Checked with the man himself and the answer is yes to all above mentioned tubes...guess you can make yourself busy playing with all those tubes for quite a while ;):D

P.S. I did mot check for the 350b
The upgrade from GA to GA2 could be expensive for me as I have a nasty tube rolling habit! :) At least I have a bunch of GEC KT88's that I could use, but I'll definitely want to try some of those other tubes as well.

Reactions: christoph and Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
The upgrade from GA to GA2 could be expensive for me as I have a nasty tube rolling habit! :) At least I have a bunch of GEC KT88's that I could use, but I'll definitely want to try some of those other tubes as well.
Define “bunch of GEC KT88s” as there might be a few guys interested in those;)

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
Define “bunch of GEC KT88s” as there might be a few guys interested in those;)
Single top getters from the 50's, triple getters (one top, two side) from the 50's, and triple getters from the 60's. These tubes should last forever in a DAC.

Reactions: Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Wow - great...you’re set for a fantastic start...

fbs

Apr 22, 2019
Bavaria
Atlantic TRP Black (with premium interiors from the Golden), finally arrived :cool::
47812895-4B1C-4C27-8968-679719FDE407.jpeg

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

fbs

Apr 22, 2019
Bavaria
After only a few hours of listening to some of my favorite tracks ( Tin Pan Alley/Stevie Ray Vaughan, Caverna Magica/Andreas Vollenweider, Ave Maris Stellar/Die Priester-Mojca Erdmann, Touch, Live in Berlin/Yello) I can sum up that the Atlantic TRP matches my expectations so far absolutely. In terms of musicality its pair to an excellent analog TT, dynamic, 3D information and mapping is clearly outstanding. I can remember a DAC comparison at Christoph‘s place with an A+, GA, GG1 and my former Octave. The A2 TRP is much closer to the GA, I really enjoy it.

When I interpret the Lampizator website correctly, an GA TRP will no longer be available, the GA may be continued with the R2R engine, the Atlantic TRP got the premium interior.

We‘ll see what tube rolling offers in addition, I will follow some of your advice.

PS: Of course, GA TRP could be w/o E53

Reactions: christoph

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
When I interpret the Lampizator website correctly, an GA TRP will no longer be available, the GA may be continued with the R2R engine, the Atlantic TRP got the premium interior.
I don't see a mention of the GA2/TRP on the Lampizator web site yet. There is an upgrade path for existing owners of GA to GA2/TRP which I will probably take advantage of later in the year.

Reactions: christoph and Golum

fbs

Apr 22, 2019
Bavaria
Take a look at the A2/Atlantic and look at the order form.

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
Take a look at the A2/Atlantic and look at the order form.
Ah yes indeed. Thanks for the info. Looks like the site is still in progress as it states "The so called "Golden" version is discontinued and all units get the premium interior like the Golden had before, but the copper top is no longer available.", yet the photo shows an Atlantic with the copper top.
https://www.lampizatorpoland.com/kopia-ordering-atlantic-dac

I wonder what components are used in the new Atlantic 2? The GA had quite a few upgrades over the Atlantic:
- 12 mm Alu front panel
- WBT Germany input and output rear sockets
- Integrated AC filter IEC AC input socket
- Pure copper sheet top/side chassis
- Mundorf Mlytic power supply caps
- Mundorf Foil MKP caps in third, final stage of power supply just before the tube anode.
- Mundorf silver/gold output caps
- Silver WBT solder used throughout
- 26 GA stranded silver wiring in teflon
- ATOM Vishay first capacitor after the tubes
- CMC Teflon sockets with gold pin contacts for all 5 tubes
- Thixar footers

I like the fact they are just standardizing on the single Atlantic brand (and no more GA). It could all be a little confusing to the newbie (as I was a couple of years ago). Looks like the decision to not have a GA2 is very recent. But, after talking with Fred, existing owners can send in their GA to Lampizator in Poland to get the new engine and tube rolling options - which I guess would make it a GA2 TRP :)

jriggy

Dec 4, 2017
Oops. It’s easy to accidentally delete a post...
Sounds like consolidating the line. Simplifying the “Atlantic” down to one model (available in R2R or E53), instead of two or three?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Oops. It’s easy to accidentally delete a post...
Sounds like consolidating the line. Simplifying the “Atlantic” down to one model (available in R2R or E53), instead of two or three?
That is what I heard also, but not only related to Atlantic line.
Few days ago a dear friend here in CH has send me pictures of his TRP which just arrived and I was surprised as he ordered GA2 TRP and got the black one...so seems to me that story above is correct regarding the colors and what is inside.
Which is actually good as it will create less confusion in the future. I think you are also totally right regarding the available “engines”. There will only be E53 as standard and if you want to go for r2r it will be custom made per order.
453878AE-2DBD-426F-8FC0-F534A226D9DB.jpeg 2C2C11C2-1E30-484C-BC23-2ACFC2459DE5.jpeg

Reactions: christoph and fbs

fbs

Apr 22, 2019
Bavaria
Any experience with an Emission Lab 5U4G Mesh compared to the KR-5U4G RK?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Any experience with an Emission Lab 5U4G Mesh compared to the KR-5U4G RK?
Yes, I heard both (as I have them) in TRP and forget about the EML Mash...mine is nicely wrapped in bubble wrap and original box and sitting in the cellar awaiting for my grand children to find it and sell it for big $$$ as NOS from second decade of 21st century.
BTW - slow, grainy, killing dynamics in one word uber boring. On the other hand if you want to impress visitors with the looks it serves this purpose perfectly. ;)

fbs

Apr 22, 2019
Bavaria
Thanks @Golum I will warn my grand children to better look out for KRs ;)

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
New p
New production pentodes are relatively cheap and even most vintage ones...

ronfint

Oct 29, 2012
Michigan
users.math.msu.edu
I wonder how 807s would sound in this dac (with appropriate adapters). My first tube amps were VTL 120 monos which gave 55 watts per channel in triode mode. They sounded wonderful, and the anode-capped 807s were very romantic looking.

Reactions: wisnon and Golum

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing